setxsports
03-12-2008, 09:37 AM
:D

I_DONT_CARE
03-12-2008, 09:40 AM
LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF GREAT COMPETITION. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
03-12-2008, 09:47 AM
I heard that Celina keeps some schools from playing in their SQT so that they can assure of qualifying for state on their first try! ;)

setxsports
03-12-2008, 10:56 AM
:D

gatordaze
03-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I heard that Celina keeps some schools from playing in their SQT so that they can assure of qualifying for state on their first try! ;)

As a 2X 7 on 7 State Champion why would that be necessary?

Bobcat_Mom
03-19-2008, 09:23 AM

That's really strange cuz Celina seems to have a hard time finding people to play them....and it's not because they keep them from playing....and geeeee Celina plays 4A & 5A schools ... I wonder y that is???!!!

44INAROW
03-19-2008, 02:06 PM

Originally posted by Bobcat_Mom
That's really strange cuz Celina seems to have a hard time finding people to play them....and it's not because they keep them from playing....and geeeee Celina plays 4A & 5A schools ... I wonder y that is???!!!

I love S A R C A S M...................:D :D :D

Old Tiger
03-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
As a 2X 7 on 7 State Champion why would that be necessary? Cause youre a home school and regardless of past success you try to make your own tournament as easy as you can for your school to assure that spot in the state tourney. ;)

BleedOrange
03-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Cause youre a home school and regardless of past success you try to make your own tournament as easy as you can for your school to assure that spot in the state tourney. ;)

Very flawed logic. Maybe people do not want to play in the Celina tournament because of historical results.

Old Tiger
03-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Very flawed logic. Maybe people do not want to play in the Celina tournament because of historical results. That's just your homer bias and ignorance, it's 7on7. Also it's not a flawed logic....it is the truth. Look at all the pools of the hosting team through out this years SQT's.

BleedOrange
03-19-2008, 02:53 PM
That's just your homer bias and ignorance, it's 7on7. Also it's not a flawed logic....it is the truth. Look at all the pools of the hosting team through out this years SQT's.

You make absolutely no sense. If you register for the tournaments you can play if space is available. Are you implying that Celina is rejecting teams from participating in their tournament? I would say that you are the one who is completely blinded by ignorance.

Old Tiger
03-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
You make absolutely no sense. If you register for the tournaments you can play if space is available. Are you implying that Celina is rejecting teams from participating in their tournament? I would say that you are the one who is completely blinded by ignorance. I'm talking about pool selection. Being where Celina is there is not much of a selection of schools to put in the tournament due to being 3a and under tournaments now.

Bobcat_Mom
03-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Cause youre a home school and regardless of past success you try to make your own tournament as easy as you can for your school to assure that spot in the state tourney. ;)

Some cards are just dealt to you, some are created....one thing that C Coaches create is definitely not 'as easy as you can for your school to assure that spot in the state tourney.' Anytime possible, they challenge their own kids as much as possible.

BleedOrange
03-19-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm talking about pool selection. Being where Celina is there is not much of a selection of schools to put in the tournament due to being 3a and under tournaments now.

Now I got it. Celina hosts so they don't have to play anyone. Makes perfect sense. I am certain that was their motivation. You must really dislike orange trying to make that argument.

Old Tiger
03-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Bobcat_Mom
Some cards are just dealt to you, some are created....one thing that C Coaches create is definitely not 'as easy as you can for your school to assure that spot in the state tourney.' Anytime possible, they challenge their own kids as much as possible. Uh huh....remind me who's the highest rated regular season opponent Celina has faced recently?

BleedOrange
03-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Uh huh....remind me who's the highest rated regular season opponent Celina has faced recently?

I thought we were talking about 7 on 7. But if I must, lets just list team rated (Massey) higher than Rockdale in 2007. Those regular season opponents would include: Wakeland, Robinson, Argyle Liberty, and Prosper.

setxsports
03-19-2008, 04:24 PM
http://www.texas7on7.com/

Go to Messageboard and the pool teams are listed, Still a little early but as Schools get back from Spring Break the pools will be finished up.

Matthew328
03-19-2008, 05:01 PM
It's a little early to predict winners for any SQT...you have to remember pools are determined normally just a week out because teams who may qualify early will drop out...or you don't want a pool with 3 qualifiers in it..

Celina's SQT is a late one, I'd imagine pools won't be finalized until the week of the SQT

kepdawg
03-19-2008, 05:05 PM
So just what goes on at these 7 on 7 SQTs anyway? :thinking:

setxsports
03-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
It's a little early to predict winners for any SQT...you have to remember pools are determined normally just a week out because teams who may qualify early will drop out...or you don't want a pool with 3 qualifiers in it..

Celina's SQT is a late one, I'd imagine pools won't be finalized until the week of the SQT True, some teams will continue to play and some won't once they qualify for State. Most of the SQT's should have their complete lists of teams in thew Tourney soon.

Fletch
03-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
So just what goes on at these 7 on 7 SQTs anyway? :thinking:
Celina played in the Paris SQT 2 years ago and somehow ended up in the bracket with Gilmer, Tyler John Tyler, and Marlin. Gilmer had GJ Kinne and all of the DIV 1 studs, and Houston Tuminello was a "guest player". :D That was the year Gilmer was a lock to win state.

To top it off, they got out of the cars and played Gilmer and TJT back-to-back, with no rest in between. HMMMMMM.

Celina destroyed Gilmer, 50something to 20 something, but ran out of gas and barely lost to TJT, who had sat on the sidelines watching the first game.

That was the only tournament Celina has played in where they had to play 2 games in a row. Go figure.

THAT's the kind of stuff that happens at SQT's

:thinking:

Matthew328
03-19-2008, 06:21 PM
When a school hosts SQTs they get to make the rules....they go through the trouble of organizing it, volunteering time to work it etc....

As for two years ago at Paris, I don't think Celina was the only team who had to play back to back games....Paris didnt have enough space to have 4 seperate fields if memory serves me correct

setxsports
03-21-2008, 11:39 PM
:D What's funny at the SQT's i've been to in this region is hearing rhe visiting coaches complain when they arrive and see the schedule..."Home Cookin"

Emerson1
03-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Where did all these celina people come from?

bobcat1
03-22-2008, 04:48 AM
Uh huh....remind me who's the highest rated regular season opponent Celina has faced recently? Remind me of ANY big win for Rocdale in the last say 10 or so years. :rolleyes:

CelinaCatFan
03-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Who cares how you get to the state tourney? It's how you perform once you get there.

Since we've won two 7-on-7 titles (before and after they split the schools into classifications), I'd say we've held our own in 7-on-7 competition.

Matthew328
03-23-2008, 05:47 PM
I would say you are very correct