orange machine
03-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
1. Sealy
2. China Spring
3. Brownwood
4. Celina
5. Gilmer

Sealy in the top 5 no way, Liberty Hill not in the top 5 your crazy, China and Brownwood above Celina and Liberty Hill you have lost it. Celina and Liberty Hill have both been to the championship the last two season they deserve the top 1 and 2 spots.

Astrosdawg07
03-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Where is Jasper in this mix?

Snydertigersrul
03-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Sealy in the top 5 no way, Liberty Hill not in the top 5 your crazy, China and Brownwood above Celina and Liberty Hill you have lost it. Celina and Liberty Hill have both been to the championship the last two season they deserve the top 1 and 2 spots.

You are crazy. This is how it will go.

1. SNYDER
2. Celina
3. Liberty Hill
4. Gilmer
5. Abilene Wylie

orange machine
03-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Snyder was a one man team and that one man is gone. They will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Snydertigersrul
03-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Snyder was a one man team and that one man is gone. They will be lucky to make the playoffs.

The fullback was nearly a 1,000-yard rusher as a sophomore and is returning to tailback. He averaged 11 yards per carry last season and stronger than ever. The offensive line will be even bigger than last year with three weighing 300 or more. Three of five starters return there. Doesn't sound like a one-man team buddy.

STANG RED
03-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul

1. SNYDER
2. Celina
3. Liberty Hill
4. Gilmer
5. Abilene Wylie

Better take some aspirin and call your doctor in the morning if that fever isnt gone.

bandera7
03-09-2008, 05:41 PM
1. Bandera
2. Liberty Hill
3. Celina
4. Gilmer
5. Brownwood

Tin Cup
03-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Snyder? HAHA

Liberty Hill
Celina
Brownwood
Waco La Vega
Gilmer
Abiliene Wylie

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Better take some aspirin and call your doctor in the morning if that fever isnt gone.
Wake up there, Stang Red. Snyder: Best 0-0 team in the state. ;)

jimmyceatworld
03-09-2008, 06:16 PM
ALL UPSETS

5. Stafford
4. Bridge City
3. Center
2. Lorena
1. Fairfield

TexanFan4Life
03-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Where's the love for the Sealy Tigers? We were EXTREMELY young last season. Our only key losses were at RB, DT, and Rover. Those guys are going to be balling next season. RB Dexter Downey will be a STUD as our starter in 2008. All of you guys obviously need to take a trip down to Tiger Stadium and check them out.

orange machine -

China Spring only lost Eskew, and they are returning one of the top WRs in the state in Mike Hicks and one of the top DEs in the state in Ryan Boutwell. They are also returning a VERY underrated corner in Jerome Lloyd. Talent wise...I think CS edges out Celina. Nothing against your guys, but I think China Spring is on the path to great things this season.

cshscougar08
03-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Don't put us back on the map too soon. Brian Bell will be stepping in at QB and the way the entire season goes depends on how he matures at QB. So we'll be hoping he gets right in there of course. :D

Here's mine:

Liberty Hill
Brownwood
La Vega
Gilmer
Celina

Phil C
03-09-2008, 07:18 PM
I like football.

lostaussie
03-09-2008, 07:26 PM
way too much love for the Buckeyes. Several great players coming back but an offensive line that must be totally rebuilt. We will find out real fast where we stand against Jasper.

Panther One
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
1. Liberty Hill
2. Celina
3. West Orange-Stark
4. Carthage
5. La Vega
6. Brownwood
7. China Spring
8. Gilmer
9. Abilene Wylie
10. Navasota
11. Cuero
12. Jasper
13. Snyder
14. Liberty-Eylau
15. Madisonville

j_dog
03-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Where is Jasper in this mix?
As usual, flying in under the radar. ;) :D

Emerson1
03-09-2008, 08:39 PM
1. Brownwood HS
2. Brownwood MS
3. Brownwood Elementary
4. Brownwood Local Daycare
5. Brownwood Planned Parenthood

Tin Cup
03-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Our elementary is really down this year.

orange machine
03-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
1. Liberty Hill
2. Celina
3. West Orange-Stark
4. Carthage
5. La Vega
6. Brownwood
7. China Spring
8. Gilmer
9. Abilene Wylie
10. Navasota
11. Cuero
12. Jasper
13. Snyder
14. Liberty-Eylau
15. Madisonville

orange machine
03-09-2008, 08:51 PM

I dont have a problem with this at all except for Snyder. They should be between 20 and 25.

Daddy D 11
03-09-2008, 09:05 PM
1. LH
2. CELINA
3. everyone else:D

both will finally play each other this year, LH romps through Region 1 and Celina sleepwalks through Region 2 like they always have.....setting up the game everyone wants to see:nerd: this is my prediction:evillol:

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
1. LH
2. CELINA

both will finally play each other this year, LH romps through Region 1 and Celina sleepwalks through Region 2 like they always have.....setting up the game everyone wants to see:nerd: this is my prediction:evillol:
I like the way you think. :devil:

Snydertigersrul
03-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I like the way you think. :devil:

Is it really the game that everyone wants to see just in the regular season?

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Is it really the game that everyone wants to see just in the regular season?
:confused: :confused: No, from what I've read for over a year, "some" have wanted a second shot at us in the playoffs.

Snydertigersrul
03-09-2008, 09:23 PM
:confused: :confused: No, from what I've read for over a year, "some" have wanted a second shot at us in the playoffs.

I'm glad that they are going to play and it should be a great game, but I hope that we see a rematch in the playoffs.

LH Panther Mom
03-09-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm glad that they are going to play and it should be a great game, but I hope that we see a rematch in the playoffs.
We're not playing in the regular season. :doh:

Snydertigersrul
03-09-2008, 09:25 PM
We're not playing in the regular season. :doh:

Oh, I thought I read a few weeks ago thta they had scheduled a regular season game.

orange machine
03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh, I thought I read a few weeks ago thta they had scheduled a regular season game.

I think that all the fans and team from Snyder were very respectful, but i can assure you that if yall couldnt beat us with Mr. Clay yall will not beat us this year and im not trying to be a big head or butt just being honest.Snyders best chance was last year and it didnt happen. Now as far as Liberty Hill i and many other Celina folks would love to have a rematch. I believe that it would be the game of the year in most classifications.Liberty Hill is a top notch program and believe me Celina has alot of respect for Liberty Hill. I would hope that Celina would win that game, but it would be a tough hard game for both teams.

IHStangFan
03-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Madisonville will win a title, Navasota will be close. LH will forfeit their season because they are scared. Celina HS will be shut down and the athletic program disbanded. The kids will be divided between 3 different area schools. Abilene Wylie will realize they got lucky last year to go as far as they did. Snyder will be the best team from "west" Texas...and that won't be saying much. Port Isabel will make the playoffs (WOW...it must be VERY hard to make the playoffs) coming outa that VERY tough district in the even TOUGHER valley only to meet Cuero and get pummeled. Cuero will roll until the Reg. IV finals where they will lose on a last second field goal to the Devine War Horses. The West Orange Stark Mustangs are STILL better than Giddings, regardless of the fact Fitzhenry played or not.....okay...that's all I got........for now. :D

navscanmaster
03-09-2008, 10:15 PM
1. Liberty Hill - I think they have this spot until somebody knocks them off, regardless of returning lettermen.
2. West Orange Stark - Should represent R3 at the semis. (Although I hope they don't:devil: )
3. China Spring - Good balance of offense/defense.
4. Cuero - Waltzing through the south as usual.
5. Celina - Ditto above for northeast.

I have faith in my Rattlers, but defensively, they have a big question mark. Therefore, I will nominate them as the darkhorse, but rank them no higher than 10.

WOS87
03-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
1. Liberty Hill - I think they have this spot until somebody knocks them off, regardless of returning lettermen.
2. West Orange Stark - Should represent R3 at the semis. (Although I hope they don't:devil: )

I have faith in my Rattlers, but defensively, they have a big question mark. Therefore, I will nominate them as the darkhorse, but rank them no higher than 10.

Navasota should be going Division I so I think they have a good shot at taking Region III, IF Gilmer goes DII as I think they have a reasonable chance of doing. Jasper and Silsbee will be the major obstacles as they are both guaranteed to be DI.

orange machine
03-09-2008, 10:40 PM

I dont understand where some get there logic.. WOS, China, and Cuero above Celina and Brownwood is not even in the top 5. I have nothing against Brownwood, but i hope they lay a big goose egg in 3a. It is Brownwwod and they have had good succsess in 4a and they will have succsess in 3a they should be in everybody top 5!!

jimmyceatworld
03-09-2008, 11:37 PM
1. LH
2. CELINA

I agree. I think many people are foolish to place teams ahead of either one of these when they both have been DOMINANT the last couple of years. But even if they don't make it to the ship this year shouldn't they be awarded the top two rankings for winning their respective divisions last year?

orange machine
03-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Well i know that im ready for some Bobcat football.. Anybody know if Giddings will have anything or was there best chance last year?

TexanFan4Life
03-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I agree. I think many people are foolish to place teams ahead of either one of these when they both have been DOMINANT the last couple of years. But even if they don't make it to the ship this year shouldn't they be awarded the top two rankings for winning their respective divisions last year?

No they shouldn't just automatically be awarded the top 2 spots. What those teams did last year was amazing, but this is a new season and you have to take into account the players they lost, and any newcomers that might make a contribution.

WOS87
03-10-2008, 12:29 AM
I know Brownwood will do well but I wouldn't necessarily put them as an automatic favorite to win it all...

Common opponents with 3A teams over the past three seasons:

Brownwood 28...Abilene Wylie 21
Graham 29...Abilene Wylie 23
Gilmer 28...Abilene Wylie 21

Brownwood 12...Burnet 9
Liberty Hill 34...Burnet 17

Brownwood 48...Waco University 19
Waco Connally 42...Waco University 28
Waco La Vega 42...Waco University 28

Brownwood 22...Midway 36
Giddings 28...Midway 14

Brownwood 18...Abilene Wylie 14
Wimberley 34...Abilene Wylie 15
Canyon 21...Abilene Wylie 10

Brownwood 21...Sweetwater 24
Decatur 40...Sweetwater 26
Vernon 47...Sweetwater 12

Brownwood 22...Burnet 40
Liberty Hill 28...Burnet 15

Brownwood 36...Waco University 27
Marlin 41...Waco University 17

Brownwood 0...Everman 48
Kennedale 28...Everman 21

jimmyceatworld
03-10-2008, 12:48 AM
No they shouldn't just automatically be awarded the top 2 spots. What those teams did last year was amazing, but this is a new season and you have to take into account the players they lost, and any newcomers that might make a contribution.

Well not that rankings matter at all in HS football, but I personally believe that teams should be rewarded for winning it all. I guess this idea comes from college football. If a team wins the ship, then I think they should be ranked number one or at least pretty high the next year. I know they might be losing several players and things such as that, but I am sick and tired of teams that have mediocre seasons and then because they have a lot of young talent they are at the top of the polls to begin the season after proving nothing. I'm not really a fan of the preseason polls especially when the make such a big difference in the BCS.

bwdlionfan
03-10-2008, 12:50 AM
In reference to WOS87's post about Brownwood winning it all.....

Who in this thread predicted Brownwood to win it all? It seems like people on this board keep putting things in the mouth of the Brownwood posters, and I've yet to see any say we will win it all....It is nice thouh to see a fan from one of the biggest disappointments when dropping down a classification to be so bored as to pull up scores from the past 3 seasons of an opponent who's halfway across the state. 2005 is way past, we didn't even have a QB that season. Our QB moved to Brenham and his backup had a season ending injury. We had to have a WR step in at QB who'd never played QB before and he finished that season out as the QB, not to mention he wasn't but 5'7 on a good day. That team did lose 48-0 to Everman in the playoffs that season, I wasn't at the game as I had to work, so I have no idea what happened, but that same team lost to Abilene High 17-15, in Abilene. That same Abilene High team lost to Southlake by 7 in Texas Stadium and was inside the 20 at the end of the game before throwing an interception, so, if common scores mean anything, Everman probably could have beat Southlake by a solid 39 points. Nice try, common scores don't mean jack crap! In 2006, most of those scores you post are from the first of the season, when we were in a QB controversy and trying to find ourselves as a team. How about after things got rolling and we went 4 rounds in the 4A playoffs with a soph QB who will be a senior this year. And 2007, we did have a disappointing year, but how about the 55-7 score against Sweetwater, you failed to mention that one? Last years team showed flashes of brilliance, yet at the same time couldn't put it together in some games. The 28-21 win over Abilene Wylie was highly misleading. Brownwood had 3 or 4 trips in the redzone that didn't result in points due to turnovers. We manhandled Wylie last year (no disrespect to Wylie, they're a great team), but if you had seen the game, you would know it wasn't nearly that close. The 2006 game with Wylie (18-14), we spotted Wylie 14 points in the first 3 minutes of the game off of a turnover and a blocked punt. We then rotated QBs during that game (first game of the season), until something finally worked, then it was all Brownwood through the 2nd half. You clearly have no idea what goes on half a state away from you, so sit back and think Brownwood won't do anything in 3A. I'm not saying we will win a title, but we're without a doubt a contender and a top 10 team, or maybe even a top 5 team. For now, I think Liberty Hill should be the undisputed #1 team until someone beats them.

navscanmaster
03-10-2008, 12:50 AM
I dont understand where some get there logic.. WOS, China, and Cuero above Celina and Brownwood is not even in the top 5. I have nothing against Brownwood, but i hope they lay a big goose egg in 3a. It is Brownwwod and they have had good succsess in 4a and they will have succsess in 3a they should be in everybody top 5!!

Not everybody thinks like the orange machine:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
03-10-2008, 12:53 AM
In no particular order

Liberty Hill
Navasota
West Orange-Stark
Celina
Abilene Wylie

navscanmaster
03-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
In reference to WOS87's post about Brownwood winning it all.....

Who in this thread predicted Brownwood to win it all? It seems like people on this board keep putting things in the mouth of the Brownwood posters, and I've yet to see any say we will win it all....It is nice thouh to see a fan from one of the biggest disappointments when dropping down a classification to be so bored as to pull up scores from the past 3 seasons of an opponent who's halfway across the state.

Settle down. WOS87 is a valuable asset to this board, and he is pretty darn unbiased about everything. He can shed light into any argument with his HUGE database that he has compiled of EVERY SINGLE 3A TEAM in the state, not just WOS. He simply provides facts. If those facts tick you off to the point of insulting him, you need a breather from organized sports as it seems they have consumed your judgement.

bwdlionfan
03-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Settle down. WOS87 is a valuable asset to this board, and he is pretty darn unbiased about everything. He can shed light into any argument with his HUGE database that he has compiled of EVERY SINGLE 3A TEAM in the state, not just WOS. He simply provides facts. If those facts tick you off to the point of insulting him, you need a breather from organized sports as it seems they have consumed your judgement.

And I provided facts that he wouldn't know about being halfway across the state. I'm not saying he isn't a valuable asset to the board, and I personally have no beef with him, I just provided my argument for what he posted. I would still like someone to copy and paste where someone in this thread said Brownwood would win it all.

navscanmaster
03-10-2008, 01:16 AM
And I provided facts that he wouldn't know about being halfway across the state. I'm not saying he isn't a valuable asset to the board, and I personally have no beef with him, I just provided my argument for what he posted. I would still like someone to copy and paste where someone in this thread said Brownwood would win it all.

I can agree with you on the part about Brownwood fans claiming they will be winning it all, because I haven't really seen that myself. So far Lions posters have really been no different than any other team that is dropping down recently, in that they are excited because they already had a good team in 4A, and now the competition should drop. But what people here are talking about is that Brownwood still has to make it through district play in what is arguably the toughest district in the state, and should they make it through district, they will probably go DII unless Wylie has a complete collapse. That means facing the machine in Quarterfinals.
Also, people here on the board are as a whole just not familiar with the modern Brownwood program. For all it's history, Brownwood has been 4A for years, and although North/Central Texas folks know what you guys have talent/system wise, the rest of the state does not know yet. What we do know is that:
Liberty Hill is like a machine that needs regular oiling in the offseason and Vance knows just what kind of oil it takes.
Celina will win 15 games every year.
China Spring and LaVega are tough as nails lately.
West Orange Stark is returning a ton.
Sealy is full of exceptional underclassmen talent.
Wylie is always good.
Snyder and Sweetwater are Snyder and Sweetwater.
Navasota has a few big names and a lot of questions.
Madisonville has a monster in the backfield.
Rockdale has a nurse with a computer with lots of good looking women on it.

All the above are pretty common knowledge on this board for anybody that is paying attention, and that is how we make our rankings, predictions, statements, etc....

And as far as rebutting WOS87's facts, ask anybody here: Turnovers, miscues, and goofs are as much a part of the game as touchdowns, forced turnovers, and great tackling. Really good teams limit the bad and maximize on the good to keep them in the win column.

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 01:21 AM
I have nothing against Brownwood, but i hope they lay a big goose egg in 3a. It is Brownwwod and they have had good succsess in 4a and they will have succsess in 3a they should be in everybody top 5!!

WELCOME TO HOW PEOPLE FELT ABOUT CELINA WHEN THEY MOVED UP!

YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE? PUT BROWNWOOD IN YOUR TOP 5. IS THIS LIKE T-MOBILE'S FAVE 5?

1. WHO CARES
2. WHO CARES
3. WHO CARES
4. WHO CARES
5. BROWNWOOD, SCRATCH THAT --- WHO CARES!

Old Tiger
03-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
WELCOME TO HOW PEOPLE FELT ABOUT CELINA WHEN THEY MOVED UP!

YOU HEAR THAT EVERYONE? PUT BROWNWOOD IN YOUR TOP 5. IS THIS LIKE T-MOBILE'S FAVE 5?

1. WHO CARES
2. WHO CARES
3. WHO CARES
4. WHO CARES
5. BROWNWOOD, SCRATCH THAT --- WHO CARES! gay gay gay

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
gay gay gay YOUR GAY. I'VE SEEN ALOT OF REFERENCE TO IT ON THIS BOARD, SO IT MUST BE TRUE! NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOU BEING GAY! WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!

navscanmaster
03-10-2008, 01:25 AM
YOUR GAY. I'VE SEEN ALOT OF REFERENCE TO IT ON THIS BOARD, SO IT MUST BE TRUE! NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH YOU BEING GAY! WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!

I can picture you slamming each key into the keyboard as you type.:D

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 01:27 AM
I can picture you slamming each key into the keyboard as you type.:D I BET GO BLUE CAN PICTURE YOU NAKED! IF I WERE YOU I'D RUN DUDE!

TexanFan4Life
03-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Can someone please tell me why Sealy isn't in anybody's (except mine) Top 5? There was some buzz about it on the board shortly after the season, but it's died down a lot. Just curious. Thanks for the opinions.

navscanmaster
03-10-2008, 01:30 AM
I BET GO BLUE CAN PICTURE YOU NAKED! IF I WERE YOU I'D RUN DUDE!

Ahhh, he's going down south. Plenty of hard bodies to gawk at down there. Thought he was supposed to be gone by now, though.:thinking: :confused: :(

DU_stud04
03-10-2008, 01:31 AM
I BET GO BLUE CAN PICTURE YOU NAKED! IF I WERE YOU I'D RUN DUDE! :clap: :clap: :clap:

DU_stud04
03-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Can someone please tell me why Sealy isn't in anybody's (except mine) Top 5? There was some buzz about it on the board shortly after the season, but it's died down a lot. Just curious. Thanks for the opinions.
WHO CARES? what they said. :D

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Ahhh, he's going down south. Plenty of hard bodies to gawk at down there. :eek: :eek: WOW DUDE TMI, TMI.

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 01:34 AM

YOU ARE JUST ASKING FOR TROUBLE! ASKING FOR OPINIONS AND ALL.

navscanmaster
03-10-2008, 01:35 AM

We all know they will be good, but top 5? I know my Rattlers will be good, but even I can't rate them in the top 5. They will probably be after Navasota and Madisonville in the rankings, but there are teams above them that proved something this last year and have a favorable returning crop this year. I wish them the best, and I think they will probably meet West Orange Stark in the playoffs and slug it out in a classic.

SNYDER325TIGERS
03-10-2008, 01:49 AM

1. SNYDER
2. Celina
3. Liberty Hill
4. Gilmer
5. Abilene Wylie

I don't know bout all that STR but we deff. top 5...people can say we were a one man team but the boys deff. earned there spot last season.

Panther One
03-10-2008, 03:18 AM
What have they done to warrant a top five ranking? They were 7-4 last year. The only win they had over an opponent with a winning record was their 31-28 victory over Needville. Their most impressive game was a 21-12 loss to Giddings in the playoffs. They lost two games by a combined 51 points to start the year. Their district was full of weaklings like Stafford, Wharton, Royal, and Sweeny who were all below average teams. They may have a solid nucleus coming back next year, but based on that body of work, nothing justifies putting them above the likes of Liberty Hill, Celina, Brownwood, La Vega, China Spring, etc. There are too many teams that haven proven themselves over the past year or two with solid groups coming back. Sealy might be a top 25 team to start the year. If they want to be top five, they'll have to win their way up the polls.

Texasfootball2
03-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Snyder? HAHA

Liberty Hill
Celina
Brownwood
Waco La Vega
Gilmer
Abiliene Wylie

I totally agree with these teams. Makes good sense to start the season based on the end of last season. As far as I'm concerened you can throw Snyder in the pre-season top ten. It all makes for a good consversation but it usually takes care of itself.:D

Old Tiger
03-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Sealy should do well... :)

Daddy D 11
03-10-2008, 08:52 AM
I'd watch out for Rockdale, they will only be better than last year:clap:

and Carthage will punish some teams this year.

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 08:53 AM
1. SNYDER
FINALLY SOMEONE WITH GOOD FOOTBALL SENSE!

Daddy D 11
03-10-2008, 08:56 AM
FINALLY SOMEONE WITH GOOD FOOTBALL SENSE!

or both of you have no sense at all?:thinking: :D

Texasfootball2
03-10-2008, 09:03 AM
The fact is, there are a lot of teams that will do well. There will be some surprises and some disappointments. Preseason polls can only be based on two factors. Where did they finish last year and how many returning starters do they have returning. There are a lot of programs who play a lot of different player and have good depth. On paper these teams do not officially have a lot of "returning starters", but they have a lot of quality returning players. Some of these programs also have JV's that went 10-0, 9-1, or even 8-2 and will have some very good and seasoned players moving up. These factors will not play in any preseason polls but are the factors that people who are familiar with these programs are basing their argument on. Take "Sealy" for instense. I peronally know very little about Sealy, and based on what they done would not put them on any poll for any reason. But Sealy could very well be one of those teams where they have a lot of good kids coming back and may surprise a lot of people.

pirate4state
03-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Actually, he never made reference to any particular poster. When I read his post, I understood it as a little "FYI" for those posters who HAD ranked Bwood in the top 5. No harm, no foul, IMO.

Black_Magic
03-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I don't know bout all that STR but we deff. top 5...people can say we were a one man team but the boys deff. earned there spot last season. Snyder had 2 other backs with 1000 yards last year. the full back had 1000 and averaged 11 ypc.
As far as the one man team comment. I remember that being said about Dee Walker.:rolleyes: Since then we have churned out 3 district titles and two consecutive years goning at least 4 games deep in the playoffs. Snyder must tend to have ONE MAN just about every year.:rolleyes:

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 09:58 AM
or both of you have no sense at all?:thinking: :D
WHATEVER. DOES YOUR NAME ON HERE MEAN THAT YOU ARE 11 YEARS OLD?

LionKing
03-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Settle down. WOS87 is a valuable asset to this board, and he is pretty darn unbiased about everything. He can shed light into any argument with his HUGE database that he has compiled of EVERY SINGLE 3A TEAM in the state, not just WOS. He simply provides facts. If those facts tick you off to the point of insulting him, you need a breather from organized sports as it seems they have consumed your judgement. I agree WOS87 is very good, I've seen his work on other sites, he seems unbiased most of the time and does provide facts, however; score comparing to prove how good a team will do against other teams isn't a fact, just an opinion, teams play different against different teams every week, team A beats team B , team A then loses to team C , team B beats team C. (team A was DI state finalist Copperas Cove) That illustration happened to Brownwood this past season, comparing scores of like opponents makes for great talk, but rarely ever proves how one team will actually do against another.

NastySlot
03-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
I agree WOS87 is very good, I've seen his work on other sites, he seems unbiased most of the time and does provide facts, however; score comparing to prove how good a team will do against other teams isn't a fact, just an opinion, teams play different against different teams every week, team A beats team B , team A then loses to team C , team B beats team C. (team A was DI state finalist Copperas Cove) That illustration happened to Brownwood this past season, comparing scores of like opponents makes for great talk, but rarely ever proves how one team will actually do against another.

good point with cove...how much different would it have been with the cove qb in the game the entire time?

jason
03-10-2008, 10:58 AM
I agree WOS87 is very good, I've seen his work on other sites, he seems unbiased most of the time and does provide facts, however; score comparing to prove how good a team will do against other teams isn't a fact, just an opinion, teams play different against different teams every week, team A beats team B , team A then loses to team C , team B beats team C. (team A was DI state finalist Copperas Cove) That illustration happened to Brownwood this past season, comparing scores of like opponents makes for great talk, but rarely ever proves how one team will actually do against another. brownwood beating cove was a fluke

jason
03-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
good point with cove...how much different would it have been with the cove qb in the game the entire time? it wouldnt have been close

Lion_Addict
03-10-2008, 10:59 AM
good point with cove...how much different would it have been with the cove qb in the game the entire time?

Depends on whether we would have kept pounding his butt into the ground as we were doing before he got tossed

Lion_Addict
03-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by jason
brownwood beating cove was a fluke

Gee, we haven't heard that one.....:D

LionKing
03-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by jason
it wouldnt have been close The year before, Griffin played the whole game and it was a close game, it was a one td game until Cove added another td before game ended.

eppy 12
03-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Depends on whether we would have kept pounding his butt into the ground as we were doing before he got tossed griffin definately hurt his own stock by displaying that lack of discipline:o

Texasfootball2
03-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by eppy 12
griffin definately hurt his own stock by displaying that lack of discipline:o

I really don't know how you can say he hurt his own stock. He had already commited to Houston because of Art Briles and he change his commitment to Baylor because of Coach Briles. He graduated at midterm and is in school and going through spring training as we speak. What he did in the Brownwood game had no impact on his future.

STANG RED
03-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Brownwood is the new kid on the block, and we on dlow do love to give the new kid a hard time for sure. Unless of course if they suck, then we dont mess with em too much, unless they come on here claiming greatness with nothing to back it up. Then its Katy bar the door.:D
I think we all know Bwood has a top notch program and will compete very well in 3A, and I think we all welcome the challenge. But what the Bwood faithful have to realize is this. You wont be playing us in weeks 0 thru 5 anymore, when we are still trying to figure out who the starters are going to be, and who is going to step up. You will now be playing in probably the toughest 3A district in the state, and will be playing in a meaningful game every week of district play, against teams that have proven to be very formidable foes year in and year out.
Realistically, Bwood should probably be the top team in the district this next season, but even so, I'd bet good money they will not go undefeated in district play! Someone will jump up and surprise them for sure, and dont be surprised if it happens more than once. This is a great district, and I can hardly wait till it all gets started. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the best HS football in the state out of this district on a weekly basis. The cell phone text messaging bills will be out of site. I'm gonna have to get unlimited texting before the season starts for sure. I'm looking forward to getting a couple of you Bwood Lions numbers, so we can keep each other updated on scores during the games.

NastySlot
03-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I really don't know how you can say he hurt his own stock. He had already commited to Houston because of Art Briles and he change his commitment to Baylor because of Coach Briles. He graduated at midterm and is in school and going through spring training as we speak. What he did in the Brownwood game had no impact on his future.

you beat me to the post......robert griffin is a great kid....and the out burst was not typical of him....so that night in no way hurt his stock.

Lion_Addict
03-10-2008, 11:53 AM
But what the Bwood faithful have to realize is this. You wont be playing us in weeks 0 thru 5 anymore, when we are still trying to figure out who the starters are going to be, and who is going to step up. You will now be playing in probably the toughest 3A district in the state, and will be playing in a meaningful game every week of district play, against teams that have proven to be very formidable foes year in and year out.

Good post my Red friend. Trust me when I say, we do realize what you said. We aren't expecting any less than a big ole "fight" each & every week. It's most definately gonna be the toughest district in the state, and our boys are gonna have to step it up against every team we match up against this upcoming season. Just know....."most" of us are aware of what's in store, and what it's gonna take. But also, we are aware of what we will be putting on the field and are very confident in what our young men are capable of.

ronwx5x
03-10-2008, 01:25 PM
The year before, Griffin played the whole game and it was a close game, it was a one td game until Cove added another td before game ended.

Is that ,like, a 2 TD loss then?

NastySlot
03-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Is that ,like, a 2 TD loss then?

man it's a good thing they didn't score three or four more after that one td....then it would have been 3-4 td. loss.

orange machine
03-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Not everybody thinks like the orange machine:rolleyes:

What do you mean not everybody thinks like me. Liberty Hill and Celina should be number 1 and 2 until they get beat also Brownwood is a top 5 team. Not saying that Liberty Hill or Brownwood can beat Celina, but they have the best chance of anybody in 3a.

BwdLions
03-10-2008, 01:52 PM
So far from the few weeks I've been a poster here, I've got a real kick of some of you people. You can't stand it that Brownwood dropped down to 3-A. Are you scared of an eventual meeting with the Lions, or is it envy? Almost every post ends up being dominated with Brownwood as the main storyline. :kiss:

eppy 12
03-10-2008, 01:55 PM
I really don't know how you can say he hurt his own stock. He had already commited to Houston because of Art Briles and he change his commitment to Baylor because of Coach Briles. He graduated at midterm and is in school and going through spring training as we speak. What he did in the Brownwood game had no impact on his future. just an opinion.

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
So far from the few weeks I've been a poster here, I've got a real kick of some of you people. You can't stand it that Brownwood dropped down to 3-A. Are you scared of an eventual meeting with the Lions, or is it envy? Almost every post ends up being dominated with Brownwood as the main storyline. :kiss:
YES THE ENTIRE STATE IS QUAKING IN THEIR BOOTS I'M SURE. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

orange machine
03-10-2008, 02:03 PM

If anything im supporting Brownwood. Most people dont think Brownwood should be in the top 10 they think Brownwood should have to prove something first.

TexanFan4Life
03-10-2008, 02:16 PM
I know Brownwood has a returning Safety that just committed to UT, but what other impact players do they have coming back?

LionKing
03-10-2008, 02:18 PM
man it's a good thing they didn't score three or four more after that one td....then it would have been 3-4 td. loss. Yea, or turned the ball over, lost their momentum, gave up 3 or4 tds, then lost the game they shoulda won. Sometimes it works the other way.

orange machine
03-10-2008, 02:19 PM
I know Brownwood has a returning Safety that just committed to UT, but what other impact players do they have coming back?

QB is coming back and i think being recruited by ND and they have a few on the Oline coming back.

orange machine
03-10-2008, 02:21 PM
For whatever reason Brownwood reminds me of a smaller Gilmer.

LionKing
03-10-2008, 02:25 PM
I know Brownwood has a returning Safety that just committed to UT, but what other impact players do they have coming back? The QB who just commited to TCU, an O-Lineman that is getting several D1 looks, 2 receivers and 2 linemen returning on offense, defense is where there will be less experience, with only 3-4 players I believe that either started or played a lot, including UT commit K. Vaccaro.

orange machine
03-10-2008, 02:27 PM
The QB who just commited to TCU, an O-Lineman that is getting several D1 looks, 2 receivers and 2 linemen returning on offense, defense is where there will be less experience, with only 3-4 players I believe that either started or played a lot, including UT commit K. Vaccaro.

Yeah all that.

Texasfootball2
03-10-2008, 02:31 PM
The QB who just commited to TCU, an O-Lineman that is getting several D1 looks, 2 receivers and 2 linemen returning on offense, defense is where there will be less experience, with only 3-4 players I believe that either started or played a lot, including UT commit K. Vaccaro.

Just FYI LionKing. There are posters on this board who have cut and pasted these kinds of comments and are storing them away for the right time. I'm not a hater either, I love the rivarly that has developed between Wylie and Bwood, but your setting yourself you bigtime with people on this board as soon as Brownwood loses a game and it won't matter to whom they lose to. Like I said FYI:D

cshscougar08
03-10-2008, 02:32 PM
What do you mean not everybody thinks like me. Liberty Hill and Celina should be number 1 and 2 until they get beat also Brownwood is a top 5 team. Not saying that Liberty Hill or Brownwood can beat Celina, but they have the best chance of anybody in 3a.

Ahem. We were a tipped pass away. . .:D

LionKing
03-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Just FYI LionKing. There are posters on this board who have cut and pasted these kinds of comments and are storing them away for the right time. I'm not a hater either, I love the rivarly that has developed between Wylie and Bwood, but your setting yourself you bigtime with people on this board as soon as Brownwood loses a game and it won't matter to whom they lose to. Like I said FYI:D Thanks, I haven't posted anything that wasn't true, they can cut and paste all they want, it still won't help, even the best teams will lose some time or another. I just always remember what my dad always says :
''If they weren't worried about you, they wouldn't be talking about you'', so true in everything.

DU_stud04
03-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks, I haven't posted anything that wasn't true, they can cut and paste all they want, it still won't help, even the best teams will lose some time or another. I just always remember what my dad always says :
''If they weren't worried about you, they wouldn't be talking about you'', so true in everything. everyone talks about snyder but no body is worried about them :D

LionKing
03-10-2008, 02:49 PM
I don't talk about Snyder.

LH Panther Mom
03-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
everyone talks about snyder but no body is worried about them :D
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: Hops is going to come looking for you. :devil:

DU_stud04
03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: Hops is going to come looking for you. :devil: :evil:

rockdale80
03-10-2008, 03:42 PM
BROWNWOOD IS GOOD!!!!!

pirate4state
03-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
BROWNWOOD IS GOOD!!!!! :doh: :dispntd:

rockdale80
03-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:doh: :dispntd:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pirate4state
03-10-2008, 03:54 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you have just lost all your sweetwater fans :cool:

Sweetwater Red
03-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
you have just lost all your sweetwater fans :cool:

You have no idea how betrayed we feel.:(

Apparently Rockdale is a wagon jumper like his buddy Go Blue.:thinking: :D

gatordaze
03-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Ahem. We were a tipped pass away. . .:D

You mean overthrow...

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/cs10.jpg

Displaced Texan
03-10-2008, 08:12 PM

I for one am so glad Brownwood dropped to 3A. I have grown tired of the built in excuse that y'all have used the last few years that you should be 3A. You will find out the playing field in 3A will be hard on and that there are no excuses for not winning now. The Lions have not been much of a factor the last 22 or 23 years but the people there think they in the late 70's and early 80's.:rolleyes:

Tin Cup
03-10-2008, 09:17 PM
We are glad to be in 3a now...we do feel that we are on a level playing field now and that we can compete and beat anyone...but that doesnt mean we will...thats why we play the game...i can promise you i would rather play celina, liberty hill, snyder, wylie ect than waco high and copp cove...we are all very excited about this upcoming season...thats the beauty of hs football

Who-dun-it!!?
03-11-2008, 12:13 AM

1. SNYDER
2. Celina
3. Liberty Hill
4. Gilmer
5. Abilene Wylie

Son, why do you do this to yourself?:rolleyes:
Snyder will certainly be better than people give them credit for, but we got an uphill battle next year.

SNYDER325TIGERS
03-11-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Snyder had 2 other backs with 1000 yards last year. the full back had 1000 and averaged 11 ypc.
As far as the one man team comment. I remember that being said about Dee Walker.:rolleyes: Since then we have churned out 3 district titles and two consecutive years goning at least 4 games deep in the playoffs. Snyder must tend to have ONE MAN just about every year.:rolleyes:

I hear ya...

Who-dun-it!!?
03-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Brownwood is the new kid on the block, and we on dlow do love to give the new kid a hard time for sure. Unless of course if they suck, then we dont mess with em too much, unless they come on here claiming greatness with nothing to back it up. Then its Katy bar the door.:D
I think we all know Bwood has a top notch program and will compete very well in 3A, and I think we all welcome the challenge. But what the Bwood faithful have to realize is this. You wont be playing us in weeks 0 thru 5 anymore, when we are still trying to figure out who the starters are going to be, and who is going to step up. You will now be playing in probably the toughest 3A district in the state, and will be playing in a meaningful game every week of district play, against teams that have proven to be very formidable foes year in and year out.
Realistically, Bwood should probably be the top team in the district this next season, but even so, I'd bet good money they will not go undefeated in district play! Someone will jump up and surprise them for sure, and dont be surprised if it happens more than once. This is a great district, and I can hardly wait till it all gets started. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the best HS football in the state out of this district on a weekly basis. The cell phone text messaging bills will be out of site. I'm gonna have to get unlimited texting before the season starts for sure. I'm looking forward to getting a couple of you Bwood Lions numbers, so we can keep each other updated on scores during the games.

:clap: :clap: Man its hard to compliment a mustang, but great post!

Who-dun-it!!?
03-11-2008, 12:33 AM
QB is coming back and i think being recruited by ND and they have a few on the Oline coming back.

I've never seen the QB play, but I hear he's awsome.

Who-dun-it!!?
03-11-2008, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
everyone talks about snyder but no body is worried about them :D

Snyder will again be considered lucky with every win in 2008. It seems they were picked to lose every week in the last few years but after proving to be a contender they will still be mocked until they win a title. Then they will have just gotten lucky again.

griff
03-11-2008, 07:01 AM
It's funny to watch this "everybody is picking Brownwood" conspiracy beginning to develop. We've seen this happen several times over the last few seasons...a traditionally strong 4A program drops to 3A and many OUTSIDE that school predict the new 3A kid on the block to win it all..and what does that tranlate into? The fans OUTSIDE that school (in this case Brownwood) are creating (and will continue creating) a false impression that the Brownwood folks are bragging about how good they are and how they'll dominate 3A. No such thing has happened, and everyone should wise up to this fact. We saw the same cycle occur in recent years with Jasper and WO-S. Take note...the BROWNWOOD fans are not collectively screaming and hollering about how good they are.

Still, I can hear it a few months from now..."Those Brownwood fans are so cocky and arrogant!"

Lion_Addict
03-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by griff
It's funny to watch this "everybody is picking Brownwood" conspiracy beginning to develop. We've seen this happen several times over the last few seasons...a traditionally strong 4A program drops to 3A and many OUTSIDE that school predict the new 3A kid on the block to win it all..and what does that tranlate into? The fans OUTSIDE that school (in this case Brownwood) are creating (and will continue creating) a false impression that the Brownwood folks are bragging about how good they are and how they'll dominate 3A. No such thing has happened, and everyone should wise up to this fact. We saw the same cycle occur in recent years with Jasper and WO-S. Take note...the BROWNWOOD fans are not collectively screaming and hollering about how good they are.

Still, I can hear it a few months from now..."Those Brownwood fans are so cocky and arrogant!"

THANK YOU!:clap:

Ranger Mom
03-11-2008, 10:06 AM

There was some pretty cocky WOS fans, you HAVE to admit that!!

Remember SansCouth going over to their site???:clap:

pirate4state
03-11-2008, 10:21 AM

Anyone who can read KNOWS what's really going on, but thanks for the summary Griff!! :D

Think of it as an initiation process. Only the strong survive. ROFL!

STANG RED
03-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Who-dun-it!!?
:clap: :clap: Man its hard to compliment a mustang, but great post!

What can I say? We do have our moments.;)

These well thought out serious posts arent nearly as fun as mindlessly bashing on Snyder at every opportunity, but occasionally they do have to be said.:D
Now
Here kitty kitty, here kitty kitty, here kitty kitty,,,,,,,,,,,,,WHOP!:p

Cheap thrills can be so satisfying sometimes.:devil:

DaHop72
03-11-2008, 11:25 AM
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: Hops is going to come looking for you. :devil: Nah, it's juggs. He's kind of a big deal and people know him.:D :D

waterboy
03-11-2008, 01:01 PM
For whatever reason Brownwood reminds me of a smaller Gilmer.
Please elaborate on this one, orange machine. How does Brownwood remind you of Gilmer?

rockdale80
03-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
You have no idea how betrayed we feel.:(

Apparently Rockdale is a wagon jumper like his buddy Go Blue.:thinking: :D

Sorry Sweetwater....Brownwood has spoken. They claim to be the best team this year and I belive them. Surely you dont believe that any other team has a chance...
Brownwood was 4a guys , so try to be realistic.

LionKing
03-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Sorry Sweetwater....Brownwood has spoken. They claim to be the best team this year and I belive them. Surely you dont believe that any other team has a chance...
Brownwood was 4a guys , so try to be realistic. Who has spoken????

Texasfootball2
03-11-2008, 02:06 PM
"For whatever reason Brownwood reminds me of a smaller Gilmer"

Waterboy, I think they are referring to having so many D1 prospects. Just my guess though.

STANG RED
03-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Brownwood was 4a guys , so try to be realistic.

You are probably right. But pardon us and the rest of the district if we dont just lay down and hand it to them on a silver platter.
They'll have to play their butts off every week to earn it! And nobody is going to make it easy on them!

bwdlionfan
03-11-2008, 03:12 PM
You are probably right. But pardon us and the rest of the district if we dont just lay down and hand it to them on a silver platter.
They'll have to play their butts off every week to earn it! And nobody is going to make it easy on them!

You guys laid down and took it last year....

Sweetwater Red
03-11-2008, 03:18 PM

Last year? That means about as much as Sweetwater beating
Brownwood 52-13 back in 1949 now doesn't it?:thinking:

bwdlionfan
03-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Last year? That means about as much as Sweetwater beating
Brownwood 52-13 back in 1949 now doesn't it?:thinking:

I don't know that I'd say that

BobcatBenny
03-11-2008, 03:25 PM
I may have to defect and become LionBenny! :D

Man, I miss BILLYFRED0000. He could hang with these Brownwood fans.

nobogey72
03-11-2008, 03:32 PM

I'm all for good natured trash talk but IMO this comment crosses the line. It was indeed a lopsided score, but I don't think anybody "laid down and took it". Just keep on running your mouth bwdlionfan. Makes for some good post long about Oct and Nov. I know these guys from Sweetwater seem a little..well..uh. challenged, but I can assure you they have good memories. In fact they are kindof like my wife, cept spelled different. She may be overweight but she's got good mamories, I mean memory.

bwdlionfan
03-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I'm all for good natured trash talk but IMO this comment crosses the line. It was indeed a lopsided score, but I don't think anybody "laid down and took it". Just keep on running your mouth bwdlionfan. Makes for some good post long about Oct and Nov. I know these guys from Sweetwater seem a little..well..uh. challenged, but I can assure you they have good memories. In fact they are kindof like my wife, cept spelled different. She may be overweight but she's got good mamories, I mean memory.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, I'll try to trash talk nicer next time

I_DONT_CARE
03-11-2008, 04:06 PM
GREAT! ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE NICEY-NICE FOLKS. :rolleyes: :doh:

I_DONT_CARE
03-11-2008, 04:09 PM
JUST KIDDING WITH YOU ABOUT THE "NICEY-NICE" COMMENT. JUST KEEP ON KEEPING ON. :D

Sweetwater Red
03-11-2008, 04:10 PM
GREAT! ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE NICEY-NICE FOLKS. :rolleyes: :doh:

TIMBUCKTU SUCKS!:rolleyes:

I_DONT_CARE
03-11-2008, 04:13 PM
TIMBUCKTU SUCKS!:rolleyes:
YEAH, SO? I ALREADY SAID THAT THE OTHER DAY SO NO NEWS TO ME. :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
03-11-2008, 04:15 PM
YEAH, SO? I ALREADY SAID THAT THE OTHER DAY SO NO NEWS TO ME. :rolleyes:

ASK ME IF I CARE.:rolleyes:

pirate4state
03-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I may have to defect and become LionBenny! :D

Man, I miss BILLYFRED0000. He could hang with these Brownwood fans.

:confused:

Did you run him off or is he gonna be strictly a Aug-Dec poster? :thinking:

CelinaCatFan
03-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Don't put Celina in the top 5, 10, or whatever poll...who cares? Besides, we like flying in under the radar!

Sweetwater Red
03-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
Don't put Celina in the top 5, 10, or whatever poll...who cares? Besides, we like flying in under the radar!

Flying under the radar?:confused:

If anything Celina along with Liberty Hill have huge targets on
their backs. That's what happens when you're the defending
champion in any sport and at any level.:thinking:

STANG RED
03-11-2008, 04:59 PM

Yea yall beat up on a bunch of sophs that hadnt figured out their positions or what varsity ball was all about yet. Whooopie,,,,,,,,,, I hope it was fun. If you had played them 5 or 6 weeks later, you would have seen a completely different team. It wont be the same next time around I assure you.

bwdlionfan
03-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Yea yall beat up on a bunch of sophs that hadnt figured out their positions or what varsity ball was all about yet. Whooopie,,,,,,,,,, I hope it was fun. If you had played them 5 or 6 weeks later, you would have seen a completely different team. It wont be the same next time around I assure you.

Just like the year before when Sweetwater beat Brownwood by a field goal in the closing seconds? Brownwood was a team of very young players and still trying to find themselves, heck, we hadn't even found our QB yet at that point. So we could use the same excuse, but atleast we kept it within 45 points.

You do know this is all in good fun I hope, don't get your feelings hurt like our friend from Taylor County!

I_DONT_CARE
03-11-2008, 05:39 PM
ASK ME IF I CARE.:rolleyes:
HERE. I FOUND THESE JUST FOR YOU. TAKE YOUR PICK.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5310/gilmersnyderyi5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.sallys-place.com/food/columns/zonis/Best_Cookie-20.jpg

BobcatBenny
03-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Can I change my user name to I_aM_sO_cOnFuSeD?

Makes sense because I never understand or get women. :doh:

rockdale80
03-11-2008, 06:50 PM

You should hand it to them on a gold platter. Clearly you dont understand that Brownwood was 4a last year and deserves the respect that comes with having a larger enrollment. The sooner everyone realizes that Bwood is going to win state next year (in both divisions) the better it will be for the rest of 3a. I think if we give them the credit they deserve they will lighten up on the rest of us. ;)

bwdlionfan
03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
You should hand it to them on a gold platter. Clearly you dont understand that Brownwood was 4a last year and deserves the respect that comes with having a larger enrollment. The sooner everyone realizes that Bwood is going to win state next year (in both divisions) the better it will be for the rest of 3a. I think if we give them the credit they deserve they will lighten up on the rest of us. ;)

Funny you say that about having a larger enrollment when we aren't even the largest school in our new district.

rockdale80
03-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Funny you say that about having a larger enrollment when we aren't even the largest school in our new district.

Funny? I was talking about last year.

Just be gentle with us. We are just small 3a schools that know nothing of the fierce competition Brownwood is capable of. :)

coach
03-11-2008, 10:53 PM
talk about criticism

orange machine
03-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
talk about criticism

Just trying to make a point not trying to be a turd..

STANG RED
03-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Just like the year before when Sweetwater beat Brownwood by a field goal in the closing seconds? Brownwood was a team of very young players and still trying to find themselves, heck, we hadn't even found our QB yet at that point. So we could use the same excuse, but atleast we kept it within 45 points.

You do know this is all in good fun I hope, don't get your feelings hurt like our friend from Taylor County!

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Hmmmmm, so you want to hang your hat on a game you lost by only 3 points to a team in a smaller classification, and slightly more than half your enrollment.
OK buddy, what ever floats your boat.:p

orange machine
03-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Hey stand red are you the one that i met at wataburger before the Celina, Snyder game? You were with the Snyder man.

STANG RED
03-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Hey stand red are you the one that i met at wataburger before the Celina, Snyder game? You were with the Snyder man.

No, I was out of town that weekend and didnt get to make that game. I forget now where I had to go, but I sure hated having to miss that game. I hope to get to see yall play this next season though.

orange machine
03-11-2008, 11:25 PM
No, I was out of town that weekend and didnt get to make that game. I forget now where I had to go, but I sure hated having to miss that game. I hope to get to see yall play this next season though.

Well crap, I hope you get to see us play to.

bwdlionfan
03-11-2008, 11:46 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Hmmmmm, so you want to hang your hat on a game you lost by only 3 points to a team in a smaller classification, and slightly more than half your enrollment.
OK buddy, what ever floats your boat.:p

I think I'm missing the part where I made an indication I wanted to hang my hat on that one

nobogey72
03-12-2008, 06:37 AM

Hey, I didn't get my feelings hurt. Talk bad about my dog, or my golf clubs and I'll get my feelings hurt. Saying Sweetwater "laid down and took it" pi%%ed me off. Bad choice of words. I'm not POed anymore. I read a couple of chapters of a book that always settles me down when I'm mad. "How To Build a Pipebomb" by JimmY Joe Brubaker has always had a calming effect on me. :D

griff
03-12-2008, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
There was some pretty cocky WOS fans, you HAVE to admit that!!

Remember SansCouth going over to their site???:clap:

There was ONE loud mouth fan from WO-S who was very cocky (and he still posts here), and alot of NON-WO-S posters building hype for their first season in 3A back then. This is what most people forget. The majority of WO-S fans here (the ones pirate4state met) never predicted WO-S to win state or dominate 3A. Gotta stick up for my boys...

All Brownwood fans on this forum should prepare to be confused by the masses.

HEMOTOXIC
03-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Liberty Hill and Celina are my top two. Until they are knocked from their thrown, they will continue to be my top two.

Good luck to all teams.

Go Rattlers!

1. Liberty Hill
2. Celina
3. Gilmer
4. La Vega
5. WOS
6. Cuero
7. Navasota- If the Rattlers' defense improves this fall, they will be a monster in region III/state.

Ranger Mom
03-12-2008, 09:42 AM
There was ONE loud mouth fan from WO-S who was very cocky (and he still posts here), and alot of NON-WO-S posters building hype for their first season in 3A back then. This is what most people forget. The majority of WO-S fans here (the ones pirate4state met) never predicted WO-S to win state or dominate 3A. Gotta stick up for my boys...

All Brownwood fans on this forum should prepare to be confused by the masses.

I beg to differ and I looked back over posts before I said anything, but I am not gonna sit here and argue about it!:hand:

SNYDER325TIGERS
03-12-2008, 09:46 AM

FOSHO!

BwdLions
03-12-2008, 10:32 AM
HERE. I FOUND THESE JUST FOR YOU. TAKE YOUR PICK.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5310/gilmersnyderyi5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.sallys-place.com/food/columns/zonis/Best_Cookie-20.jpg

Real impressive pics. Do you not know where the caps lock button is located on your keyboard?

I_DONT_CARE
03-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Real impressive pics. Do you not know where the caps lock button is located on your keyboard?
YES, I DO. THANKS FOR ASKING!

STANG RED
03-12-2008, 10:38 AM

Of course he does. I know he's used it at least once anyway.:D

Silverback 04
03-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Too early for predictions. I remember last year at halftime of the LH vs Wimberley game I says to my buddie, "There ain't no way we're gonna repeat as State Champs with this half-assed team!"
Goes to show you what I know. In December I was saying "I knew we waz gonna win it all along, cuz I played a little ball in my day!"

I_DONT_CARE
03-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Of course he does. I know he's used it at least once anyway.:D
:D HAHAHA!

griff
03-14-2008, 05:53 AM
:D