PDA

View Full Version : mary ann busted for....................wait for it......................mary jane....

jason
03-11-2008, 03:26 PM
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/466/picture1to4.jpg

Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island busted for pot in Idaho

02:21 PM MDT on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Actress and Idaho resident Dawn Wells plead guilty to posession of marijuana after being arrested in October.

Perhaps they should have called her Mary Jane.

A surprise birthday party for Dawn Wells, the actress who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," ended with a nearly three-hour tour of the Teton County Sheriff's Office and jail when the 69-year-old was caught with marijuana in her vehicle while driving home.

Wells is now serving six months' unsupervised probation for the crime. She was sentenced Feb. 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.

The guilty plea came as part of an agreement with prosecutors in which three misdemeanor counts -- driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance -- were dropped.

The case began the night of Oct. 18, when Teton County Sheriff's Deputy Joseph Gutierrez arrested Wells as she was driving home from a surprise birthday party. She posted $4,000 bond and was arraigned on the charges the following day, pleading not guilty. A trial on the matter was scheduled for March 13, but was canceled because of the plea agreement.

According to the sheriff's office report, Gutierrez pulled Wells over after noticing her swerve across the fog lines and center lines of State Highway 33 and repeatedly speed up and slow down.

"I exited my patrol vehicle and immediately was able to smell a strong odor of burning marijuana," Gutierrez wrote in his report. "As I approached the vehicle I noticed all four window (sic) of the vehicle were lowered and the female driver was not wearing a jacket."

When Gutierrez asked why he could smell marijuana, Wells reportedly told him that she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something. When Gutierrez searched the car, he found three half-smoked joints in the ashtray and console, according to the report. A second search after Wells' arrest netted a fourth half-smoked joint and two small cases used to store marijuana, Gutierrez said.

After Wells failed a field sobriety test, she was handcuffed and taken to the sheriff's office.

Wells' attorney, Ron Swafford, of Idaho Falls, told the Post Register that a friend of Wells' voluntarily testified that he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle after having used the vehicle that day, and that Wells was unaware of it.

Swafford said several witnesses were prepared to testify that Wells had very little to drink at the party and was not intoxicated when she left. He said she was swerving on the road because she was trying to find the heater controls in her new car.

Wells is the founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute in Driggs and the organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest.

LINK (http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-mar1108-mary_ann.44494e42.html)

Maroon87
03-11-2008, 03:27 PM
The Professor must've helped her figure out how to grow some on the island.

pirate4state
03-11-2008, 03:28 PM
LOL @ her mug shot!

BobcatBenny
03-11-2008, 03:31 PM
69 dude!

AP Panther Fan
03-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL @ her mug shot!

Right?!?!

She looks like a fairly happy camper there!:D

hutex04
03-11-2008, 03:52 PM
poor mary jane... i mean mary ann

Phil C
03-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Another victim of society. :(

Phil C
03-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
poor mary jane... i mean mary ann

:D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull's-eye
03-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Mary Ann was like the girl next door, I wonder what kind of trouble Ginger has gotten into?

BobcatBenny
03-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Mary Ann was like the girl next door, I wonder what kind of trouble Ginger has gotten into?
She changed her name to Barbara and now has this dance act.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKRZv6NGjdc

Oh yeah, she has this thing for younger guys. :D :eek: :D :eek: :devil:

STANG RED
03-11-2008, 10:11 PM
LOL fined $410.50. :confused: seems kindof random dont it?

orange machine
03-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Gosh i remember when she was good lookin!!:eek:

shankbear
03-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Probably hitting that stem a bit. Wonder if those teeth are in that mouth? The Skipper hit that I heard.

orange machine
03-11-2008, 10:21 PM
How old is she now days?

orange machine
03-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
How old is she now days?

Never mind i read it.

KingRob
03-12-2008, 05:03 AM
To think this all started with a three hour tour! Pretty cool that she sponsors the bud fest, I mean spud fest! :smoker:

Bull's-eye
03-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Give her a break, she did make the best coconut pies! :D

Texasfootball2
03-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Okay! One of you Computer Geeks find a picture of the "real" Mary Ann that we slobbered over growing up, that is unless you chose Ginger.

44INAROW
03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Seems I remember a few years back when the late Bob Denver (aka Gilligan) got busted for weed, Mary Ann bailed him out of jail :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Okay! One of you Computer Geeks find a picture of the "real" Mary Ann that we slobbered over growing up, that is unless you chose Ginger.

Here is both of them:

http://img35.picoodle.com/img/img35/9/8/16/f_gmmm_757a7ed.png

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Seems I remember a few years back when the late Bob Denver (aka Gilligan) got busted for weed, Mary Ann bailed him out of jail :smoker: :smoker: :smoker:

Isn't he dead now??

I wonder how many of the original crew are still alive??

Texasfootball2
03-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Here is both of them:

I was just looking at a website that has multiple photos of both of them during and later on. I will have to say that I have always answered the Question "Ginger or Mary Ann"? with Mary Ann, but after looking at photos I change my mind to "Ginger" especially later on.

Black_Magic
03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Isn't he dead now??

I wonder how many of the original crew are still alive?? I loved that movie. But now it just does not make sence. Why the Mr and Mrs Howel had so many cloths. It was a 3 hour tour... lots of others too.

eppy 12
03-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Isn't he dead now??

I wonder how many of the original crew are still alive?? http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/gil.jpg

bob denver died in 2005.

eppy 12
03-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I was just looking at a website that has multiple photos of both of them during and later on. I will have to say that I have always answered the Question "Ginger or Mary Ann"? with Mary Ann, but after looking at photos I change my mind to "Ginger" especially later on. mary ann hands down.;)

I_DONT_CARE
03-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Here is both of them:

LOOKING AT GINGER EXPLAINS WHERE MY WIFE GOT THE IDEA FOR HER CURRENT HAIRDO. :speech: :helpme:

Johnny 5
03-12-2008, 12:12 PM
mmmmm

Mary Ann when she was young.

Any recent pics of Ginger . . . to compare?

Texasfootball2
03-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
mmmmm

Mary Ann when she was young.

Any recent pics of Ginger . . . to compare?

Google - Gilligans Island Pictures. One of the first ones has some awesome photos of both Ginger and Mary Ann. Ginger aged much better than Mary Ann.

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I got to meet Dawn Wells when she was recruiting people for her acting camp, she was a cool person, but did not know she was THIS cool..if I had known she had weed I would have went to her camp HAHA

nobogey72
03-12-2008, 12:28 PM
I was just looking at a website that has multiple photos of both of them during and later on. I will have to say that I have always answered the Question "Ginger or Mary Ann"? with Mary Ann, but after looking at photos I change my mind to "Ginger" especially later on.

It's funny that most of us were trying to decide between Ginger and Mary Ann (for me personally it was I Dream of Genie over both of them) but anyway, from what I've read about Black & Gold, Magic, and one other Snyder poster, they were trying to decide between the Professor & the Captain. And when I say funny I don't mean funny ha ha.

:D :D :doh:

Texasfootball2
03-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
It's funny that most of us were trying to decide between Ginger and Mary Ann (for me personally it was I Dream of Genie over both of them) but anyway, from what I've read about Black & Gold, Magic, and one other Snyder poster, they were trying to decide between the Professor & the Captain. And when I say funny I don't mean funny ha ha.

:D :D :doh:

I dream of Genie:thinking: Ya! Barbara Eden:kiss: :crazy1: :smoker: I would love to have been stuck in that bottle with her. HHHOOOCCCHHHIIIEEE MMAAMMAA!

nobogey72
03-12-2008, 12:46 PM
I dream of Genie:thinking: Ya! Barbara Eden:kiss: :crazy1: :smoker: I would love to have been stuck in that bottle with her. HHHOOOCCCHHHIIIEEE MMAAMMAA!

Yeah, but now that I think about it, remember "Big Valley"? How about Audra (Linda Evans)? She had to be oh so lonesome out there on that big ol ranch. Well, anyway......oh, yeah and remember the way she got down off her horse? :doh: :eek: :eek:

Texasfootball2
03-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Yeah, but now that I think about it, remember "Big Valley"? How about Audra (Linda Evans)? She had to be oh so lonesome out there on that big ol ranch. Well, anyway......oh, yeah and remember the way she got down off her horse? :doh: :eek: :eek:

For you Seinfeld fans heres one from the Master of my domain episode. I feel like Kramer.........

"IM OUT"

44INAROW
03-12-2008, 01:22 PM
For you Seinfeld fans heres one from the Master of my domain episode. I feel like Kramer.........

"IM OUT"

:clap: :D :D now that was a classic episode!!