PDA

View Full Version : Rockets win 18th in a row!

Bull's-eye
03-08-2008, 10:48 PM
The Houston Rockets keep climbing in the record books winning their 18th straight game with a 106-96 win over the New Orleans Hornets. Houston now has the 4th longest winning streak in NBA history. T-Mac finished with 41 points, 9 assists and 6 boards. Rafer Alston chipped in 20 points and Shane Battier scored 10. Houston also set a team record for 3 pointers with 14.

zebrablue2
03-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The Houston Rockets keep climbing in the record books winning their 18th straight game with a 106-96 win over the New Orleans Hornets. Houston now has the 4th longest winning streak in NBA history. T-Mac finished with 41 points, 9 assists and 6 boards. Rafer Alston chipped in 20 points and Shane Battier scored 10. Houston also set a team record for 3 pointers with 14.

the little things battier does really help win games. he is MR. Hustle...

Bull's-eye
03-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
the little things battier does really help win games. he is MR. Hustle...

True, but don't forget Scola & Chuck Wagon.

zebrablue2
03-08-2008, 11:53 PM
True, but don't forget Scola & Chuck Wagon.

true-- this is and has been a TEAM effort..

Astrosdawg07
03-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
true-- this is and has been a TEAM effort..

That is what I love about it, this maybe one of most all around talented teams we have ever had.

Bull's-eye
03-09-2008, 12:26 AM
The Rockets trail San Antonio by 1-1/2 games in the Southwest division. The Spurs are at Phoenix this sunday, host Denver monday, at New Orleans wednesday, at Detroit friday and at Philadelphia on saturday. That's 5 games in 7 days, with 4 of them on the road and 2 pairs of back-to-back games. The Rockets host the Nets monday, at Atlanta wednesday and host Charlotte on friday. By the end of next week, Houston could be tied or leading the division .

eagles_victory
03-09-2008, 02:54 AM
The Rockets trail San Antonio by 1-1/2 games in the Southwest division. The Spurs are at Phoenix this sunday, host Denver monday, at New Orleans wednesday, at Detroit friday and at Philadelphia on saturday. That's 5 games in 7 days, with 4 of them on the road and 2 pairs of back-to-back games. The Rockets host the Nets monday, at Atlanta wednesday and host Charlotte on friday. By the end of next week, Houston could be tied or leading the division . People are going to look the stretch of games vs the Lakers, Celtics, and Hornets as the next tough stretch to keep the streak alive. However, Atlanta and Charlotte are two teams who arent consistently every night going to be great teams but they are capable of putting it together and possibly pulling an upset. There also two teams who if they dont show up the Rockets could have it decided by halftime.

Necks_Fan
03-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
People are going to look the stretch of games vs the Lakers, Celtics, and Hornets as the next tough stretch to keep the streak alive. However, Atlanta and Charlotte are two teams who arent consistently every night going to be great teams but they are capable of putting it together and possibly pulling an upset. There also two teams who if they dont show up the Rockets could have it decided by halftime. The Rockets have had what, 10 straight games decided by 10 points or more now? What makes you think they will just not show up one night?

The Rockets have beaten the better teams in the 2nd half and have had the lesser teams done by halftime in the streak and there's no reason to believe that won't continue in this next week.

Anyway, nice TEAM win and let's keep winning!

Sweetwater Red
03-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Does Yao Ming become trade bait?:thinking: :D

Bull's-eye
03-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Does Yao Ming become trade bait?:thinking: :D

No, the Rockets make too much money selling his merchandise. :D

STANG RED
03-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
The Rockets have had what, 10 straight games decided by 10 points or more now? What makes you think they will just not show up one night?

It's the NBA. It happens!

I saw Jordan and his Bulls not show up to play a few times and they got blown out. Same can be said for every great team that has ever played. It just happens some times.

Bull's-eye
03-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Spurs lose to Phoenix 94-87, Rockets only 1 game behind SA in the Southwest division.

Phil C
03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
I like basketball.

Bull's-eye
03-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Lakers lose to the Kings 114-113, Rockets only 1-1/2 games out of first place. Kobe picked up another technical in the loss.

Phil C
03-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Lakers lose to the Kings 114-113, Rockets only 1-1/2 games out of first place. Kobe picked up another technical in the loss.

Kobe needs to not blow his cool!

:mad:

Sweetwater Red
03-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

You must really not like Rasheed Wallace.:thinking:

Bull's-eye
03-10-2008, 11:55 AM

A few more T's, Kobe will have to serve a 1 game suspension.

I_DONT_CARE
03-10-2008, 11:56 AM
A few more T's, Kobe will have to serve a 1 game suspension.
WOULDN'T THAT BE A SHAME? :rolleyes:

JR2004
03-10-2008, 04:51 PM

I enjoy the many ways he's gotten techs this season. Brings back memories of Spothead during his Jailblazer days. Well it's not near that bad or hilarious, but it's always entertaining to watch NBA players and coaches get techs.

Sweetwater Red
03-10-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I enjoy the many ways he's gotten techs this season. Brings back memories of Spothead during his Jailblazer days. Well it's not near that bad or hilarious, but it's always entertaining to watch NBA players and coaches get techs.

You mean this spot head?:thinking: :devil:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/pistonslakers.jpg

JR2004
03-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
You mean this spot head?:thinking: :devil:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/pistonslakers.jpg

I prefer memories of Spothead from the Jailblazer days. :)