PDA

View Full Version : LH vs. Brownwood (2008)

Daddy D 11
03-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Lets get it going early:devil:

Let's hear predictions everyone:)

LH810
03-12-2008, 09:05 AM
LH 35-21 :devil:

CenTexSports
03-12-2008, 09:07 AM
I predict a bitter hard fought battle that will be a bloody epic. There will be ambulances leaving before the first half is over (and this is just in the stands).

Daddy D 11
03-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I predict a bitter hard fought battle that will be a bloody epic. There will be ambulances leaving before the first half is over (and this is just in the stands).

easy Centex...been hanging around english teachers too much :eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

Where are they playing?

LH Panther Mom
03-12-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Where are they playing?
Here :devil:

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Here :devil:

Oh! Well I guess I won't skip our game and watch that one instead after all!!

CenTexSports
03-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Good! There will be enough blood in the stands without someone falling up the steps and bleeding all over the place.

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Good! There will be enough blood in the stands without someone falling up the steps and bleeding all over the place.

Oh shut up!!:foul: :foul:

LH Panther Mom
03-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Oh shut up!!:foul: :foul:
Sorry, it was wrong of me, but I laughed. :D ;) And then I thought "Ooooooh, somebody's in trouble!". ;)

CenTexSports
03-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Do gramdmothers spank?

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Do gramdmothers spank?

This one does!!;)

jason
03-12-2008, 09:36 AM
brownwood by 2 td's...

and that's because LH scores against brownwood's 3rd string late in the 4th qtr...

Rocket
03-12-2008, 10:07 AM
I say Brownwood 28-17. I hope the stands can hold Brownwood. We are going to make it a Brownwood Home Away from Home Game. Going to be fun!

Sweetwater Red
03-12-2008, 10:15 AM
I just jope Liberty Hill leaves some meat on the bones for the
rest of 2-3A to pick over once district play starts.:devil:

BwdLions
03-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Brownwood will win.

STANG RED
03-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Sorry, it was wrong of me, but I laughed. :D ;) And then I thought "Ooooooh, somebody's in trouble!". ;)

ditto:D

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 10:22 AM

Let's not & say we did! :p :p

waaaaayyyyy to early to call :doh:

STANG RED
03-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Let's not & say we did! :p :p

waaaaayyyyy to early to call :doh:

Cmon now p4s. Dont be a party pooper!:p

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Cmon now p4s. Dont be a party pooper!:p

ummmmmmmm :p :p :p & :tongue: :D

LH810
03-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by jason
brownwood by 2 td's...

and that's because LH scores against brownwood's 3rd string late in the 4th qtr...

Brownwood wont know what to do against the slot-t
LH is going to pound it down the Lions throats

Texasfootball2
03-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by LH810
Brownwood wont know what to do against the slot-t
LH is going to pound it down the Lions throats

190 days until kickoff of this game and it's already started. This will either get real interesting or extremely old.

LionKing
03-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Hopefully us Brownwood fans won't be wore out, the week before the LH-B'wood game is the renewed ''battle of 377'' Brownwood-Stephenville game, two big weeks for us in a row.

Hill Man
03-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I say Brownwood 28-17. I hope the stands can hold Brownwood. We are going to make it a Brownwood Home Away from Home Game. Going to be fun!

better bring your lawn chair... we don't seat more than 10 in the vistor stands... not kidding by much..:doh:

a very small venue for a 3A power... but we have accomodated several big game numbers, 5000-6000 in a stadium that sits short of 2000

STANG RED
03-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Hopefully us Brownwood fans won't be wore out, the week before the LH-B'wood game is the renewed ''battle of 377'' Brownwood-Stephenville game, two big weeks for us in a row.

No doubt, Bwood has got one of the most brutal schedules I have ever seen.
If what they say is true "What doesnt kill you will make you stronger", yall are either going to have a bunch of mighty tough young men, or a bunch of dead ones.:D

NastySlot
03-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
better bring your lawn chair... we don't seat more than 10 in the vistor stands... not kidding by much..:doh:

a very small venue for a 3A power... but we have accomodated several big game numbers, 5000-6000 in a stadium that sits short of 2000

accomodated? or squeezed in?....once scouted Burnet at Liberty Hill had to sit on top of the press box....really sit on....no chairs....been a while....but it was good game...LH if I remember had a chance to win on 2pt con....

bwdlionfan
03-12-2008, 01:43 PM

Does LH have portable bleachers that they can bring in for the game? Brownwood's had to do this a couple of times in the past

Hill Man
03-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
accomodated? or squeezed in?....once scouted Burnet at Liberty Hill had to sit on top of the press box....really sit on....no chairs....been a while....but it was good game...LH if I remember had a chance to win on 2pt con....

I remember that game.. one of the very best high school games I every saw...

two seasons prior to that Burnet game, Magee and Shipley came with them (their jr season) and LH and Burnet were at 9-0.. Got to the field 3 hours before kick off and the stands on both sides were already full...we were not just squeezed, we were sitting on each other.... Magee and company dominated that one but that was the first of many to come packed games...

We just added what-- 250 seats to the home side last season.. WE NEED 2000 MORE

Hill Man
03-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Does LH have portable bleachers that they can bring in for the game? Brownwood's had to do this a couple of times in the past

We drag all the stands we have from the baseball, softball fields etc we have for the big games.... Regardless - come early and bing your lawn chair.... no kidding;)

bwdlionfan
03-12-2008, 02:07 PM
We drag all the stands we have from the baseball, softball fields etc we have for the big games.... Regardless - come early and bing your lawn chair.... no kidding;)

We had to do it for the Stephenville game in 99 I believe, or 00... can't remember... but Gordon Wood seats 8,000... and we still needed portable bleachers.

Panther One
03-12-2008, 02:08 PM
My only prediction this early is that Brownwood will not hold us to 17, as someone predicted.

Rocket
03-12-2008, 03:06 PM
yeah? we'll see.

Texasfootball2
03-12-2008, 03:09 PM
DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

And thats the bell for round one ladies and gentlemen. Don't go away this will be a 15 round heavy verbal contest between two of the best, so sit back an relax. Round two will begin shortly:D

Looking4number8
03-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Of course I think Brownwood will upset LH but I do look for a hard hard game for both teams. LH should be the favorite and we will be looking to prove ourselves in 3A. I will be there early... wait, may I will be there late so I have to stand on the sidelines....

It will be a great game if it turns out to be the game I think it will be.

orange machine
03-12-2008, 03:49 PM
You people better book you a room at the motel 6 in Austin on thursday night and be at the field by 5am to get your seats and seat the rest oif the day until the game starts.

waterboy
03-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I can't see Brownwood beating Liberty Hill. If it were last years teams LH would beat them by at least 4 TDs, probably more. With the Panthers losing some of their studs this year it may make for a closer game but Liberty Hill will win nonetheless.

LH Panther Mom
03-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
You people better book you a room at the motel 6 in Austin on thursday night and be at the field by 5am to get your seats and seat the rest oif the day until the game starts.
Oh, I see you've driven by our stadium. :D ;)

Panther One
03-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
yeah? we'll see.
You'll see 17 by halftime...

orange machine
03-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Oh, I see you've driven by our stadium. :D ;)

No, but i saw it on Texas Bob and it looks a little ah rundown and small.

BEAST
03-12-2008, 08:07 PM
I personally dont really care who wins the first game between the two schools. I mean, I want The Wood to win but it really does not matter. The game that counts is the second time the two teams hook up, and I promise The Wood will win that one.

BEAST

orange machine
03-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I personally dont really care who wins the first game between the two schools. I mean, I want The Wood to win but it really does not matter. The game that counts is the second time the two teams hook up, and I promise The Wood will win that one.

BEAST

You want if LH goes d1 and yall go d2

cshscougar08
03-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I can't see Brownwood beating Liberty Hill. If it were last years teams LH would beat them by at least 4 TDs, probably more. With the Panthers losing some of their studs this year it may make for a closer game but Liberty Hill will win nonetheless.

I think you are underestimating Brownwood. In a BIG way.

solocam
03-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Beast,you shouldn't make promises you can't keep

BEAST
03-12-2008, 09:12 PM
You want if LH goes d1 and yall go d2

LH going D1 is highly unlikely isnt it? With Burnett in the same district, I would think Burnett would go D1

BEAST

orange machine
03-12-2008, 09:15 PM
LH going D1 is highly unlikely isnt it? With Burnett in the same district, I would think Burnett would go D1

BEAST

4 got about Burnett being in that district.

BEAST
03-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by solocam
Beast,you shouldn't make promises you can't keep

All I am saying is that I know the Coaching staff here very well. It would not suprise me for us to come out against LH and play very vanilla football. I have seen us do it on numerous occasions. Then come the money games and we are not the same team. Especially given the fact that there is a very high probability that we could face LH in the playoffs.

BEAST

orange machine
03-12-2008, 09:17 PM
All I am saying is that I know the Coaching staff here very well. It would not suprise me for us to come out against LH and play very vanilla football. I have seen us do it on numerous occasions. Then come the money games and we are not the same team. Especially given the fact that there is a very high probability that we could face LH in the playoffs.

BEAST

Man you talk about playoff match ups Celina, LH and Brownwood all in d2 wow.

BEAST
03-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Man you talk about playoff match ups Celina, LH and Brownwood all in d2 wow.

I know, Celina gets the better road though. The Wood or LH will have to go through one another to get to yall. Being new to 3A, fill me in on who would be left on the other side of the bracket assuming one of us 3 make it to the titile game?

BEAST

Panther One
03-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Right...I'm sure the Brownwood coaches are going to risk defeat and keep things 'vanilla'. If you want to prove your worth in 3A, then you better show up with all you've got against the two-time defending champ. Don't start with the "saving stuff for the playoffs" nonsense. We're going to get the films of the three games before us. Are they going to keep it 'vanilla' in all of those games? If we do match up in the playoffs, we'll get more game film. Will the coaches be keeping everything 'vanilla' during district? Whether it's against us or on film, we'll see what Brownwood does, so I recommend playing to win.

orange machine
03-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Right...I'm sure the Brownwood coaches are going to risk defeat and keep things 'vanilla'. If you want to prove your worth in 3A, then you better show up with all you've got against the two-time defending champ. Don't start with the "saving stuff for the playoffs" nonsense. We're going to get the films of the three games before us. Are they going to keep it 'vanilla' in all of those games? If we do match up in the playoffs, we'll get more game film. Will the coaches be keeping everything 'vanilla' during district? Whether it's against us or on film, we'll see what Brownwood does, so I recommend playing to win.

Sorry my Brownwood friend, but i must agree with panther one on this one. Not saying this is what you are doing , but it seems maybe a little doubt in your answer and trying to make an excuse. Hey if yall lose then oh well alot of teams have lost to LH, but if yall win yall knocked the two time defending champion. Im going with LH in a close game, but i wouldnt mind seeing them get knocked off either!!

Tin Cup
03-12-2008, 10:49 PM
i hope we beat lh and every one else on our schedule but i will take our 2006 2 and 3 pre-district start going 4 rounds deep in the playoffs over our 5 and 1 pre-district start and miss the playoffs in 2007. Bottom line is more than likely these two teams will meet again and thats the only one i really care if we win. neither team will be the same when they meet again if they do so it doesnt have any bearing on the success of the season. i say brownwood wins on a last second field goal...sweetwater style lol

STANG RED
03-12-2008, 11:32 PM
I have to agree with the Brownwood boys on this one. Frankley I dont see either team going for broke to win this game. Yes it would be a nice win, but all in all it is meaningless. First of all, why show your hand so early in the season? Second, surely both coaching staffs will be looking more at players in positions and seeing what their new blood can do in certain positions and circumstances in game situations. Its the pre-season guys. Good coaches are more concerned about seeing what they have to work with, and how to put it all together before district play starts, than they are with getting Ws. Dont get me wrong, I think both will go in to win, but I think their going to be more concerned with other things than they are about the W.

orange machine
03-12-2008, 11:38 PM
Well i dont really care as long as Celina beats one of you.:)

Panther One
03-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Well, since we play to win here in Liberty Hill...

Bwood Vanilla 21
Liberty Hill 42

solocam
03-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Panther coaches already know what they have

LH810
03-13-2008, 08:26 AM

Agreed:clap:

BEAST
03-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Panther One

I did not say we would not play to win, just not throw the kitchen sink at ya. If LH is going to turn to the last page of the play book good for them, I am just saying I dont think we will. That is saved for the money games, district and beyond.

BEAST

Daddy D 11
03-13-2008, 08:51 AM
I did not say we would not play to win, just not throw the kitchen sink at ya. If LH is going to turn to the last page of the play book good for them, I am just saying I dont think we will. That is saved for the money games, district and beyond.

BEAST

haha, i promise you the Brownwood coaching staff wants to badly beat the 2 time defending state champs. I bet yall throw the sink and tub...

pirate4state
03-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Here's a hint --- LH is gonna run the ball!! :D To the right, up the middle, to the left. Peek-a-boo!

In the few games I've seen, I don't think I remember a trick play from LH so there will be no turning to the "last page" of the play book, imo.

Then again, what do I know? :confused: :D

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2008, 08:55 AM

BEAST
I'm going out on a limb here, I know, but I think the last page of our play book might possibly be a running play. :thinking:

Daddy D 11
03-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Here's a hint --- LH is gonna run the ball!! :D To the right, up the middle, to the left. Peek-a-boo!

In the few games I've seen, I don't think I remember a trick play from LH so there will be no turning to the "last page" of the play book, imo.

you're exactly right. we can run the same 5 or 6 plays all night long and still be busting 10 yards a carry come fourth quarter. Brownwoods first attempt against the Slot T is going to be fun:devil:

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2008, 08:56 AM
Plenty..... :devil:

Daddy D 11
03-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Plenty..... :devil:

hey LHPM! long time no talk:wave:

LH810
03-13-2008, 08:59 AM
you're exactly right. we can run the same 5 or 6 plays all night long and still be busting 10 yards a carry come fourth quarter. Brownwoods first attempt against the Slot T is going to be fun:devil:

brownwood will not know who has the ball and they only way they will find out is when they see the ball carrier lightly jogging into the endzone :D :D

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2008, 09:00 AM
hey LHPM! long time no talk:wave:
Yeah, how's it going? :)

Daddy D 11
03-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Yeah, how's it going? :)
Pretty good, been busy with "work" lately;) its going alright lol

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Pretty good, been busy with "work" lately;) its going alright lol
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Gotta miss the track meet tomorrow, so I'm thinking watching "work" sounds good.

Daddy D 11
03-13-2008, 09:03 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Gotta miss the track meet tomorrow, so I'm thinking watching "work" sounds good.

sounds good:) i start at 5 :D

LH810
03-13-2008, 09:08 AM
sounds good:) i start at 5 :D

wow same shift imagine that ;)

I_DONT_CARE
03-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Then come the money games and we are not the same team.

LOL -- WOW YOU AREN'T THE SAME TEAM? THAT'S ONE I HADN'T HEARD BEFORE! HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU GET FROM THESE GAMES?

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by LH810
wow same shift imagine that ;)
Cool beans! :D ;)

pirate4state
03-13-2008, 09:31 AM
you're exactly right. woo hoo i like being right!

Ranger Mom
03-13-2008, 09:34 AM

They weren't ALL trick plays???:eek: :eek:

I was "tricked" almost the entire game....at every game I saw!!!!

:p

pirate4state
03-13-2008, 09:37 AM
They weren't ALL trick plays???:eek: :eek:

I was "tricked" almost the entire game....at every game I saw!!!!

:p

HAHAHA silly goose! I was only "tricked" some of the time. :D

Silverback 04
03-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Actually the last page is the first page. Look, it ain't rocket science...put 11 in the box and stop the run, I mean, how hard could it be? The Panthers might put in a trickplay where they throw the ball once or twice...then again maybe not. I bet if you go back and look at the number of punts and the number of passes in the entire season they might be equal. It aughta be interesting!

Black_Magic
03-13-2008, 10:39 AM
I predict a bitter hard fought battle that will be a bloody epic. There will be ambulances leaving before the first half is over (and this is just in the stands). http://www.lakehavasucityhomes.net/images/Helo1.JPG

waterboy
03-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I think you are underestimating Brownwood. In a BIG way.
It's just my opinion. I just don't see Brownwood winning this one. I'm not underestimating anyone, I just think LH will win. Don't underestimate Liberty Hill. They're the 2-time defending 3A state champs for a reason. If Brownwood does pull out the win in this one, I'll be back on here the following Monday to congratulate them.:thumbsup:

Texasfootball2
03-13-2008, 11:23 AM
It's just my opinion. I just don't see Brownwood winning this one. I'm not underestimating anyone, I just think LH will win. Don't underestimate Liberty Hill. They're the 2-time defending 3A state champs for a reason. If Brownwood does pull out the win in this one, I'll be back on here the following Monday to congratulate them.:thumbsup:

Not making a call either way on this game, yet. Will have a much better feel after Wylie plays LH week two and eye have seen them up close and personal. I already have a pretty good idea what type of team Brownwood will have. Freeman and his staff do a good job of both trying to win early season games and playing a lot of kids to see what they've got. As for the next six months I will just sit back and enjoy all the trash talk about this. Who knows both teams may be 1-2 going into the game and nobody will care:D