PDA

View Full Version : Frivilous Lawsuit of the Day?

BobcatBenny
03-11-2008, 02:56 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336793,00.html

I approve of gun ownership and all, but this is rediculous.

STANG RED
03-11-2008, 03:15 PM
I have no problem with the shirt at all. However schools do have the right to limit what students can wear to school, and I can see how this shirt could be a destraction and could cause problems.
I have to say, I do have mixed feelings about this though. I do think it is poor judgement on the parents part to alow the kid to wear the shirt to school in the first place.

BobcatBenny
03-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Parents are supposed to pay attention to what their kids wear to school?

AP Panther Fan
03-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I hope the school district kicks their butt in court.

I personally think they are idiots. Thank God they live in Pennsylvania.

sotex
03-11-2008, 09:02 PM
I see nothing wrong with a kid wearing that shirt to school. If we keep letting these liberal namby pambys erode all of our freedoms soon America will no longer be the land of the free and home of the brave.

sotex
03-11-2008, 09:11 PM
The shirt might even deter a school shooting. Schools today with their " gun free" zones are prime targets for shootings.
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

sinton66
03-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I figure the school loses this one. No way they can pass this off as a "threat to safety or security".

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I figure the school loses this one. No way they can pass this off as a "threat to safety or security".
I would think it would depend on whether or not it's covered in the school dress code.

sinton66
03-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I would think it would depend on whether or not it's covered in the school dress code.

If the link is correct in it's reporting, the school is taking the approach as it is a safety issue:

The school district is defending its decision, saying it needs to keep students safe during a time of school shootings.

Kevin French, an attorney for Penn Manor, said the school district must create a safe environment, and Miller's T-shirt violated school policy.

"Students who come to school enjoy limited First Amendment rights," French told the Sunday News. "But the school district has the right to enforce policies that protect students."

If it's covered in the dress code, why would they take this approach? This might be seen as an over-reaction on the part of the school.

STANG RED
03-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
If the link is correct in it's reporting, the school is taking the approach as it is a safety issue:

And that may be what hurrts their case in the end. You would think surely the school has some verbage in their dress code about inappropriate attire. If they just went at it like that, they may have firmer grounds to stand on. I think the safety issue angle is joke.

sinton66
03-11-2008, 10:22 PM
The only legitimate claim to the "safety issue" I can think of would be if this school has a sizable Muslim population. In that case, I might could see their point. The shirt could be seen as being "inciteful" in that situation.

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Of course, they are from Pennsylvania. ;)

The only handbook on the school website is for Marching Band. :doh: (I'm sure marlin fan will be ALL over that. :D )

coach
03-11-2008, 10:52 PM
get over it kid its just two days of weak arse detention

piratebg
03-12-2008, 07:50 AM
I'd wear that shirt to school. :D

rockdale80
03-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by sotex
I see nothing wrong with a kid wearing that shirt to school. If we keep letting these liberal namby pambys erode all of our freedoms soon America will no longer be the land of the free and home of the brave.

Ironically it is the conservative counterparts that have done more in the last 7 years to erode civil liberties than any democrat could have dreamed of doing in the 50 prior. Your statement is not only grossly inaccurate, but also indicative of your ignorance in this matter. That was a very nice jab at democrats though. Congrats:clap: :rolleyes:

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by sotex
I see nothing wrong with a kid wearing that shirt to school. If we keep letting these liberal namby pambys erode all of our freedoms soon America will no longer be the land of the free and home of the brave. :doh: :doh:

pirate4state
03-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Ironically it is the conservative counterparts that have done more in the last 7 years to erode civil liberties than any democrat could have dreamed of doing in the 50 prior. Your statement is not only grossly inaccurate, but also indicative of your ignorance in this matter. That was a very nice jab at democrats though. Congrats:clap: :rolleyes: 2 wrongs don't make a right! :D

rockdale80
03-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
2 wrongs don't make a right! :D

What? Since when? :)

jason
03-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
2 wrongs don't make a right! :D you know why chinese people can't have white children???

cause 2 wongs cant make a white.....

:D :D

yeah i know, its cheezy.....

rockdale80
03-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by jason
you know why chinese people can't have white children???

cause 2 wongs cant make a white.....

:D :D

yeah i know, its cheezy.....

nice...