PDA

View Full Version : Julius to Seattle

kepdawg
03-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Seahawks land another back, sign Jones
Adam Schefter By Adam Schefter | NFL Network

For the second time this week, the Seattle Seahawks have landed a free agent running back. NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the team reached an agreement Friday night with former Cowboys running back Julius Jones.

Details of the contract's length and terms are still unclear. Both the Jones camp and the Seahawks are being tight lipped due to the sensitivity of the deal. This week, the Seahawks have signed former Lions running back T.J. Duckett and have now landed Jones, leaving less room in the backfield and on the team's salary cap for former NFL MVP Shaun Alexander and/or Seahawks running back Maurice Morris.

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=09000d5d807189a4&template=without-video&confirm=true)

piratebg
03-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Signed him for 4 years. Funny thing is he always seemed to have his best games against Seattle. I wonder if that is why they picked him up. :thinking:

Necks_Fan
03-08-2008, 01:39 PM
My question is why would he want to play on a team that currently has 3 Rb's before him unless he knows something we don't.

JasperDog94
03-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Signed him for 4 years. Funny thing is he always seemed to have his best games against Seattle. I wonder if that is why they picked him up. :thinking: Jamal Lewis used to have career days against Cleveland. He signed with Cleveland this past year and look how it turned out for him.:)

kepdawg
03-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
My question is why would he want to play on a team that currently has 3 Rb's before him unless he knows something we don't.

Alexander is probably done.

None had eye popping stats in 07.

207 carries 716 yards 3.5 average 4 TDs

164 carries 588 yards 3.6 average 2 TDs

65 carries 335 yards 5.2 average 3 TDs

140 carries 628 yards 4.5 average 4 TDs

Sweetwater Red
03-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Signed him for 4 years. Funny thing is he always seemed to have his best games against Seattle. I wonder if that is why they picked him up. :thinking:

I saw this on ABC's WFAA out of Dallas. Dale Hanson said
"Seattle signs Julius Jones to a contract". "I guess Seattle didn't
see him play last year".

Old Tiger
03-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
My question is why would he want to play on a team that currently has 3 Rb's before him unless he knows something we don't. Um....Sean Alexander sucks and can't stay healthy now.

Phil C
03-08-2008, 05:37 PM
:(