PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood's Casey Pachall commits...

Adidas410s
03-07-2008, 03:15 PM
to TCU. Rivals currently has him rated as a 4-star prospect. Big pick up for the Horned Frogs. He also held offers from Arizona, Baylor, Houston, Nebraska, and Notre Dame.

ToroChingon
03-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Why wouldn't Texas have looked at him?

Sweetwater Red
03-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by ToroChingon
Why wouldn't Texas have looked at him?

I thought they were.:confused:

Adidas410s
03-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Why wouldn't Texas have looked at him? They got Garrett Gilbert early on. The only other QB they have/are considering is Russell Shepard. However, Shepard wants to play QB and Texas wants him as an athlete.

nobogey72
03-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
They got Garrett Gilbert early on. The only other QB they have/are considering is Russell Shepard. However, Shepard wants to play QB and Texas wants him as an athlete.

Also, Mack supposedly committed to Gilbert that they would not recruit any other QB's in his class (09).

LionKing
03-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Why wouldn't Texas have looked at him? They were, Casey was one of 3 QB's they were looking at, Gilbert was their 1#, when Gilbert commited, the Texas coaches told the other QB prospects that Gilbert was the only QB they were going to take for 09', so that left out Casey and Russell Shepard, Shepard commited to LSU, now Casey to TCU.

Panther One
03-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Pachall reminds me of Ryan Tannehill from Big Spring who singed with A&M last year. Similar size and athleticism. I'm surprised Casey's passing stats aren't better, though. Does Brownwood just not have a very effective passing game?

Tin Cup
03-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Casey can beat you with his arm and his legs...definate dual threat qb...as far as stats they arent great...but not many people's are against teams like cove and waco...great athletes like these make throwing lanes a lot smaller...good luck to him at TCU

Looking4number8
03-07-2008, 07:37 PM
I was hoping he would go to notre dame, oh well.... Brownwood has a really good reciever at TCU also. .... GO TCU!!!

As for as Casey's stats go, one thing you can not see on paper is the number of times we had a 3rd and long or 4th on long and Casey was able to convert with a big throw on target, just ask the folks from cove.... he abused them!

BEAST
03-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Casey can beat you with his arm and his legs...definate dual threat qb...as far as stats they arent great...but not many people's are against teams like cove and waco...great athletes like these make throwing lanes a lot smaller...good luck to him at TCU

You have to look at his Soph year. In 9 games as starter, he threw for over 2000 and rushed for very close to 1000. Last year we had a ton of drops and an oline that did a less than admirable job.

BEAST

slingshot
03-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Do you think he could just go ahead and go now??? Please? ;)