PDA

View Full Version : Mom throws boys off overpass into I-30 traffic

kepdawg
03-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Police: Boys struggled as mom threw them off overpass into I-30 traffic

12:58 PM CDT on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

By STEVE THOMPSON and KIMBERLY DURNAN / The Dallas Morning News

Two children struggled Wednesday morning before their mother threw them 22 feet from an overpass into oncoming Interstate 30 rush-hour traffic, Dallas police said.

Khandi Busby, 27, then jumped herself from the overpass railing on Jim Miller Road, police said.

"The children were trying to stave off from being thrown but were overpowered," said Dallas police Lt. C.L. Williams.

All three survived and were taken to local hospitals where the mom was listed in critical condition. The two boys, Gary Ford, 8, and Derrick Tennison, 6, were able to communicate with paramedics at the scene and their injuries did not appear life-threatening.

"We don't know the reason at this point why she did this," said Dallas police Sgt. Gil Cerda.

The woman was riding in a yellow Cadillac with her two children and her father on their way to visit a friend, police said.

It was unclear whether the adults had been fighting, but at some point the father stopped at a nearby gas station and Ms. Busby got out of the car with the children. She walked to the overpass, threatened to jump, and her father followed, apparently trying to prevent her from hurting herself or her children, police said.

The father, however, could not reach them in time. At about 6:30 a.m., Ms. Busby threw Gary and Derrick over the railing and then jumped.

Police said multiple witnesses saw the incident and alerted 911. It did not appear that any motorists were injured from the falls.

Ms. Busby was taken to Baylor University Medical Cener at Dallas, and the boys were transported to Children's Medical Center Dallas. Dallas police said earlier that the boys may have been grazed by passing traffic. Lt. Williams said at a news conference later in the day that they were still trying to verify whether anyone had been struck by vehicles after they fell.
Interstate 30 at Jim Miller Road

“It ‘s a miracle both kids weren’t hit directly by a passing car,” Dallas police Sgt. David Burroughs said.

Police said the father had left the scene after the woman jumped, but investigators later located him at Baylor hospital with Ms. Busby.

Dallas police said Child Protective Services has had involvement with the family and that Ms. Busby has a criminal record.

Ms. Busby may face two counts of attempted murder charges related to this incident, police said.

LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/031308dnmetjump.4879fa8d.html)

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 01:38 PM
What a lunatic. She doesn't deserve to ever get her kids back, but I am sure CPS will hand them right back to her ASAP!!

crzyjournalist03
03-12-2008, 01:39 PM
I heard about this early this morning...what a way to put you in a bad mood in a hurry.

I'm just thankful to God that the kids were not seriously hurt.

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 01:39 PM
what in the hell is wrong with people!

:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

44INAROW
03-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
what in the hell is wrong with people!

:foul: :foul: :foul: :foul:

amen - I am sure it will be someone's fault, not hers......... :rolleyes: I dont' care what problems she has - there is NO excuse for what she did......

sahen
03-12-2008, 01:49 PM
the father left but then was later found at the hospital with his wife? im sry but if i was the dad i'd be at the hospital w/ my kids if my nutso wife just tried to kill them....

BuffyMars
03-12-2008, 01:49 PM
its funny when people read these stories they feel bad about the situation. that's how i am always.

however, i learned that after moving to dallas that nobody cares if you are ok on the road. all they care about is for you to get out of their way and stop clogging traffic so they can get to going to wherever it is that they need to be going to! :mad:

i had a fender bender on LBJ freeway on my way to work and i got out to check on the person as did he with me....and people were flying past us and yelling at us to get out of the road!

and a co-worker told me this, and i quote: "if i am stuck in gridlock, all i know is somebody better be dead!"

yeah......this is why i don't like very many people. RUDE-O'S!!!!

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by sahen
the father left but then was later found at the hospital with his wife? im sry but if i was the dad i'd be at the hospital w/ my kids if my nutso wife just tried to kill them....

I must have read that wrong, I thought it said that was HER father!!

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
its funny when people read these stories they feel bad about the situation. that's how i am always.

however, i learned that after moving to dallas that nobody cares if you are ok on the road. all they care about is for you to get out of their way and stop clogging traffic so they can get to going to wherever it is that they need to be going to! :mad:

i had a fender bender on LBJ freeway on my way to work and i got out to check on the person as did he with me....and people were flying past us and yelling at us to get out of the road!

and a co-worker told me this, and i quote: "if i am stuck in gridlock, all i know is somebody better be dead!"

You couldn't pay me enough to live in the metroplex.....West Texas is just fine and dandy for me!

kepdawg
03-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

You read it correctly.

NastySlot
03-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

that's dallas for you....left twenty years ago and don't miss it.....talk about shallow people.

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
that's dallas for you....left twenty years ago and don't miss it.....talk about shallow people. not ALL dallas people are like that --- just the ones that drive! :D LOL

i miss the metro mess :weeping:

kepdawg
03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
that's dallas for you....left twenty years ago and don't miss it.....talk about shallow people.

Shallow people certainly aren't limited to Dallas.

BuffyMars
03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
not ALL dallas people are like that --- just the ones that drive! :D LOL

i know. despite all the von aholios, i still love this big city.

kepdawg
03-12-2008, 01:57 PM
not ALL dallas people are like that --- just the ones that drive! :D LOL

You could always move back. I'm sure they can make room for you in Celina!

nobogey72
03-12-2008, 02:28 PM
What a lunatic. She doesn't deserve to ever get her kids back, but I am sure CPS will hand them right back to her ASAP!!

Why do you say that???:confused: :confused:

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You could always move back. I'm sure they can make room for you in Celina! We've already had this discussion.

AP Panther Fan
03-12-2008, 02:56 PM
I am so sick of children being victimized by adults. I sure wish the judicial system could figure out a way to give these monsters "appropriate" punishment for their crimes.:mad:

sahen
03-12-2008, 03:36 PM

your right...i read it wrong, the last time he was mentioned was kind of funny in saying "the father" and not "her father"

eppy 12
03-12-2008, 03:38 PM
What a lunatic. She doesn't deserve to ever get her kids back, but I am sure CPS will hand them right back to her ASAP!! only after a parenting class:rolleyes:

nobogey72
03-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by eppy 12
only after a parenting class:rolleyes:

Why do you say that?:confused:

eppy 12
03-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Why do you say that?:confused: sarcasm, i don't believe for 1 moment this woman will ever see touch those children again. wonder where dad is?

lakers
03-12-2008, 04:10 PM
lunatics:mad:

Emerson1
03-12-2008, 05:00 PM
She will get them back and then turn around and sue the city for not having fences a long the bridge.

piratebg
03-12-2008, 06:02 PM
I can't believe this crap. :mad:

Emerson1
03-12-2008, 06:07 PM
CPS has investigated against her 3 times since 2004 for neglect

She has been arrested for assault and criminal trespass.

CPS needs to be bid off to a private company and.

zebrablue2
03-12-2008, 06:25 PM
god bless the 2 boys. mom has to be or been on drugs. nobody in their right mind could do anything like that.. so sad...

PHS Wildcats
03-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Wow... I heard about this on my way to work.:mad:

NastySlot
03-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Shallow people certainly aren't limited to Dallas.

no Dallas-metro area has more then the rest of the state combined.

kepdawg
03-13-2008, 11:49 AM
no Dallas-metro area has more then the rest of the state combined.

You are entitled to your opinion.

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2008, 12:01 PM
It was all I could do to keep from replying to this yesterday. :mad: Some people should have their reproduction rights revoked, including the equipment to do so.

Ranger Mom
03-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I just read the boys are in good condition...the "mom" (and I use that term loosely) is in critical condition after being struck by a car!!

When I read this part of the article, I couldn't help but laugh!!

MT feels a little insulted by the police sgt.’s “not knowing why” the mother did this — There is no WHY!!!! She is a crazy beeotch, that’s why! And, she ought to rot in a 4 x 4 cell for the rest of her crazy life! And the father sounds like he’s whacked too.

Minor Topics Link (http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/tag/khandi-busby/)

nobogey72
03-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
CPS has investigated against her 3 times since 2004 for neglect

She has been arrested for assault and criminal trespass.

CPS needs to be bid off to a private company and.

There are some vast misconceptions about CPS out there. #1 They are vastly underfunded (when there is a Rep. Gov) but they are expected to perform the same quality of service. #2 Anytime a child is or is not removed, a JUDGE makes the ultimate decision.

BwdLions
03-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by eppy 12
sarcasm, i don't believe for 1 moment this woman will ever see touch those children again. wonder where dad is?

Don't you mean dads? I think the boys have different last names. I'm sure the fathers of the boys have never been around to help.

NastySlot
03-14-2008, 01:58 PM
You are entitled to your opinion.

grew up there and still have plenty of family members (most are shallow) there....and you don't realize it til you leave.

BuffyMars
03-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
There are some vast misconceptions about CPS out there. #1 They are vastly underfunded (when there is a Rep. Gov) but they are expected to perform the same quality of service. #2 Anytime a child is or is not removed, a JUDGE makes the ultimate decision.

FYI: Perry spent $329 million on trying to clean up APS & CPS. People always like to throw out the party card.

deer spotter
03-14-2008, 02:12 PM
What in the world happened to the" live and die for the family "idea?? She is very sick and deserves nothing she gets except a padded room. Why waste tuna fish on someone like this.What and the world was going through her mind when she was struggling to throw them off the bridge?? I am sorry,but she needs putting away somewhere until she can get a LOT of help. She is going to be on TV ina couple of days saying"God made her do it". What a crock. This is HORRIBLE.