PDA

View Full Version : The next newest Dallas Cowboy????

Sweetwater Red
03-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't wish this on any team.:eek:

Tennessee Titans cornerback Pacman Jones says he's ready to play football again, telling an Atlanta radio station he believes his yearlong suspension from the NFL was enough of a penalty.

Oh, and he'd love to play for the Dallas Cowboys, too.

"I thought I was going to get back in eight games and then 10 games, and then you [have to] sit out the whole year," Jones told 680-AM on Thursday. The (Nashville) Tennessean reported details of the interview in Friday's editions.

"It is hard watching the whole season go by when you know that you are better than 90 percent of the people that's out there," Jones said. "I can't wait [to play], man. It is just a matter of time now. The hard part is over with for the most part. I am just waiting so when they pull the plug I am back on. I am in top-tip shape."

The NFL last month notified Jones, who has been arrested six times since Tennessee selected him in the 2005 draft, that he is not allowed to train at the Titans' facility and that his suspension will continue indefinitely. Jones' attorney, Manubir Arora, told ESPN.com in February he fears Jones' banishment could include the 2008 season.

Arora has been trying to facilitate his client's possible return to the league. Arora said he might re-petition commissioner Roger Goodell before the April 26-27 draft to see if Jones can return. The idea of getting some work done before the draft is to see if Jones could be traded if the Titans don't want him.

And if the Titans indeed trade Jones, Dallas is his desired destination. Jones has said he would like to play for the Cowboys and reiterated his interest when a caller to 680-AM brought it up.

"I just have to do what I have to do to get back on the field,'' Jones said, according to The Tennessean. "Hopefully it won't be long and hopefully it will be a couple of more months. I would love to play for the Cowboys, America's team.''

Goodell suspended Jones last April for the 2007 season for his off-field conduct. Jones settled charges from a Las Vegas strip club fight and triple shooting at the end of the 2007 NBA All-Star Weekend with a plea deal in December to a gross misdemeanor. Also, a Tennessee judge last month dismissed public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges from August 2006.

The final outstanding case against Jones, from Georgia in February 2006, was resolved last month when Jones entered an Alford plea to a felony count of obstruction of a police officer.

Jones didn't help himself, either, when it was reported he had been in an Atlanta strip club on Jan. 3 while his teammates were prepping for a playoff game.

His fondness for strip clubs was a topic of converstion during his Thursday radio interview. Jones told the show's hosts "I've got a [stripper's] pole in my house now." His agent, who was in the studio with Jones, said his client was kidding.

"Sometimes I make some bad decisions, it is not always that trouble seems to find me,'' Jones said, according to The Tennessean. "I am learning how to adjust to it and I am bettering myself as a person. I'm moving on and learning what I need to do to take care of myself and my family.''

In the interview, Arora said he is contacting college teams to to gauge their interest in having Jones speak about the consequences of making bad decisions, The Tennessean said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3281503

Maroon87
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
For the love of God, Jerry...don't do it.

pirate4state
03-07-2008, 12:42 PM
NO, NO, NO!!!

piratebg
03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Something tells me JJ is gonna do it. I don't know about this one.

Sweetwater Red
03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by piratebg

D' Angelo Hall is a problem child but I'd work out a deal for him
before I'd ever consider Jones.

Speaking of Jones'...it looks like my Lions are going to sign
Julius. Thanks for nothing Cowboys.:(
:D :devil: :D

piratebg
03-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Really? I know he visited them and the Titans already. He is supposed to be in Seattle today.

kepdawg
03-07-2008, 12:51 PM

This isn't the first time Pacman has brought up the Cowboys, but what makes you think Jerry will do it?

piratebg
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
This isn't the first time Pacman has brought up the Cowboys, but what makes you think Jerry will do it?

A gut feeling. He'll take the same chance he did with Tank Johnson and sign him cheap for a year.

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2008, 12:55 PM
A gut feeling. He'll take the same chance he did with Tank Johnson and sign him cheap for a year.

Big difference IMO with Tank and Pacman...Pacman has had SO MANY problems with the law, and has yet to try to eliminate the problem people and places from his life

piratebg
03-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Big difference IMO with Tank and Pacman...Pacman has had SO MANY problems with the law, and has yet to try to eliminate the problem people and places from his life

True, but cheap is cheap. I don't think he's thinking long term investment right now.

Sweetwater Red
03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Really? I know he visited them and the Titans already. He is supposed to be in Seattle today.

Yeah. I don't know why he is still going to visit Seattle though.
They just signed T.J. Duckett.

DU_stud04
03-07-2008, 01:46 PM
sign him! :D

Emerson1
03-07-2008, 01:49 PM
No, I highly doubt he has ran or worked out at the level he needs to. You lose a lot of speed when that happens, just look at Ramonce Taylor

kepdawg
03-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Sources: Cowboys may make play for Pacman Jones

Move would be made if NFL reinstates troubled cornerback

05:00 PM CST on Friday, March 7, 2008

By CALVIN WATKINS / The Dallas Morning News
cwatkins@dallasnews.com

The wow factor that Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones was talking about adding to his team could be Pacman Jones.

According to multiple sources, the Cowboys have had internal discussions about obtaining the suspended Tennessee cornerback if he's reinstated by the NFL.

Jones has been under suspension since April 2007 for violations of the NFL conduct policy.

Jones is considered one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL and that alone has made the Cowboys think about bringing him to Dallas, according to the sources.

There are numerous obstacles regarding Pacman Jones.

The main one is the suspension.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said commissioner Roger Goodell will review Jones' case before training camps start in July.

And should Jones get reinstated, the Cowboys would have to work a trade with the Titans.

But the Titans could also release Jones, putting him on the open market for any team to sign.

Jones' Atlanta-based attorney, Manny Arora, did not return a phone call seeking comment. Arora did tell The (Nashville) Tennessean he planned to ask Goodell to re-examine Jones' suspension before the April 26-27 NFL Draft.

On Thursday, Jones expressed to an Atlanta radio station that he wants to play for the Cowboys.

"I just have to do what I have to do to get back on the field," he said. "Hopefully it won't be long and hopefully it will be a couple of more months. I would love to play for the Cowboys, America's Team."

If the Cowboys acquire Jones they would likely make him the third cornerback to go along with starters Anthony Henry and Terence Newman. Jones would probably become the punt returner.

In 2006, Jones averaged 12.9 yards per return with three touchdowns.

The Cowboys have signed other players with troubled pasts. The team signed nose tackle Tank Johnson last season after he served a suspension for violations of the NFL conduct policy. Johnson maintained a good relationship with Goodell during his suspension and the Cowboys touted their off-the-field player programs headed by director Bryan Wansley and consultants Calvin Hill and Jacqualene Stephens.

In order for Jones to return to the NFL he would likely have to convince Goodell that he has changed his behavior. Since he was drafted by Tennessee in the first round in 2005, Jones has been arrested six times.

Last month, he entered a guilty plea on charges of felony obstruction of officers stemming from an incident in Georgia.

Jones said he's made some bad decisions.

"It is not always that trouble seems to find me," he said. "I am learning how to adjust to it and I am bettering myself as a person."

LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/030808dnspocowjones.30f179f9.html)

I_DONT_CARE
03-07-2008, 06:29 PM
THIS WOULD BE RIGHT UP PLASTIC'S ALLEY!

PHS Wildcats
03-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
D' Angelo Hall is a problem child but I'd work out a deal for him
before I'd ever consider Jones.

D. Hall is likely headed to Washington!!