PDA

View Full Version : USER Names...what if....

poncho
11-29-2003, 12:44 PM
What if everybody used their real names and a picture of themselves. Would there be less trash talking??? :cool: :p

cajun1
11-29-2003, 12:48 PM
You know there would not be any trash talk.

PAINTBALL
11-29-2003, 01:08 PM
I have really enjoyed my cyber-space personality these past few months. In real life, I have always had to be so politically correct, but in cyber-space I could be a smart a**. Now that Marvin has told everyone who paintball's writer is in real life paintball cannot continue. He has gotten extremely ill and it looks like he only has two weeks to live. Don't worry though, in the future he will probably return. Maybe from another town even, but for sure under another name. It has been fun.

A word of warning to some of you nice people. Cyber-space is dangerous. Every week you read about people who are fooled by posters in chat rooms and agree to meet them in private, where something bad happens. Some people are not what they appear to be in chat rooms. Be carefull Liberty HillMom, Rangermom amd some of you other nice ladies, It could be very dangerous.

Chris Hart
11-29-2003, 01:09 PM
I used my real name as my username by accident(too late to change it now), and I still get the trash talk. Maybe I should have put my picture, my wife says that would scare anybody. :D

poncho
11-29-2003, 01:30 PM
Hey Chris using your name thats cool. Poncho thats what I'm known by around town. :cool:

poncho
11-29-2003, 01:34 PM
PAINTBALL:
I have really enjoyed my cyber-space personality these past few months. In real life, I have always had to be so politically correct, but in cyber-space I could be a smart a**. Now that Marvin has told everyone who paintball's writer is in real life paintball cannot continue. He has gotten extremely ill and it looks like he only has two weeks to live. Don't worry though, in the future he will probably return. Maybe from another town even, but for sure under another name. It has been fun.

A word of warning to some of you nice people. Cyber-space is dangerous. Every week you read about people who are fooled by posters in chat rooms and agree to meet them in private, where something bad happens. Some people are not what they appear to be in chat rooms. Be carefull Liberty HillMom, Rangermom amd some of you other nice ladies, It could be very dangerous.lol :cool: :D :D :D :D

BigChamp05
11-29-2003, 01:40 PM
My name is Cody. Here is my pic. Not so intimidating considering i am getting knocked for a loop.

PAINTBALL
11-29-2003, 02:14 PM
Kids don't follow suit by posting your real name and picture. That could be dangerous also, There are a lot of sick people in this world.

olddawggreen
11-29-2003, 04:31 PM
Good luck in your next life Paint Ball, maybe you can be from Llano or somewhere. wink wink wink wink

Keith7
11-29-2003, 04:36 PM
I used my first name in my username

olddawggreen
11-29-2003, 05:31 PM
I dont really try to hide who I am, I know a lot of people here in Burnet know. I just try to conduct myself on this site as I do in real life. And I guess Im not too contraversal (sp) in real life. I also support my team and defend them, but I never say something like, "we cant be beaten" or other coments that would require a serving of crow. I never take any one for granted. I try to always rember that this site is really about kids. It is easy to get carried away some times though.

poncho
11-29-2003, 06:02 PM
olddawggreen:
I dont really try to hide who I am, I know a lot of people here in Burnet know. I just try to conduct myself on this site as I do in real life. And I guess Im not too contraversal (sp) in real life. I also support my team and defend them, but I never say something like, "we cant be beaten" or other coments that would require a serving of crow. I never take any one for granted. I try to always rember that this site is really about kids. It is easy to get carried away some times though.I have to agree strongly. As in life if I wouldn't say it to someone in person I'm not going to say it. That' no to say I'm not going to kid around thou. :cool: :D :D :D

lv2937
11-29-2003, 07:07 PM
PAINTBALL:

A word of warning to some of you nice people. Cyber-space is dangerous. Every week you read about people who are fooled by posters in chat rooms and agree to meet them in private, where something bad happens. Some people are not what they appear to be in chat rooms. Be carefull Liberty HillMom, Rangermom amd some of you other nice ladies, It could be very dangerous.hey Paintball, maybe you can come back as Sinton 66 or someother Sinton fan. Keep posting buddy. Are you ready to go to Texas Stadium next week?

lv2937
11-29-2003, 07:08 PM
PAINTBALL:

A word of warning to some of you nice people. Cyber-space is dangerous. Every week you read about people who are fooled by posters in chat rooms and agree to meet them in private, where something bad happens. Some people are not what they appear to be in chat rooms. Be carefull Liberty HillMom, Rangermom amd some of you other nice ladies, It could be very dangerous.hey Paintball, maybe you can come back as Sinton 66 or someother Sinton fan. Keep posting buddy. Are you ready to go to Texas Stadium next week?

jason
11-29-2003, 07:12 PM
whew...im glad nobody knows my real name or what i look like... :D :D :D

PAINTBALL
11-29-2003, 07:16 PM
I can't decide whether I want to be a Cuero fan so I can be friends with Gobbla, a Forney fan so I can be friends with Jason, or a Sinton fan so I can be friends with Sinton66, or continue to be a Burnet fan so everyone can hate me and bash me. Paintball still has 2 weeks to live, however, so who knows.

Have you heard something I haven't? Is it for sure Texas Stadium?

spaniard
11-29-2003, 07:24 PM
PAINTBALL:
or continue to be a Burnet fan so everyone can hate me and bash me. Paintball still has 2 weeks to live, however, so who knows.

itll be sad to see paintball go, but itll be okay, two weeks can be a long time, spaniard will still be around, he wont die. :D

weatherag07
11-29-2003, 07:32 PM
We'll miss you Paintball! But keep posting---you add a ton of character to this board! :D

Ranger Mom
11-29-2003, 07:44 PM
PAINTBALL:
Be carefull Liberty HillMom, Rangermom amd some of you other nice ladies, It could be very dangerous.Thanks for the concern Paintball!! The posters I have met on here so far, I have met at the games within the confines of the stadium.

PAINTBALL
11-29-2003, 07:52 PM
jason:
whew...im glad nobody knows my real name or what i look like... :D :D :D Jason, for some wierd reason I have always liked you. How do we know,however, that your web site is really you. This may really be a picture of you.
http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Jobs_and_People/Criminals/Flasher.gif

easttexan1
11-29-2003, 07:54 PM
Most people express their opinions openly to friends and family, and many people are somewhat reluctant to express the same opinions in public. Just human nature, I guess. I consider the internet to be somewhat like CB radios. I have seen people say things on a radio that they would never have openly said. All this internet stuff is a fantasy world of sorts where a person can do or say anything. Maybe it lets the real personalities show.

PAINTBALL
11-29-2003, 08:01 PM
easttexan1:
Most people express their opinions openly to friends and family, and many people are somewhat reluctant to express the same opinions in public. Just human nature, I guess. I consider the internet to be somewhat like CB radios. I have seen people say things on a radio that they would never have openly said. All this internet stuff is a fantasy world of sorts where a person can do or say anything. Maybe it lets the real personalities show.That happens, but cyber-space also lets dangerous people hide their true personalities. That's when it gets dangerous.

Hot Rod
11-29-2003, 08:14 PM
WHO I AM HERE IS THE SAME AS I AM IN PERSON MY FRIENDS SOME TIME SAY THEY TAKE ME WITH A GRAIN OF SALT BUT IM AS GOOD AS GOLD WHEN IM NEEDED YOU CAN CK THE LOCAL AUTOPART STORES AND FIND ME SO JUST BE WHO YOU ARE AND BE CAREFULL OF ALL YOU DONT KNOW

LH Panther Mom
11-29-2003, 09:47 PM
PAINTBALL:

A word of warning to some of you nice people. Cyber-space is dangerous. Every week you read about people who are fooled by posters in chat rooms and agree to meet them in private, where something bad happens. Some people are not what they appear to be in chat rooms. Be carefull Liberty HillMom, Rangermom amd some of you other nice ladies, It could be very dangerous.Thanks, Paintball, for the words of wisdom. I would not consider meeting someone from cyber-space outside the football stadium, unless hubby was with me.

Sorry to hear of your impending death.

fred grunden
11-29-2003, 09:49 PM
I used my real name as my username by accident(too late to change it now), and I still get the trash talk. Maybe I should have put my picture, my wife says that would scare anybody. Chris Hart, I did the same thing. But I never intended to post anything, so I thought it wouldn't matter. Someone told me to get on this sight to find out who won 3A games, and that's all I ever intended to do. Then, my wife started posting stuff! :rolleyes: She even posted the play
by play of the Jasper/Manor game. (But I gave her
some stats) She should get her own name. Any suggestions? Hint: She's a long time Jasper fan
who's son played for Jasper in '83 and '84.

espn1
11-29-2003, 11:56 PM
PAINTBALL:

jason:
whew...im glad nobody knows my real name or what i look like... :D :D :D Jason, for some wierd reason I have always liked you. How do we know,however, that your web site is really you. This may really be a picture of you.
http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Jobs_and_People/Criminals/Flasher.gifThat's definetly Jason's picture. He's a good guy.

LogieJoeBean001
11-30-2003, 08:04 AM
This is a good topic. My username is a combination of two of my horses' names. It is misleading because most think I'm a man, but I'm really a woman. It is good to see the warnings going out to our young people. There are so many evil, deceptive people in the world who use the Internet for nothing else than to pray on the innocent. The person I am on-line is pretty much the person I am in real life. My Mom always told me that if I couldn't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. I still try and live by those words. I speak my opinions, though, as I do in real life. If I step on anybody's toes, then so be it. It's just my opinions and nothing personal and is not to be taken any other way. That's just me!

District303aPastPlayer
11-30-2003, 09:15 AM
if i used my real name and a photo of myself, id have to turn my PMs off permanently. The number of "oh my, THATS you?" messages i would get would greatly lower my self esteem, so id rather not risk it :D :D :)

PAINTBALL
11-30-2003, 09:16 AM
espn1:

PAINTBALL:

jason:
http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Jobs_and_People/Criminals/Flasher.gifThat's definetly Jason's picture. He's a good guy.LoL Which one? The post wasn't meant to mean that Jason wasn't who he said he was, but to make a point that deception is easy in a cyber-space. I hope you understood my point Jason and no offense taken. Like I said for some wierd reason I have liked Jason since I started posting a few months ago. :D :D

lv2937
11-30-2003, 11:55 AM
LH Panther Mom:

PAINTBALL:

A word of warning to some of you nice people. Cyber-space is dangerous. Every week you read about people who are fooled by posters in chat rooms and agree to meet them in private, where something bad happens. Some people are not what they appear to be in chat rooms. Be carefull Liberty HillMom, Rangermom amd some of you other nice ladies, It could be very dangerous.Thanks, Paintball, for the words of wisdom. I would not consider meeting someone from cyber-space outside the football stadium, unless hubby was with me.

Sorry to hear of your impending death.Panther Mom. check your pm

lv2937
11-30-2003, 11:56 AM
LH Panther Mom:

PAINTBALL:

Sorry to hear of your impending death.Panther Mom. check your pm

Stu Pidass
11-30-2003, 05:34 PM
What do you mean by using your "real" name ?.... I thought we all did use our real names !!!

Stu Pidass
11-30-2003, 06:00 PM
What do you mean by using your "real" name ?.... I thought we all did use our real names !!!

ctownqb
11-30-2003, 06:17 PM
My username can give away who i am if somebody really wanted to know. When my team was still playing I tried not to ever say anything that would give another team, that we were going to play, any reason to be mad. But i always did look for something that somebody said about my team so i could go back a tell them just to try to give them more of a reason to play harder to win.

ctownqb
11-30-2003, 06:21 PM
My username can give away who i am if somebody really wanted to know. When my team was still playing I tried not to ever say anything that would give another team a reason to be mad or pumped up. But i always did look for something that somebodyelse said about my team so i could go back and tell them just to try to give them more of a reason to play harder to win.

sinton66
11-30-2003, 06:27 PM
lv2937:

PAINTBALL:

A word of warning to some of you nice people. Cyber-space is dangerous. Every week you read about people who are fooled by posters in chat rooms and agree to meet them in private, where something bad happens. Some people are not what they appear to be in chat rooms. Be carefull Liberty HillMom, Rangermom amd some of you other nice ladies, It could be very dangerous.hey Paintball, maybe you can come back as Sinton 66 or someother Sinton fan. Keep posting buddy. Are you ready to go to Texas Stadium next week?There's only one sinton66. Accept no substitutes.

jason
11-30-2003, 08:06 PM
espn1:

PAINTBALL:

jason:
http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Jobs_and_People/Criminals/Flasher.gifThat's definetly Jason's picture. He's a good guy.lol...thats good...oh, and it is me on my website...

Owen B
11-30-2003, 08:47 PM
Good to see the cautions, Paintball. It's wise to be cautious about revealing personal information or extending trust to people "met" over the internet. Kids shouldn't do it at all, in my opinion.

BTW, Owen B is nothing like my real name. The colors of the Commerce Tigers are orange and black -> o & b -> Owen B.

exbccards76'smom
12-01-2003, 06:46 AM
I put my real pic on here, too at the beginning of football season.

jason
12-01-2003, 09:15 AM
exbccards76'smom:
I put my real pic on here, too at the beginning of football season.lol...people have seen pics of me that are, uhm, different than most others...lol... :D :D :D

poncho
12-01-2003, 09:35 AM
jason:

exbccards76'smom:
I put my real pic on here, too at the beginning of football season.lol...people have seen pics of me that are, uhm, different than most others...lol... :D :D :D Jason good website. :cool: :D

Old No. 7
12-01-2003, 10:37 AM
poncho:
Hey Chris using your name thats cool. Poncho thats what I'm known by around town. :cool: I think every town has a poncho in it. I've got two in my closet. :D :D

poncho
12-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Old No. 7:

poncho:
Hey Chris using your name thats cool. Poncho thats what I'm known by around town. :cool: I think every town has a poncho in it. I've got two in my closet. :D :D Old no. 7 thats a good one!! :D :D :D

poncho
12-01-2003, 06:47 PM
ttt