PDA

View Full Version : Whitehouse vs Celina and WF Rider

orange machine
03-10-2008, 05:02 PM
On some web site in east Texas people have been saying that Whitehouse is going to beat up on Celina and WF Rider anybody else heard this?

Emerson1
03-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Celina yes
WF no

orange machine
03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Celina yes
WF no

You think Whitehouse is going to beat up on Celina? It might be a decent game,but they will not beat up on us.

gatordaze
03-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
You think Whitehouse is going to beat up on Celina? It might be a decent game,but they will not beat up on us.

Welcome to the Downlow

In about 20 more posts you will be able to recognize the difference between a response and lighter fluid!

Go Bobcats!

Emerson1
03-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Are they playing that one at home and home? I hope I can make it, if not maybe it will be on TV, doubtful though it's always 2 teams in a meaningless game

orange machine
03-10-2008, 05:24 PM
I dont know much about Whitehouse, but i will go with the Bobcats by 20

Emerson1
03-10-2008, 05:26 PM
How good is the Celina secondary?

orange machine
03-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
How good is the Celina secondary?

They return all of their starters in the secondary except they lose their safety. Celina did have the number 1 rated defense in 3a last year so they are pretty dang good.

Emerson1
03-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Is there a celina highlight video from last year up on the net anywhere?

orange machine
03-10-2008, 05:36 PM
you tube has some. Type in celina bobcats when you get to the you tube site. Also celinabobats.com has a ton of game pics.

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 06:44 PM
SO THE WHITEHOUSE PEOPLE SHOULD BE LAYING DOWN CRYING THINKING AHEAD OF TIME THAT THEY'RE GOING TO LOSE? :rolleyes:

Matthew328
03-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Whitehouse has been knocking heads with the likes of Marshall, Kilgore, etc.....it'll be a good game

Emerson1
03-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Will it be on the radio/internet?

PHS Wildcats
03-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I dont know much about Whitehouse, but i will go with the Bobcats by 20

Yea, with that prediction you don't know much about Whitehouse;)

Matthew328
03-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Past two years Whitehouse has gone from being a doormat to a power in East Texas.....made a couple of good playoff runs the past 2 years....

Emerson1
03-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Past two years Whitehouse has gone from being a doormat to a power in East Texas.....made a couple of good playoff runs the past 2 years....
Isn't there really good QB coming back?

orange machine
03-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Yea, with that prediction you don't know much about Whitehouse;)

Well i guess you dont know much about Celina 8 state championships. Last to years Celina has been in the state championship also.

Emerson1
03-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Well i guess you dont know much about Celina 8 state championships. Last to years Celina has been in the state championship also.
So Celina is going to be using 20 and 30 year olds? I always knew they cheated somehow

gatordaze
03-10-2008, 09:06 PM
I think the point is that Celina has played in 70% of the State Championships in the past decade. They have won 6 of 7 of those games. Each year they lose great players and reload. 08 will be the same.

How about a little love for a school that has the nads to schedule several 4A teams and one a 4A playoff team to boot?

orange machine
03-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Listen i said it would be a decent game and i think Celina will win by 20 points. I could be wrong, but i dont think so. Celina has a great group of talented starters coming back this next year. Also the Celina jv is loaded with good athletes. Celina's jv beat Sherman's jv which is a 4a school 70 something to 30 something last year. You add those boys to an already strong group and you have a dang good football team. Not to mention the jv boys came up for the playoff games and soem got some good varsity playing time.

PHS Wildcats
03-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I think the point is that Celina has played in 70% of the State Championships in the past decade. They have won 6 of 7 of those games. Each year they lose great players and reload. 08 will be the same.

How about a little love for a school that has the nads to schedule several 4A teams and one a 4A playoff team to boot?

I give them credit for doing that, but for orange machine to say that celina will beat a Whitehouse team that is very explosive on offense and solid on defense.... I'm sorry, but It's just not going to happen.

orange machine
03-10-2008, 09:10 PM

We will not get that love because we cheat according to most people. If we beat Whitehouse which i think we will then watch all the excuses.

orange machine
03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I give them credit for doing that, but for orange machine to say that celina will beat a Whitehouse team that is very explosive on offense and solid on defense.... I'm sorry, but It's just not going to happen.

Thats my opinion nobody elses. Am i supposed to think we will lose. Winning is a tradidtion in Celina and those boys on friday night will fight to the very end to defend that tradition. If you dont believe me make sure at the Celina Whitehouse game.

Matthew328
03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Celina might beat Whitehouse but judging from last year's team it would not have been by 20...woulda been a close game...Whitehouse is very good on offense, they don't make mistakes and take what you give them...Celina I dont think could have been as aggressive as they normally would have been w/Whitehouse...but I think Celina's offense would have been able to move the ball

PHS Wildcats
03-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Celina might beat Whitehouse but judging from last year's team it would not have been by 20...woulda been a close game...Whitehouse is very good on offense, they don't make mistakes and take what you give them...Celina I dont think could have been as aggressive as they normally would have been w/Whitehouse...but I think Celina's offense would have been able to move the ball

My point exactly. Orange Machine, Celina may win, you have your opinion and I have mine. I'm sure it will be a good game, but it will be closer than 20. I guess we'll see come game night:clap:

orange machine
03-10-2008, 09:17 PM
When i say 20 points its because i know nothing about Whitehouse other than they are south of Tyler, but even if we played SLC i would still believe until proven wrong that we would win. Thats the way it is in Celina you are never beat untill the clock says 0 at the end of the game.

PHS Wildcats
03-10-2008, 09:19 PM
When i say 20 points its because i know nothing about Whitehouse other than they are south of Tyler, but even if we played SLC i would still believe until proven wrong that we would win. Thats the way it is in Celina you are never beat untill the clock says 0 at the end of the game.

That's the way it should be.

Emerson1
03-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I am definitely going to this game, maybe some whitehouse posters will register here. I know they are all over smoaky

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 09:22 PM
TWO IS SEVERAL? :confused:

gatordaze
03-10-2008, 09:31 PM
I think it is three.

orange machine
03-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Is their any pics or videos of Whitehouse?

Emerson1
03-10-2008, 10:02 PM
http://forneysports.com/2007games/whitehouse2007.html

If you head over to smoaky.com they can probably link you to some video

mwynn05
03-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Past two years Whitehouse has gone from being a doormat to a power in East Texas.....made a couple of good playoff runs the past 2 years.... 2 words Randy McFarland

JR2004
03-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
SO THE WHITEHOUSE PEOPLE SHOULD BE LAYING DOWN CRYING THINKING AHEAD OF TIME THAT THEY'RE GOING TO LOSE? :rolleyes:

Don't know what Whitehouse has returning next year, but they've had some good athletes come through the last couple of seasons in football and basketball.

The bandwagon fans around here would have you believe Whitehouse shouldn't show up so who knows.

Looking4number8
03-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Gotta back up my new Celina buddies... I HATE WHITEHOUSE!!!!!

waterboy
03-11-2008, 08:51 AM
This ought to be a good game which could go either way. This game will not be a cake-walk for either team. I think Celina will win in a close one ..... less than 10 points.

Gsquared
03-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Celina wont be winning this one by 20. McFarlin has WH rolling. Whitehouse will probably be the favorite in this game, I think I will pick Celina in an upset BUT, Whitehouse can also blow the doors off the game as well.

I_DONT_CARE
03-11-2008, 09:01 AM
WHITEHOUSE IN A ROUTE!!!!

TILL NEXT TIME

eppy 12
03-11-2008, 09:11 AM
WHITEHOUSE IN A ROUTE!!!!

TILL NEXT TIME

Main Entry: 1route
Pronunciation: \ˈrüt, ˈrau̇t\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French rute, from Vulgar Latin *rupta (via), literally, broken way, from Latin rupta, feminine of ruptus, past participle
Date: 13th century
1 a: a traveled way : highway <the main route north> b: a means of access : channel <the route to social mobility — T. F. O'Dea>
2: a line of travel : course
3 a: an established or selected course of travel or action b: an assigned territory to be systematically covered <a newspaper route>

Main Entry: 4rout
Pronunciation: \ˈrau̇t\
Etymology: Middle French route defeat, perhaps from mettre en route to set going, put into motion
Date: 1598
1: a state of wild confusion or disorderly retreat
2 a: a disastrous defeat : debacle b: a precipitate flight

Ranger Mom
03-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by eppy 12
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French rute, from Vulgar Latin *rupta (via), literally, broken way, from Latin rupta, feminine of ruptus, past participle
1 a: a traveled way : highway <the main route north> b: a means of access : channel <the route to social mobility — T. F. O'Dea>
3 a: an established or selected course of travel or action b: an assigned territory to be systematically covered <a newspaper route>

Etymology: Middle French route defeat, perhaps from mettre en route to set going, put into motion

I have a sneaking suspicion he doesn't care!!:p :p

I_DONT_CARE
03-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by eppy 12

I'VE BEEN WONDERING WHERE THE SPELLING POLICE HAVE BEEN. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: READ THE SIGNATURE LINE.

eppy 12
03-11-2008, 09:21 AM
I'VE BEEN WONDERING WHERE THE SPELLING POLICE HAVE BEEN. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: READ THE SIGNATURE LINE. your spelling was fine.:clap:

pirate4state
03-11-2008, 09:22 AM
hee hee :doh:

gatordaze
03-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Celina wont be winning this one by 20. McFarlin has WH rolling. Whitehouse will probably be the favorite in this game, I think I will pick Celina in an upset BUT, Whitehouse can also blow the doors off the game as well.

I bet that Celina has not been a regular season underdog in over a decade including the 2 games that they lost. WH has had three winning seasons in a decade and finished last season ranked 97th and 105th in the state respectively ( MaxPreps and Massey). Celina finished #3 and #17 in the same polls.

Celina returns thier entire offensive backfield less the QB and most of their defense including what may become the best player that they have every had in Junior MLB. I expect a good game along the lines of say Snyder in the playoffs. I don't expect WH to be a tough as China Spring.

Two years ago people were saying that Celina could not hang in 3A and since then only 1 team has beat them in a death match that could have gone either way. I hope WH thinks Celina is just a little 3A non district warmup!

Gsquared
03-11-2008, 10:04 AM
I bet that Celina has not been a regular season underdog in over a decade including the 2 games that they lost. WH has had three winning seasons in a decade and finished last season ranked 97th and 105th in the state respectively ( MaxPreps and Massey). Celina finished #3 and #17 in the same polls.

Celina returns thier entire offensive backfield less the QB and most of their defense including what may become the best player that they have every had in Junior MLB. I expect a good game along the lines of say Snyder in the playoffs. I don't expect WH to be a tough as China Spring.

Two years ago people were saying that Celina could not hang in 3A and since then only 1 team has beat them in a death match that could have gone either way. I hope WH thinks Celina is just a little 3A non district warmup!
Omg, WH is going to have WAY more than China Spring had. I agree, Celina is nowhere close to being out of its leauge in this game but its going to be a dog fight.

BleedOrange
03-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Omg, WH is going to have WAY more than China Spring had. I agree, Celina is nowhere close to being out of its leauge in this game but its going to be a dog fight.

I agree completely. The key to Celina's success this year will be whether the can replace all of the losses on the O-Line and D-Line. I don't believe anyone should be so cavalier as to say we will have a definite win over a quality 4a school (or any other opponent for that matter) when there are many questions to answer. That being said, the Celina players, IMO, are always of the mindset, as they should be, that they will come out victorious everytime they step on the field.

charlesrixey
03-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
2 words Randy McFarland

haven't seen you on XBL recently, MW

you been in hide mode?

mwynn05
03-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
haven't seen you on XBL recently, MW

you been in hide mode? well i had to send my xbox in a few weeks ago but ive just been busy with school adn work and since i turned 21 goin out and stuff bc i can actually get into places now

CelinaCatFan
03-11-2008, 04:40 PM
I can think of 2 times in the last 10 years that Celina was the underdog in a regular season game. Both times it was against Gainesville during our first stint in 3A.

The first meeting Gainesville was ranked #1 and we won in a close game. The next season Gainesville won by a large margin.

BILLYFRED0000
03-11-2008, 06:58 PM
On this whole whitehouse thing, they have a pretty good offense. But they do not play defense, not in China Springs league and certainly not in LH or our league.

BILLYFRED0000
03-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
I agree completely. The key to Celina's success this year will be whether the can replace all of the losses on the O-Line and D-Line. I don't believe anyone should be so cavalier as to say we will have a definite win over a quality 4a school (or any other opponent for that matter) when there are many questions to answer. That being said, the Celina players, IMO, are always of the mindset, as they should be, that they will come out victorious everytime they step on the field.

We have Bill Elliot. We replace all staters every year. He will have them ready again. Bidelman will start and while he is not fast he is big and strong. The rest of the line will be fine.

Matthew328
03-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Whitehouse was young on the defensive side of the ball last year....lost their best player but they'll be much better on D this year.....

Celina will have their hands full with Whitehouse.....WHS will bring a lot more to the table than CS did

wildcatpride
03-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Whitehouse is not playing WF Rider; SS is.

Whitehouse schedule

8/21 Carthage Away (Scrimmage)
8/29 Garland N. Forest Home
9/5 Sulphur Springs Home
9/12 Corsicana Away
9/19 Red Oak Home
9/26 Celina Home
OPEN
10/10 J'ville Away
10/17 Lindale Home
10/24 Kilgore Away
10/31 Nac Away
11/7 Henderson Home

rockdale80
03-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Whitehouse will destroy Celina. They are 4a....come on people.

Matthew328
03-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Pretty salty schedule for Whitehouse

kepdawg
03-14-2008, 12:50 AM
I just think it's cool that a team from Washington DC is coming all the way here to play Celina. Is this the first time Celina is playing an out of state team?

JR2004
03-14-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by wildcatpride
Whitehouse is not playing WF Rider; SS is.

Whitehouse schedule

8/29 Garland N. Forest Home
9/5 Sulphur Springs Home
9/12 Corsicana Away
9/19 Red Oak Home

That's four pretty tough games to open the year for the Wildcats.

Matthew328
03-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Garland Naaman Forest 5A area playoff team
Corsicana perennial 4A power
Red Oak 4A Regional Semi-Finals
Celina 3A State Champion

Dare I say Celina might be the easiest game on their non-district slate...wow no knock on Celina just a thought on how good Whitehouse's schedule is...they could start 0-4