PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill FB Sked confirmed

K-MAC Chuck
03-11-2008, 07:51 AM
it's probably known by now..but the non-district sites for Liberty Hill's FB schedule have been confirmed (3 on the road, 1 at home):

Zero Week (Aug. 29): at Giddings
Week 1 (Sept. 5): at Abilene Wylie
Week 2 (Sept. 12): at Manor
Week 3 (Sept. 19): Brownwood
Week 4 (Sept. 26): at Fredericksburg*
Week 5 (Oct. 3): vs. Burnet*
Week 6 (Oct. 10): at Ingram*
Week 7 (Oct. 17): vs. Canyon Lake*
Week 8 (Oct. 24): at Wimberley*
Week 9 - Open
Week 10 (Nov. 7) – vs. Llano*

*--denotes 8-3A games..

Sorry if this is old news..

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2008, 07:57 AM
Llano will be Parents' Night, which leaves Brownwood, Burnet or Canyon Lake as choices for Homecoming. :eek: :hairpunk:

K-MAC Chuck
03-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Llano will be Parents' Night, which leaves Brownwood, Burnet or Canyon Lake as choices for Homecoming. :eek: :hairpunk:

LHPM,
I'd say Canyon Lake would be the pick here - altho, would they wait that long to have Homecoming?

Looking4number8
03-11-2008, 08:22 AM

Pick me pick me!!

Come on LH, pick Brownwood for homecoming... make this game worth watching for everybody.

Brownwood would love too upset LH espicaly on there homecoming and no way LH wants their first loss in a million years to be that night... It would make for added drama!

LH810
03-11-2008, 08:30 AM
How deep in the playoffs did Brownwood go last year?

Daddy D 11
03-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by LH810
How deep in the playoffs did Brownwood go last year?

not very far....their football program is a joke:evillol: :p

jason
03-11-2008, 08:44 AM
How deep in the playoffs did Brownwood go last year? they didn't make the playoffs - the year before they lost in the regional finals to waco high...

LH810
03-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
not very far....their football program is a joke:evillol: :p

Thats good to hear. We will probably beat them like we beat Gatesville 84-10 and 70-7. Oh no another Gatesville :doh:

I_DONT_CARE
03-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Thats good to hear. We will probably beat them like we beat Gatesville 84-10 and 70-7. Oh no another Gatesville :doh:
OH HELL.......O. TELL ME YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT. BWOOD IS GOING TO SPANK THAT PURPLE BUTT.

LH810
03-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Just like everyone else did this year:clap: :clap:

Daddy D 11
03-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
OH HELL.......O. TELL ME YOU DIDN'T JUST SAY THAT. BWOOD IS GOING TO SPANK THAT PURPLE BUTT.

lol...we've heard that before:hand:

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
LHPM,
I'd say Canyon Lake would be the pick here - altho, would they wait that long to have Homecoming?
It was Oct 12 this past season. Anything is better than Homecoming being surrounded by Bye weeks.

Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
:doh: :doh: Hahaha! That made me laugh. :D But :doh:

Daddy D 11
03-11-2008, 08:53 AM
LHPM, i heard that "the beast" wets himself every night because he's so scared of the huge Brownwood Lions:thinking: is this true?:confused:

Hill Man
03-11-2008, 08:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
[B]it's probably known by now..but the non-district sites for Liberty Hill's FB schedule have been confirmed (3 on the road, 1 at home):

Week 9 - Open

*--denotes 8-3A games..

its been a long time since we played 10.. the last two scheduled 9 because of the alignment fiasco with Johnston and I believe we had Rita cancel one the season before.

Oct is not bad for a homecoming date.. In my day we always had it for one of the last games of the season..
The Wimperley game would be perfect.. great rivalry and extra incentive to crush them...

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2008, 08:55 AM
LHPM, i heard that "the beast" wets himself every night because he's so scared of the huge Brownwood Lions:thinking: is this true?:confused:
Yes, sad, but true. :( I feel sorry for him. I don't know which is worse, having to wash sheets 2-3 times a day or watching him :bigcry: :bigcry: over the sheer terror. I'm thinking of looking into counseling for him. :helpme:

Daddy D 11
03-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Hill Man
[QUOTE]Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
[B]it's probably known by now..but the non-district sites for Liberty Hill's FB schedule have been confirmed (3 on the road, 1 at home):

Week 9 - Open

*--denotes 8-3A games..

its been a long time since we played 10.. the last two scheduled 9 because of the alignment fiasco with Johnston and I believe we had Rita cancel one the season before.

Oct is not bad for a homecoming date.. In my day we always had it for one of the last games of the season..
The Wimperley game would be perfect.. great rivalry and extra incentive to crush them...

so are you suggesting we play homecoming on the road??:D :D :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2008, 08:57 AM
I wonder if they'd let us have our homecoming there this season. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Heehee! :devil: ;)

LH810
03-11-2008, 09:00 AM

really dosent matter who or where we play :devil: :devil:

eppy 12
03-11-2008, 09:02 AM
I wonder if they'd let us have our homecoming there this season. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/knockout2.jpg

Hill Man
03-11-2008, 09:23 AM
I wonder if they'd let us have our homecoming there this season. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

my bad... didn't have my glasses on
on the other hand... that would be different... :thinking:

BobcatBenny
03-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Did Liberty Hill change its school's colors to orange and white?

I am diggin the confidence. ;)

bwdlionfan
03-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Heehee! :devil: ;)

LH Panther Mom, is "the beast" your son?

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
LH Panther Mom, is "the beast" your son?
Yes, he is. :)

bwdlionfan
03-11-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm assuming he's a senior this coming year?

Also, does LH ever break in to shotgun formation or spread out with wide receivers?

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2008, 11:19 AM

Also, does LH ever break in to shotgun formation or spread out with wide receivers?
Correct, he is.

Receivers? Receivers??? We don't need no stinking receivers! :devil: (No ;) )

BobcatBenny
03-11-2008, 11:19 AM

Nope. They will just hide the ball and pound three or four athletic runners at you while they create all sorts of gaps for the ball carriers.

It is a very effective offense.

bwdlionfan
03-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Nope. They will just hide the ball and pound three or four athletic runners at you while they create all sorts of gaps for the ball carriers.

It is a very effective offense.

It looks like it, ball control at its best with lots of short runs that get you first down after first down. I hope Brownwood can fill the guys who graduated last year and get some beef in the middle on defense. As a fan, I think I would get a little bored watching that type of offense, but then again, if it's winning you state titles, I'm sure you get some excitement!

BobcatBenny
03-11-2008, 11:54 AM
It looks like it, ball control at its best with lots of short runs that get you first down after first down. I hope Brownwood can fill the guys who graduated last year and get some beef in the middle on defense. As a fan, I think I would get a little bored watching that type of offense, but then again, if it's winning you state titles, I'm sure you get some excitement!
It is not boring for the visitors or their competition. You hold your breath on every play hoping that each kid remembers his assignment and makes the tackle when he has the opportunity.

Against a disciplined team it is ball control, but it usually results in a few short gains and then a long run to the endzone

. . . and ultimately a 40 point deficit. :(

Hill Man
03-11-2008, 12:49 PM

Nothing boring about the LH offense... sounds like it would be since 99.9% are runs but this offense is explosive.. Its called the Slot-T and we have had on average 3 backs gain over 1200 yds with at least one close to 2000 each season for the past 6..

Put 10 in the box and try to stop it...

BobcatBenny
03-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Oh and for you Brownwood posters.

Liberty Hill's offense is the most talked about facet of their game, but it is not their best. The Liberty Hill defense is probably the best part of their game. Sorry, LH posters, if your kid plays offense, but as great as the offense is, the defense is what impresses me the most. :(

Panther One
03-11-2008, 01:43 PM
We go into shotgun every now and then...we call it punt. We don't use it every game, though.

pirate4state
03-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
We go into shotgun every now and then...we call it punt. We don't use it every game, though. LOL :clap: :clap:

Silverback 04
03-11-2008, 02:20 PM
With Celina playing their 10-1 defense they almost accomplished what no one else has. They shut down the short 3-4 yard gains for the most part but LH scored on long runs of 61 and 79 and a short 1 yarder to score their points. This year, Gilmer got a taste of both.

Silverback 04
03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
How the heck do we start the season with three straight road games against those opponents? Thats crazy. Metal will definitely be tested.

Hey, LHPM, did you see your son run the fat man (hourglass) relay at Rockdale a couple of weeks ago? Darn near killed the second leg. Looked like he runs that relay like he blocks on the football field. Second leg learned he needs to start his run a little sooner I think. Laughed till I cried!

waterboy
03-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Put 10 in the box and try to stop it...
Why didn't anybody think of that last year, or the year before?! That oughta work! The secret's out! Wahahahahahahah!

A word of warning to Brownwood posters: no disrespect intended, but everything y'all will try has been tried before. 3A will not be any easier than 4A, especially when you start playing the good teams. Y'all are starting out in, arguably, the toughest district in the state. Remember only 3 teams make the playoffs in 3A. When, or if, y'all survive to make the playoffs, then you will have begun to earn some bragging rights. The only thing about Liberty Hill this year is they lost some good players to graduation, but, usually, they just reload. When, or if, y'all can beat the 3A teams that have EARNED their respect year in and year out, only then will everyone listen and believe what you say, and not believe that you're just being a homer.

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Hey, LHPM, did you see your son run the fat man (hourglass) relay at Rockdale a couple of weeks ago? Darn near killed the second leg. Looked like he runs that relay like he blocks on the football field. Second leg learned he needs to start his run a little sooner I think. Laughed till I cried!
Dang it! No, I didn't! But he told me about it when he got home. I was rolling. :D I guess it's a good thing 2nd leg finally took off when he did. ;)

waterboy
03-11-2008, 02:54 PM
With Celina playing their 10-1 defense they almost accomplished what no one else has. They shut down the short 3-4 yard gains for the most part but LH scored on long runs of 61 and 79 and a short 1 yarder to score their points. This year, Gilmer got a taste of both.
Ouch! And it didn't taste good! Even when we had y'all stopped in the backfield, the cutbacks killed us. How come there was always that one blocker out there on the backside (who never missed his block, by the way) .... it always nullified the backside contain? :confused: Seriously, though .......... I do wish Gilmer would have played better that day. I WANNA A REMATCH!:D

Silverback 04
03-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Ouch! And it didn't taste good! Even when we had y'all stopped in the backfield, the cutbacks killed us. How come there was always that one blocker out there on the backside (who never missed his block, by the way) .... it always nullified the backside contain? :confused: Seriously, though .......... I do wish Gilmer would have played better that day. I WANNA A REMATCH!:D

It would probably wind up with the same result though maybe not as bad. With your Qb nursing a bad hand I lost count of the number of dropped balls he had. Additionally, the 30 mile an hour wind didn't help him trying to throw. By the way, one of the things that LH is known for is downfield and backside blocking. O-linemen chip block and then head downfield like rabid dawgs. Safeties get hit on every down even when they ain't involved in the play. Thats gotta get old.

I_DONT_CARE
03-11-2008, 04:05 PM
we have had on average 3 backs gain over 1200 yds with at least one close to 2000 each season for the past 6..

NOW THAT'S PRETTY IMPRESSIVE, I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS!

waterboy
03-11-2008, 04:20 PM
It would probably wind up with the same result though maybe not as bad. With your Qb nursing a bad hand I lost count of the number of dropped balls he had. Additionally, the 30 mile an hour wind didn't help him trying to throw. By the way, one of the things that LH is known for is downfield and backside blocking. O-linemen chip block and then head downfield like rabid dawgs. Safeties get hit on every down even when they ain't involved in the play. Thats gotta get old.
Yeah. There's several things that hurt us that day ...... but no excuses, we did get beat. Any team that played y'all last year had to bring their best game, regardless of the situation, just to stay in the game. Unfortunately, the Buckeyes didn't bring it that day, and had it handed to them. Congratulations go out to the Panthers for getting it done. They're a class act.:clap:

LionKing
03-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Why didn't anybody think of that last year, or the year before?! That oughta work! The secret's out! Wahahahahahahah!

A word of warning to Brownwood posters: no disrespect intended, but everything y'all will try has been tried before. 3A will not be any easier than 4A, especially when you start playing the good teams. Y'all are starting out in, arguably, the toughest district in the state. Remember only 3 teams make the playoffs in 3A. When, or if, y'all survive to make the playoffs, then you will have begun to earn some bragging rights. The only thing about Liberty Hill this year is they lost some good players to graduation, but, usually, they just reload. When, or if, y'all can beat the 3A teams that have EARNED their respect year in and year out, only then will everyone listen and believe what you say, and not believe that you're just being a homer. No need to warn Brownwood posters, not sure why you're warning Brownwood posters, what have they said ??

Lion_Addict
03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
No need to warn Brownwood posters, not sure why you're warning Brownwood posters, what have they said ??

That's the thing King, we haven't said it......they have :thinking: ;) . It's starting to really get funny :D