PDA

View Full Version : opening my new store soon..........

nobogey72
03-11-2008, 04:12 PM
About 2 or 3 years ago I started noticing a lot of what I'd call combination businesses---- Subway inside a convenience store, banks inside grocery stores, etc. I have spent a couple of years doing some research and it is all coming to fruition hopefully in early April. Abilene only has 1 place that you can buy minnows and it is way over on the north side of town. I saw the opportunity to put a bait shop on the south-side. I know that others in this area are probably kicking themselves, thinking "Why didn't I think of that?" Not only minnows but all kind of bait..... blood bait, liver, cut bait, and my own stink bait. Plus, all your hooks, corks, lead shot, trot line swivels, etc. That part was easy. Coming up with the other part of the "combination business" was what took a while. I finally decided to put a recently licensed Proctologist inside the bait and tackle shop. We (my wife and VP) decided to name it
HOOK, LINE, & SPHINCTER.
We will be on 83-84 S just off the access road. Come see us.:thumbsup:

pirate4state
03-11-2008, 04:17 PM
wth....i just don't get you old folks sometimes! :D

you are as the kids say these days "so random"

injuredinmelee
03-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
About 2 or 3 years ago I started noticing a lot of what I'd call combination businesses---- Subway inside a convenience store, banks inside grocery stores, etc. I have spent a couple of years doing some research and it is all coming to fruition hopefully in early April. Abilene only has 1 place that you can buy minnows and it is way over on the north side of town. I saw the opportunity to put a bait shop on the south-side. I know that others in this area are probably kicking themselves, thinking "Why didn't I think of that?" Not only minnows but all kind of bait..... blood bait, liver, cut bait, and my own stink bait. Plus, all your hooks, corks, lead shot, trot line swivels, etc. That part was easy. Coming up with the other part of the "combination business" was what took a while. I finally decided to put a recently licensed Proctologist inside the bait and tackle shop. We (my wife and VP) decided to name it
HOOK, LINE, & SPHINCTER.
We will be on 83-84 S just off the access road. Come see us.:thumbsup:

id like to internship and maybe one day work my way up to Master Baiter.

Sweetwater Red
03-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

You must be in IHS' fantasy BB league too....The Master Batters.:thinking: :D

Lion_Addict
03-11-2008, 04:33 PM

:clap: :clap: :D

STANG RED
03-11-2008, 04:33 PM

Too late injured. I've been in training for that position for many years now. I'm sure I could beat you out of it.:devil:

crzyjournalist03
03-11-2008, 04:34 PM
I was wondering where your own stink bait was coming from...guess the proctologist will be donating some free samples...

Lion_Addict
03-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Too late injured. I've been in training for that position for many years now. I'm sure I could beat you out of it.:devil:

Did I mention that I failed at my followup appointment after my vasectomy. Won't go into details but.........:D

lakers
03-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Well its about time they get another bait shop in Abilene...

Tired of putting up with the monopoly of the other place...;)

nobogey72
03-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I was wondering where your own stink bait was coming from...guess the proctologist will be donating some free samples...

NOW you are thinking like a real businessman. I'd already thought of that. Also, my Proctologist (unless he gets a better offer tween now and then) works part time in the meat market at Piggly Wiggly and has FREE access to all the fat trimmings he can carry. (vital to good stink bait) Also, the proctologist's sister is a Liposuction Asst. and we have a bid in to buy some of that fat. Human fat is like liquid gold in our business. A channel cat will swim upstream for a mile to get it.

Antec
03-11-2008, 05:42 PM
I want to put together my own CD label and recording studio for Texas music and polkas one day

nobogey72
03-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Antec
I want to put together my own CD label and recording studio for Texas music and polkas one day

What in the H does this have to do with stink bait? Have you lost your friggin mind? I suggest you stay on topic or someone could possibly get they arse whooped. :D :D SOME PEOPLE:rolleyes:

charlesrixey
03-12-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Did I mention that I failed at my followup appointment after my vasectomy. Won't go into details but.........:D

:eek: :eek:

mine is next week!

crzyjournalist03
03-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Human fat is like liquid gold in our business. A channel cat will swim upstream for a mile to get it.

Ever thought about just renting out your wife to fishermen then? I can only imagine the number of fish that would swarm to that!

Stinky and fat!!!

Genious!

CenTexSports
03-12-2008, 09:14 AM
That only works in lakes with a high catfish population. On those good bass lakes all it does is ruin the fishing for up to a weak depending on how fat and stinky she is.

SNYDER325TIGERS
03-12-2008, 09:15 AM

HAHA..........:thinking: :thinking:

nobogey72
03-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Ever thought about just renting out your wife to fishermen then? I can only imagine the number of fish that would swarm to that!

Stinky and fat!!!

Genious!

That's a gpod suggestion, but she can't swim. We tried putting her in a big tube one time, but the gars kept jacking with her.:doh: :doh: