PDA

View Full Version : Wylie's new field turf.

nobogey72
03-12-2008, 06:52 AM
The school board made it official Monday night. I guess they will start whenever soccer is over. The article didn't mention the other parts of the project that we had been hearing such as increasing the visitors bleachers and a few other things. I was hoping they would add to the visitors side. I don't think that the current stands will hold all the jerks.. I mean fans that Brownwood will bring over here. :D :D Seriously, with Brownwood, Liberty Hill, etc. coming, I was hoping we could spruce up the seating a little. Because we sure don't want them coming over and sitting on our side.:mad: :D :D

injuredinmelee
03-12-2008, 07:01 AM
wont be too many empty seats on the Wylie side anyhow. They will regret not taking care of the visitors parking lot at the same time however.

Texasfootball2
03-12-2008, 08:27 AM
From what I understand and I could be wrong. The visitors bleachers and parking lots are on the list of things during this phase of remodeling. Not just paving the present parking, but adding some parking.

Adidas410s
03-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wont be too many empty seats on the Wylie side anyhow. They will regret not taking care of the visitors parking lot at the same time however.
Ehh...no regrets...we don't park over there anyway! ;)

LH Panther Mom
03-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Because we sure don't want them coming over and sitting on our side.:mad: :D :D
You wouldn't be able to tell we had invaded your side until it was too late. :devil:

STANG RED
03-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Ehh...no regrets...we don't park over there anyway! ;)

Fine then. We'll just park our beaters and junkers over in yalls parking lot then. Sure gonna be a lot banged up car doors and fenders though.:eek: :p

CenTexSports
03-12-2008, 09:21 AM
The district should put in a rule like the 4A district that Brownwood is getting out of. If the home team's stands don't hold all of the visitors fans, then the home team fans MUST vacate their seats and give them to the visitors.

LH Panther Mom
03-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
The district should put in a rule like the 4A district that Brownwood is getting out of. If the home team's stands don't hold all of the visitors fans, then the home team fans MUST vacate their seats and give them to the visitors.
Talk about the shedding of blood! :D

Adidas410s
03-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Is that actually a rule???

CenTexSports
03-12-2008, 09:33 AM
That is what we were told when we called a game at Baylor Stadium last fall. The change was made on Wednesday of the game week. They told us that Midway would not hold all of the CC fans and that by district rule, the home fans would have to vacate their seats to make room for the visitors. So they moved the game to a larger venue.

Adidas410s
03-12-2008, 09:38 AM
That is what we were told when we called a game at Baylor Stadium last fall. The change was made on Wednesday of the game week. They told us that Midway would not hold all of the CC fans and that by district rule, the home fans would have to vacate their seats to make room for the visitors. So they moved the game to a larger venue.
Wow that's ridiculous. That's up there with A&M having to sell the tickets they can't sell to UT and/or Tech when they've come down to visit in recent years. Obviously it's not the same...but nonetheless your hand is "forced" in giving up a home field advantage.

jason
03-12-2008, 09:39 AM
That is what we were told when we called a game at Baylor Stadium last fall. The change was made on Wednesday of the game week. They told us that Midway would not hold all of the CC fans and that by district rule, the home fans would have to vacate their seats to make room for the visitors. So they moved the game to a larger venue. if by CC you mean copperas cove, then i don't know what you are talking about - all their games were played on time and at the pre-scheduled venues...

SNYDER325TIGERS
03-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Now these morons on the school board need to get some put down in snyder...The bleachers are going to have to be replaced, especially on the vistor side, a little kid could easily fall.

CenTexSports
03-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Based on the game assignment for the CC verses Midway game, the game was originally scheduled for Midway's stadium. It was moved to Baylor Stadium the week of the game.

That is what the assignment given us showed on Monday of that week and I can promise you that we called the game at Baylor. And it was a heck of a game.

I even went back and looked at my last years game tracker on zebra-ware to make sure that it was CC vs Midway.

I_DONT_CARE
03-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Now these morons on the school board
:doh: AND HERE I THOUGHT YOU WERE STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL! :rolleyes:

STANG RED
03-12-2008, 09:57 AM
Now these morons on the school board need to get some put down in snyder...The bleachers are going to have to be replaced, especially on the vistor side, a little kid could easily fall.

Those morons you speak of are your elders son. Learn a little respect! And they dont have an endless supply of money to work with. They have budgets to they have to work within, and their first priority has to be the education of the students. And with cost rising and rising every day, there isnt always enough money to do everything that is truely needing to be done, much less any extras. Thats what the have bond elections for, and then it's up to the voters to say yea or nay.

SNYDER325TIGERS
03-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Those morons you speak of are your elders son. Learn a little respect! And they dont have an endless supply of money to work with. They have budgets to they have to work within, and their first priority has to be the education of the students. And with cost rising and rising every day, there isnt always enough money to do everything that is truely needing to be done, much less any extras. Thats what the have bond elections for, and then it's up to the voters to say yea or nay.

Yes I understand that, and turf really isn't a need but the stands are a saftey hazard, and that should be fixed before someone ends up getting hurt.

I_DONT_CARE
03-12-2008, 09:59 AM
:mad: :mad: I HATE HAVING TO AGREE WITH SOMEONE, BUT I AGREE! :tongue: :tongue:

SNYDER325TIGERS
03-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
:mad: :mad: I HATE HAVING TO AGREE WITH SOMEONE, BUT I AGREE! :tongue: :tongue:

Yea I kno he is right and I shouldn't be callin em' morons.

STANG RED
03-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Yes I understand that, and turf really isn't a need but the stands are a saftey hazard, and that should be fixed before someone ends up getting hurt.

A perfect opportuntiy for the community to come together and make some needed repairs. All it takes is for someone to organize it. Theres always more than one way to skin a cat. You just have to set your mind to it. Sounds like maybe a good project for one of the classes to take on and organize. Youd be surprise how rewarding it is, when all is said and done. OK now 325, go out there and make us proud!;)

DaHop72
03-12-2008, 10:08 AM
A perfect opportuntiy for the community to come together and make some needed repairs. All it takes is for someone to organize it. Theres always more than one way to skin a cat. You just have to set your mind to it. Sounds like maybe a good project for one of the classes to take on and organize. Youd be surprise how rewarding it is, when all is said and done. OK now 325, go out there and make us proud!;) A committee has been formed to look into renovations to several areas of the high school to possibly include repairs to the stadium and possble turf as well.

Texasfootball2
03-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Fine then. We'll just park our beaters and junkers over in yalls parking lot then. Sure gonna be a lot banged up car doors and fenders though.:eek: :p

To elaborate on the parking lot improvements. The plan is to take the sod from the field and sod the areas around the school that are bare ground because of all the construction that went on with the Gym. Then turn the grass area just ajacent(sp?) to the present parking into more student parking and athletic parking. Then they will pave the dirt parking by the Doghouse and the visitors parking also. Win the visitors parking gets full they will be rounted to the Doghouse parking lot which can be done very easily. So the east side of the Doghouse parking lot will be alloted for visitor overflow and the west side will be home overflow.

SNYDER325TIGERS
03-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
A committee has been formed to look into renovations to several areas of the high school to possibly include repairs to the stadium and possble turf as well.

I see, well that's good.

SNYDER325TIGERS
03-12-2008, 10:11 AM
A perfect opportuntiy for the community to come together and make some needed repairs. All it takes is for someone to organize it. Theres always more than one way to skin a cat. You just have to set your mind to it. Sounds like maybe a good project for one of the classes to take on and organize. Youd be surprise how rewarding it is, when all is said and done. OK now 325, go out there and make us proud!;)

For Sure RED!!!

nobogey72
03-12-2008, 10:13 AM

I noticed where you said there is "more than one way to skin a cat". I still say the best way is to step on their tails and pull up on their legs. At least that works best with squirrels.:D :D

SNYDER325TIGERS
03-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Well i'm on my way back to Snyder right now.

My grandma just called and said I have to plant sod and do crap to her yard...crap I guess I won't be going back to school today, I wont get home til' prollt 2:30 so I guess it won't matter.

STANG RED
03-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
To elaborate on the parking lot improvements. The plan is to take the sod from the field and sod the areas around the school that are bare ground because of all the construction that went on with the Gym. Then turn the grass area just ajacent(sp?) to the present parking into more student parking and athletic parking. Then they will pave the dirt parking by the Doghouse and the visitors parking also. Win the visitors parking gets full they will be rounted to the Doghouse parking lot which can be done very easily. So the east side of the Doghouse parking lot will be alloted for visitor overflow and the west side will be home overflow.

So your saying our beaters and junkers arent welcome in yalls precious home side parking lot huh? Highbrow Wylie elitists!:mad: :p

Seriously though, that sounds like a pretty good plan. I just wish there were more entrances into the visitors parking. That one in and one out gate sure makes for a bad bottleneck.

BwdLions
03-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Yea I kno he is right and I shouldn't be callin em' morons.

You're right, you shouldn't be calling anyone a moron. It lets all of us know your maturity level.

Adidas410s
03-12-2008, 10:20 AM
So that's the explanation for the restroom issue at the bowl :thinking:

STANG RED
03-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
So that's the explanation for the restroom issue at the bowl :thinking:

Now now, all thats being taken care of as we speak.:mad:
I think it would have been done some time ago, but from what I hear, there were some major issues with drainage that had to be addressed before moving forward, and that just took some time to figure out and get the funding together. But it should be all good soon.:p

Black_Magic
03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Now now, all thats being taken care of as we speak.:mad:

Thats Right . Here is the proof. Here are some photos of some of the facilities being put in.
http://www.plainsgeorgia.com/boyhoodfarm/outhouse.jpg http://www.louisiana101.com/5-2-03-out_house_3.jpg Top notch:p

injuredinmelee
03-12-2008, 10:39 AM

I have a very unpopular opinion on stadiums with limited seating. Let the band kids stand on the ground.

STANG RED
03-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Thats Right . Here is the proof. Here are some photos of some of the facilities being put in.
http://www.plainsgeorgia.com/boyhoodfarm/outhouse.jpg http://www.louisiana101.com/5-2-03-out_house_3.jpg Top notch:p

Well at least those are improvements to what we had!:mad:

Although I am going to miss the big trough in the floor. The sprinkles it left on my boots always made it easy to get a fresh new buffing off the back of my pant legs. Gotta always look for that silver lining.:D

Emerson1
03-12-2008, 05:08 PM
You usually don't see average programs getting big stadium upgrades.

Sweetwater Red
03-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

:clap: :D :clap:

SNYDER325TIGERS
03-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

That would be forney then...cause snyder is above average bro

Emerson1
03-12-2008, 10:19 PM
That would be forney then...cause snyder is above average bro
Son, do you not remember the rules I set for you a couple months ago? Until Snyder gets back to a .500 winning %, do not talk to me.