PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Baseball Wins Double Header

Buffgal
03-08-2008, 11:57 PM
La Grange Tournament rains out, Giddings schedules double header on Saturday against Rockdale and Cameron.

Giddings 8
Rockdale 5

Giddings 13
Cameron 5

Giddings next game, Tues 7 pm vs St Stephens,
Friday 7 pm vs Rockdale
(both games in Giddings)

giddingsblazer2
03-09-2008, 12:48 PM
no love for the buffs after knocking off 2 top twenty teams....not to mention tying taylor 13-13 in a game we should have won!!!....but i'll take the split over cameron on the year....i know that chaps their butts!!

pirate4state
03-09-2008, 02:59 PM
what kind of love do you want? THBCA hasn't come out with any polls yet and I don't know if the AP has either. Right now, 3abaseball.com is the only site with rankings. I'd stop worrying about rankings and keep on doing what you're doing --- winning. The rest will take care of itself.

CueroDad08
03-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
what kind of love do you want? THBCA hasn't come out with any polls yet and I don't know if the AP has either. Right now, 3abaseball.com is the only site with rankings. I'd stop worrying about rankings and keep on doing what you're doing --- winning. The rest will take care of itself.

Thank you, "But I am sure that will not keep him from posting a need for love" He has no clue rankings dont play the game.

yoemenkracker30
03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
who pitched for cameron?

c-town_balla
03-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Jake....he was a lilbit off

.2 IP 8 ER

hookandladder
03-10-2008, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal
La Grange Tournament rains out, Giddings schedules double header on Saturday against Rockdale and Cameron.

Giddings 8
Rockdale 5

Giddings 13
Cameron 5

Giddings next game, Tues 7 pm vs St Stephens,
Friday 7 pm vs Rockdale
(both games in Giddings)

La Grange coach canceled the tournament and then played a double hitter on Saturday. Seems to me if it was playable on Saturday you could have played all day Sat..

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by giddingsblazer2
no love for the buffs after knocking off 2 top twenty teams.... WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A TROPHY OR A COOKIE? TAKE YOUR PICK! :rolleyes:

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_on_1_31_2005_02_06_09/trophy1.jpg0d5d466f-cf96-44b0-bb92-775571997f9fLarge.jpg

http://www.sallys-place.com/food/columns/zonis/Best_Cookie-20.jpg

buff4ever
03-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
La Grange coach canceled the tournament and then played a double hitter on Saturday. Seems to me if it was playable on Saturday you could have played all day Sat..

I thought cancelling the tourny was pretty weak myself, but that's just me.

buff4ever
03-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by giddingsblazer2
no love for the buffs after knocking off 2 top twenty teams....not to mention tying taylor 13-13 in a game we should have won!!!....but i'll take the split over cameron on the year....i know that chaps their butts!!

hey blaze, you just keep the bats rolling, Gidding will not get any respect in baseball untill they can carry the momentum past the 5th game of district. We always seem to blow it the second time around in district. Prolly b/c by then everyone has seen the only pitcher we got.

Keep it up, be different and you will get it.

Buffgal
03-10-2008, 08:09 AM
The Giddings vs Cameron & Rockdale games were played in Giddings.
Not sure about the decision to cancel the La Grange tournament. La Grange area must have gotten more rain than Giddings.
It is always disappointing to have to cancel when your teams need to have the good quality at bats and see the pitching.
I think the Buffs would have liked a chance to play Hutto again. Just very glad that Giddings got to play two good teams with the weather messing everything up and district play right around the corner.

Never worry about any rankings, or trophies or cookies, just play with commitment to being on top at the end of the game.
You are getting respect from everyone who matters right now. Keep winning and the rest will come around.

Daddy D 11
03-10-2008, 08:57 AM
How'd Rockdale and Cameron look?

pirate4state
03-10-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE A TROPHY OR A COOKIE? TAKE YOUR PICK! :rolleyes:

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_on_1_31_2005_02_06_09/trophy1.jpg0d5d466f-cf96-44b0-bb92-775571997f9fLarge.jpg

http://www.sallys-place.com/food/columns/zonis/Best_Cookie-20.jpg

wow guy a football trophy in a baseball thread? :thumbsup: nice one.

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
SEEMS TO ME THAT MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOUR COACHING DEGREE. THAT WAY YOU CAN MAKE ALL THE RIGHT DECISIONS. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: NOT THAT I CARE

Daddy D 11
03-10-2008, 09:05 AM
SEEMS TO ME THAT MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET YOUR COACHING DEGREE. THAT WAY YOU CAN MAKE ALL THE RIGHT DECISIONS. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: NOT THAT I CARE

easy IDC, dont get your feathers ruffed up...after all, you dont care:)

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
wow guy a football trophy in a baseball thread? :thumbsup: nice one.
IT WASN'T MY FIRST CHOICE, THAT IS BELOW. BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO APPEAR TO BE RUDE OR ANYTHING. AT LEAST IT WAS A SPORTS RELATED TROPHY. :rolleyes:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8149/horsesbuttawardjk8.jpg

pirate4state
03-10-2008, 09:16 AM
IT WASN'T MY FIRST CHOICE, THAT IS BELOW. BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO APPEAR TO BE RUDE OR ANYTHING. AT LEAST IT WAS A SPORTS RELATED TROPHY. :rolleyes:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/8149/horsesbuttawardjk8.jpg

That's you alright! :eek: :devil:

Buffgal
03-10-2008, 02:21 PM
How'd Rockdale and Cameron look?

Rockdale is a solid team, good hitting, aggressive, hustlers, well coached & disciplined. Giddings two homeruns probably didn't help anything but Rockdale had the same opportunity, same wind, same "popcorn park". Buffs bats made it happen at the right time. They meet again on Friday in Giddings. It will be a good game, well matched, could go either way. Hope it stops raining.

Cameron Yoe has very big kids. Glad we weren't lined up on the football field but all three games Giddings played against them, Cameron didn't really show anything special considering their preseason top 20 ranking. First game at the Rockdale Tournament, Yoe beat Buffs by 2 runs (Giddings played terrible defense, worse than a bad group of little leaguers, 8 errors in the infield alone). The shouting from Cameron's supporters were "just Bunt, they can't even field one!!!" It was the truth but still hard to hear, especially when you know the average age of the Buffs is 15 or 16 and they definitely had the first varsity game jitters.

Next 2 games vs the Yoemen, Giddings settled down defensively. Cameron came out with their best pitcher on Saturday (Cameron posters will have to confirm this, don't know if this is a fact) but Giddings had no trouble with scoring 8 runs in the first couple of innings. Everybody has an off day, but it was no 93 mph. With the size of the Yoeman, have been surprised at their lack of power with their bats. If they ever get connected with one, it's going to go a long way. Giddings has nothing extra special in the pitching department so I don't really know why Cameron had trouble at the plate.

44 Magnum
03-10-2008, 04:10 PM
That's win # 2 over the highly tauted Yoemen. Da Buffs beat Yoe in the Bell Rivals Tourney two weeks ago.

Sorry, I didn't see the previous post.