astrofan
03-11-2008, 10:33 PM
How did your team fair tonight?

buff4ever
03-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Wow this thread really has taken off?

tigerpride_08
03-12-2008, 07:27 AM
game got cancelled...play tonight at 8 against Stafford in Wharton...

piratebg
03-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Sinton 10
Fal 3

:)

3ABirdMan
03-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Jasper - 3
Bridge City - 4

K-MAC Chuck
03-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Bandera 6, LH 5..

Cody Lattimore went 2-for-3, 2 runs, 2B and 3B..
Ty Moore went 2-for-4, 3B, RBI..
Braden Fickel went 2-for-4, RBI...

LH defense made only 1 error..

44INAROW
03-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Cuero 7
La Grange 2

next - Medina County Classic

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Jasper - 3
Bridge City - 4

Do you have a write up or link to the box score of this game? WOW....

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Cuero 7
La Grange 2

next - Medina Valley Tourney

cool!

Do you by chance have a schedule for the Medina COUNTY Tourney (I was set straight the other day...LOL). It seems this isn't MEDINA VALLEY's tourney, but Hondo's. :confused: Are you going to any of the games?

watz4dinner
03-12-2008, 10:29 AM
CS beat #8 Cameron Yoe 5-2
Eskew 17 strikeouts

NastySlot
03-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
cool!

Do you by chance have a schedule for the Medina COUNTY Tourney (I was set straight the other day...LOL). It seems this isn't MEDINA VALLEY's tourney, but Hondo's. :confused: Are you going to any of the games?

I think in the past games have been played at three sites for this tournament...MV, Hondo and Lytle.

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I think in the past games have been played at three sites for this tournament...MV, Hondo and Lytle. Kinda like Mira's down here or Calallen's tourney. They use multipule fields. Do you know anything about this tournament? I know Snyder, Cuero, MV, Hondo, Bandera and I guess Lytle will be there....I really would like a schedule. :nerd:

44INAROW
03-12-2008, 10:49 AM
cool!

I'd love to go, but we have Gobbler Relays (Jr High Thurs and Varsity Saturday) I promised I'd help Mr44 so I better hang around here.

From the Cuero Record.....
Cuero will travel to Hondo for the Medina County Classic Thursday where they will face Hondo at 4:30 Thursday and Comfort on Friday at 9 a.m. Other teams in the tournament are Marion, D'Hanis, Snyder, Lytle, LaVernia, Bandera, Medina Valley, Devine and Ingram.

I'll post updates as I get them on Friday.......

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 10:52 AM
I'd love to go, but we have Gobbler Relays (Jr High Thurs and Varsity Saturday) I promised I'd help Mr44 so I better hang around here.

From the Cuero Record.....
Cuero will travel to Hondo for the Medina County Classic Thursday where they will face Hondo at 4:30 Thursday and Comfort on Friday at 9 a.m. Other teams in the tournament are Marion, D'Hanis, Snyder, Lytle, LaVernia, Bandera, Medina Valley, Devine and Ingram.

I'll post updates as I get them on Friday.......

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks!!! Depending on who makes it to Saturday, I may have to make a road trip. ;)

K-MAC Chuck
03-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Baseballers fall on the road at Bandera

By Chuck Licata
Independent Sports

The LHHS baseball team overcame a 4-1 deficit but watched as host Bandera scored two runs in the sixth inning, giving the Bulldogs a hard-earned 6-5 victory over the Panthers Tuesday night at the Bandera field.
The one LHHS error did help lead to the winning runs against Liberty Hill reliever Cade Moore, who came in for starter Cody Lattimore in the fourth inning. Moore took the loss, giving up two runs (one earned), three hits and three walks while striking out two.
Lattimore gave up four runs (three earned) and three walks in three innings, striking out one.
However, Lattimore made a big contribution with his bat, smacking a double and triple while scoring two runs. Ty Moore (2-for-4, triple, run scored, RBI) and Braden Fickel (2-for-4, RBI) also had a multiple-hit game for Mike Kristan’s crew. Jordan Johns (1-for-4, run scored, RBI) and Ryan Cox (1-for-3, run scored) helped account for Liberty Hill’s eight hits.
After Lattimore gave up a run in the first inning, he helped LHHS score in the top of the second as he ripped a double and moved to third on a sacrifice by Fickel. He came home on a passed ball, tying the game at 1-1.
The Bulldogs then roughed up Lattimore for three more runs in the bottom of the third, giving Bandera a 4-1 advantage.
Back came the Panthers, who chipped away at the lead by scoring one in the fourth. Lattimore ripped a one-out triple then scored on a single by Fickel, cutting the lead to 4-2.
Kristan’s group then took a short-lived lead as they tacked on a three-spot in the top of the fifth. Cox led the inning off by reaching base on an error; he promptly stole second then came home on a triple by Ty Moore. One out later, Johns singled Moore home, tying the game at 4-4.
Johns made his way around on a stolen base, passed ball and balk, giving the Panthers a 5-4 edge.
Liberty Hill continued to show off its speed, stealing bases at will. Included in that “thievery” category was Johns, Ty Roberts, Fickel, Cox and Clint Gavin.

44INAROW
03-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Rita - check your email.......:)

waterboy
03-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Gilmer 12
Rains 2

GSteer
03-12-2008, 11:26 AM
nm

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Rita - check your email.......:)
thank you, thank you, thank you :kiss: :kiss: :)

BwdLion_80
03-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Brownwood 16 Sweetwater 2

SintonFan_inAustin
03-12-2008, 12:06 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks!!! Depending on who makes it to Saturday, I may have to make a road trip. ;) same here, I just need to know where the games will take place on saturday

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
same here, I just need to know where the games will take place on saturday they are all at Hondo - check the 3abaseball.com board for details

NastySlot
03-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Kinda like Mira's down here or Calallen's tourney. They use multipule fields. Do you know anything about this tournament? I know Snyder, Cuero, MV, Hondo, Bandera and I guess Lytle will be there....I really would like a schedule. :nerd:

I think Comfort will be in it also...read the Boerne paper on line this morning and mentioned Comfort in a pool I with Hondo and Cuero...I've been trying to find a schedule also.

hookandladder
03-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Cuero 7
La Grange 2

next - Medina County Classic

2 to 2 ball game til the top of the 7th, our soph. pitcher pitched a great game as did Cuero's pitcher. I wish our coach would have brought in a relief pitcher after our starter walked the first batter in the 7th, I'm sure he was getting close to a 100 pitches by then but he left him in and pitched another 20 or more pitches. I feel that is to many pitches to throw this early in the year also our coach loves to call breaking pitches, I think Cuero will agree on that issue. I would say it would be a 1 to 1 ratio. Cuero definitely has a team to make a long run in the playoffs, they have some really good looking kids and swing the bat well. If they have some depth at pitcher, should make a good run. Good Luck the rest of the year.

3ABirdMan
03-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Do you have a write up or link to the box score of this game? WOW....

This is the best I could do for you . . . . .

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1138292619/bclid1138334401/bctid1453986946

http://www.orangeleader.com/hssports/local_story_071232513.html?keyword=topstory

I did NOT review either of these FYI .

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
This is the best I could do for you . . . . .

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1138292619/bclid1138334401/bctid1453986946

http://www.orangeleader.com/hssports/local_story_071232513.html?keyword=topstory

I did NOT review either of these FYI .

Thanks...good game...congrats to BC

trojan37
03-12-2008, 05:14 PM
West 8 La Vega 2 final

CueroDad08
03-12-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
2 to 2 ball game til the top of the 7th, our soph. pitcher pitched a great game as did Cuero's pitcher. I wish our coach would have brought in a relief pitcher after our starter walked the first batter in the 7th, I'm sure he was getting close to a 100 pitches by then but he left him in and pitched another 20 or more pitches. I feel that is to many pitches to throw this early in the year also our coach loves to call breaking pitches, I think Cuero will agree on that issue. I would say it would be a 1 to 1 ratio. Cuero definitely has a team to make a long run in the playoffs, they have some really good looking kids and swing the bat well. If they have some depth at pitcher, should make a good run. Good Luck the rest of the year. LG may have pitched a soph. Cuero pitched I think there 5th or 6th to save arms for this weekend.

buff4life
03-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
LG may have pitched a soph. Cuero pitched I think there 5th or 6th to save arms for this weekend.

Both of you quit trying to make yall selves look better...especially you give credit where credit is due and win humbly

87 TIGER
03-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Rockdale over Caldwell
it was 8-1 when I left don't know the final