PDA

View Full Version : Jarrod Newman, ATH, Aransas Pass

TexanFan4Life
03-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Any poster seen him play this year? What do you think of him? I've seen tape (and was pretty impressed). Thanks for the opinions.

AP Panther Fan
03-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Jarrod is a great kid from a nice family. He has played both sides of the ball very successfully throughout high school.

For those of you in our district, he shared time with my son as a quarterback back in '05. He continued to play in that position for the following two years, but has shared time with another underclassman at QB. The HC has moved Jarrod to several positions, I think in an attempt to overcome our overall lack of depth/talent in numerous positions. Jarrod has performed well regardless...good team player.:)

Thanks for considering him.

Phil C
03-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Jarrod is a great kid from a nice family. He has played both sides of the ball very successfully throughout high school.

For those of you in our district, he shared time with my son as a quarterback back in '05. He continued to play in that position for the following two years, but has shared time with another underclassman at QB. The HC has moved Jarrod to several positions, I think in an attempt to overcome our overall lack of depth/talent in numerous positions. Jarrod has performed well regardless...good team player.:)

Thanks for considering him.

Does he graduate or does he have one more year?

TexanFan4Life
03-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Does he graduate or does he have one more year?

He's a Senior this year and will graduate. He's said he played LB for much of the district schedule this past season. He was clearly bigger than anyone he played against this season. I've seen him line up at RB and destroy anyone in his way. His 4.55 speed and sub-4.3 5-10-5 are very impressive.