PDA

View Full Version : La Grange 14 - Sealy 9

Pudlugger
09-13-2002, 10:45 PM
La Grange wins in a squeeker after a classic Sealy - La Grange defensive battle. Hats off to the Sealy team who displayed great heart and tremendous speed and strength up front. Sealy stacked the box with 6 down lineman repeatedly, unafraid of being burned by the quick pass over the middle. Sealy coaches, for some unknown reason, went away from the running game with 3 minutes left down by 5 on the 34 yard line. After making a first down on the 16 they threw a couple of incompletions then trieds a run over the right side, fumbled, La Grange recovered...Game Over. Emeal Andrus #30 and that little guy #10 burned us on the outside several times. Both those guys have some speed and moves and deserve alot of credit. Greg Boothe scored twice on a long pass reception and a 34 yard run off tackle, called back for a holding call downfield. Other bright spots were #33 junior Cody Wilson showing some great speed and moves himself being top rusher with 98 yards, and junior defensive back #15 Sam Gunn (Tye Gunn's little brother) who made a huge hit on the Sealy tailback downfield causing the ball to pop out and recovered by La Grange to stop a big drive by Sealy. Hayes, Calloway and McKenzie, among others, were outstanding on defense. Congratulations La Grange for a great win.

[This message has been edited by Pudlugger (edited September 19, 2002).]

Chris Hart
09-13-2002, 11:03 PM
Games like that build great teams.I believe it is safe to say the Leopards are BACK.

Tiger Turtle
09-13-2002, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the lowdown, Pud - sounds like a good game, typical of the rivalry. Sorry I wasn't able to make it. Good luck to the Leps the rest of the way. Tough games build character in a team and I think the Tigers and the Leps serve to make each other better over the long haul.

Pudlugger
09-13-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle:
Thanks for the lowdown, Pud - sounds like a good game, typical of the rivalry. Sorry I wasn't able to make it. Good luck to the Leps the rest of the way. Tough games build character in a team and I think the Tigers and the Leps serve to make each other better over the long haul.

Yes they do, TigerTurtle, thanks.

eye of the tiger
09-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Good game. Congrats to the Leopards.

sinton66
09-14-2002, 01:36 AM
Congrats Pud and Leps!

AggieJohn
09-15-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger:
La Grange wins in a squeeker after a classic Sealy - La Grange defensive battle. Hats off to the Sealy team who displayed great heart and tremendous speed and strength up front. The La Grange running game stalled several times behind an offensive line that was not dominating the line of scrimmage and looked tired. Sealy stacked the box with 6 down lineman repeatedly, unafraid of being burned by the quick pass over the middle. With a tight end like Schramm it is hard to understand why we did not once try to make the backers pay, but we didn't and we got stopped (once on 4th and 4 on the 6 yardline). Sealy coaches, for some unknown reason, went away from the running game with 3 minutes left down by 5 on the 34 yard line. After making a first down on the 16 they threw a couple of incompletions then trieds a run over the right side, fumbled, La Grange recovered...Game Over. Emeal Andrus #30 and that little guy #10 burned us on the outside several times. Both those guys have some speed and moves and deserve alot of credit. Greg Boothe scored twice on a long pass reception and a 34 yard run off tackle. Other bright spots were #33 junior Cody Wilson showing some great speed and moves himself, and junior defensive back #15 Sam Gunn (Tye Gunn's little brother) who made a huge hit on the Sealy tailback downfield causing the ball to pop out and recovered by La Grange to stop a big drive by Sealy. Hayes, Calloway and McKenzie, among others, were outstanding on defense. Congratulations La Grange for a great win.

Pudlugger-i'm from liberty...i remember when we played la grange in the playoffs about 4 or so yearas ago.....i don't know if you remember buy yall had RB that game...or maybe he was yall's WR....anyway..he was just unstoppable...what ever happened to him..??........if memory serves me correct he was a foreginer with like a japanese,veitnames, or chinese last name...anyway...post a reply on his name and stuff if you can remember

o'cowboy
09-15-2002, 02:11 PM
Is the Gunn kid as big/good as his brother was.. I watched Tye in a playoff game, good size and seemed fast for his size. just curious

Pudlugger
09-15-2002, 02:17 PM
Explayer2001 do you mean Dobbins? He was tailback in '97 when La Grange ended Sealy's 63 game winning streak then lost to Sealy in the Semi-Finals 28-14 in the Astrodome. Tye Gunn was a freshman that year and led the offense. Dobbins was a great tailback but never went on to play in college.

Pudlugger
09-15-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by o'cowboy:
Is the Gunn kid as big/good as his brother was.. I watched Tye in a playoff game, good size and seemed fast for his size. just curious

It is unfair to compare these two players as Tye Gunn was a quarterback and Sam Gunn is a Defensive back as well as a tailback and Wide Receiver. Kind of an apples and oranges thing. Sam is smaller than Tye but he has great speed and, on defense, is excelling in his own right. I expect Sam will earn alot of respect in this community for his contributions on the playing field over the next couple of years. He is displaying great leadership right now, which is an intangible that is critical in any teams success.