PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks/Rockets

Old Tiger
03-06-2008, 05:16 PM
No Dirk so I will go with the Rockets.

Emerson1
03-06-2008, 05:17 PM
No Dirk, might be more houston fans then Dallas fans at the game to. Don't see the north dallas pretty people going to the game tonight.

JR2004
03-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Mavs in an upset. I think Howard has a huge game tonight.

JasperDog94
03-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Mavs in an upset. I think Howard has a huge game tonight. I knew I could count on you JR.;)

JasperDog94
03-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Don't forget that at least Dallas has Dirk coming back after this game. Houston is without Yao for the rest of this season.

coach
03-06-2008, 05:32 PM
dallas by 7

BobcatBenny
03-06-2008, 05:34 PM
I think the Rockets get a one game gift.

kepdawg
03-06-2008, 05:42 PM
The Rockets will never lose again!

Bull's-eye
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Mavericks are very tough at home, but the loss of Dirk gives the Rockets a better chance to steal one in Dallas. If the Rockets want a little respect, they need a good showing in Big D.

zebrablue2
03-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Dallas has their number. Dallas wins this one to stop the run at 16 games..

DU_stud04
03-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Dikembe Mutombo.... 2nd half mvp. wait and see :)

IHStangFan
03-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
No Dirk so I will go with the Rockets. I don't really think it would have mattered anyway. Rockets are playing fundamentally sound, team basketball for a change and don't seem to loosing any momentum as of yet.

GO ROCKETS!

coach
03-06-2008, 08:06 PM
is this game at 730 on fsn?

Emerson1
03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by coach
830 on TNT or TXA21 if you get it

Astrosdawg07
03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by coach

Game time is 8:30 idk about FSN, but I do know TNT is televising the game. The Dallas broadcast will be carried on their over the air network, I know this because I'm in the Dallas network :(

Emerson1
03-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Game time is 8:30 idk about FSN, but I do know TNT is televising the game. The Dallas broadcast will be caried on their over the air network, I know this because I'm in the Dallas network :(
You still get the TNT broadcast.

zebrablue2
03-06-2008, 10:37 PM
rockets are hanging with the mavs so far...

kepdawg
03-06-2008, 11:42 PM
mavs getting beat down

kepdawg
03-07-2008, 12:14 AM

Bull's-eye
03-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Rockets win 17th in a row and a team record 11 straight on the road. T-Mac scored 31 pts with 9 assists, Alston 24 pts, Landry 17 pts, Scola 12 pts & Jackson 10 pts for another balanced team effort. Scola also had 9 boards to lead the Rockets.

JR2004
03-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I knew I could count on you JR.;)

Really didn't care about this game one way or the other as neither will be the Lakers competition when the games start to count. I put comments up like the one from earlier just to see if someone will respond to it with something laughable.

I was too busy having fun watching basketball that's actually entertaining tonight down in Austin. Haven't even seen a score on this. All I know is Allas lost, but thankfully I got to watch two great games tonight at The Drum. I'm sure Mavs fans would've enjoyed the games I saw tonight more than what they had to sit and watch.

Bull's-eye
03-07-2008, 01:37 AM
Last 9 Rockets wins have all been double-digit victories. Another win and the Rockets will be tied for 4th on the all-time longest winning streaks in the history of the NBA.

T-Mac really made Barkley look like a idiot. Charles has been telling everybody that T-Mac is a "B" player and does nothing to help his fellow players. T-Mac said he didn't listen to Charles when it came to basketball, he only listens to Charles when it comes to counting calories of a cupcake and he believes Charles doesn't actually watch the games. Barkley predicted that the Rockets would come crashing down in this game and they were not a better team than Dallas even without Dirk.

Bull's-eye
03-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Really didn't care about this game one way or the other as neither will be the Lakers competition when the games start to count.

The Lakers are currently the #2 seed and Dallas is at #7. If the season ended today, those two teams would be playing each other.

JR2004
03-07-2008, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
The Lakers are currently the #2 seed and Dallas is at #7. If the season ended today, those two teams would be playing each other.

And they pose no threat to us or Scorched Earth down south. They're a one and done.

Bull's-eye
03-07-2008, 01:48 AM
And they pose no threat to us or Scorched Earth down south. They're a one and done.

They just took the Lakers to OT on the road and had a terrible shooting game.

JR2004
03-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
They just took the Lakers to OT on the road and had a terrible shooting game.

They don't worry me at all. Never have never will. I'm just not worried about a team that we beat while missing 3 key players in Bynum, Ariza and Space Cadet. It's actually 4 if you count our backup center Chris Mihm who hasn't returned yet either.

kepdawg
03-07-2008, 01:57 AM
All those guys are key players?

JR2004
03-07-2008, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
All those guys are key players?

Yes they most certainly are. Our best defensive big man and low post threat is Bynum. Our 2nd best perimeter defender is Ariza. He's also our best baseline slasher and Space Cadet is one of our best perimeter shooters. Our offense has been out of sorts since he went down. With him things run much more smoothly offensively because he spreads the floor so much better than Walton and he's a much better cutter and team defender. Mihm is just needed for depth that we don't have at the moment. He does well for a back-up center.

Bull's-eye
03-07-2008, 02:22 AM
For those non-Houston fans who watched this game, what is your take on the Rockets? Most people wrote them off when Yao went down for the season and predicted they wouldn't make the playoffs. A win this saturday and they could be the #3 seed in the West.

I_DONT_CARE
03-07-2008, 07:24 AM
They don't worry me at all. Never have never will. I'm just not worried about a team that we beat while missing 3 key players in Bynum, Ariza and Space Cadet. It's actually 4 if you count our backup center Chris Mihm who hasn't returned yet either.
SPACE CADET? YOU MEAN SOMEBODY REALLY NAMED THEIR KID SPACE CADET? WOW!

waterboy
03-07-2008, 09:02 AM
I think the Rockets are the best team in the NBA right now. If the playoffs started today, the Rockets and Celtics would eventually meet in the finals in my opinion, although the Pistons might could sneak in from the East. No doubt in my opinion, the Rockets could win it all this year.

gobbler grad
03-07-2008, 09:09 AM
17 in a row and still 2.5 games behind the Spurs...:thinking:

but the Spurs are also on a 11 game win streak ...:clap:

should be a great run for the playoffs...:D

themsu97
03-07-2008, 09:45 AM
one thing JR understands is Stern... he is wanting a Lakers/Celtics final and all other things will help him get that... Stern does not want the SPurs ( best team in the NBA) in the finals...
Rockets are piping hot but I cannot see TMAc leading his team in a playoff win... he could though...

Sorry, JR, Kobe cannot lead his team either... one good hard foul on Kobe and he is done... ie Raja Bell...

I see another Spurs/Pistons final...

Maroon87
03-07-2008, 11:11 AM

It's the NBA. As we saw last year, anything can happen come playoff time. The Lakers are one twist of an ankle or knee away from being very ordinary, as are several teams.

Necks_Fan
03-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Rockets now have won 17 straight and somehow still get no love. What's up with that? If the Miami Heat put three together JR would probably be on their jock just like the Lakers. Everybody keeps writing them off but I still support them.

Obviously wins are much harder to come by but this team is fighting for Yao and those of you who say McGrady is gone after this season, the team would have to be crazy after watching him put this squad on his back like he has done thus far.

If they stay playing the kind of basketball they have then they can play with anyone.

3afan
03-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Rockets now have won 17 straight and somehow still get no love. they're having a good regular season...

when's the last time they made it out of the first round??

Emerson1
03-08-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm worried if I am a rockets fan, they are peaking right now and there is still 20 or so games to go.

Two teams had 17 game win streaks last year to, Dallas and Phoenix. Look how that worked out.

Emerson1
03-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
one thing JR understands is Stern... he is wanting a Lakers/Celtics final and all other things will help him get that... Stern does not want the SPurs ( best team in the NBA) in the finals...
Rockets are piping hot but I cannot see TMAc leading his team in a playoff win... he could though...

Sorry, JR, Kobe cannot lead his team either... one good hard foul on Kobe and he is done... ie Raja Bell...

I see another Spurs/Pistons final...
Well luckily the suns are more on their way out of the playoffs then Dallas is.

JasperDog94
03-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I'm worried if I am a rockets fan, they are peaking right now and there is still 20 or so games to go.

Two teams had 17 game win streaks last year to, Dallas and Phoenix. Look how that worked out. Very true. I'll enjoy the run while it lasts, but the west is sooooooo deep that we'll doing good to make the playoffs. Making it out of the 1st round would be a bonus.

Necks_Fan
03-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
they're having a good regular season...

when's the last time they made it out of the first round?? You're missing the point. I just like the fact that they are playing the best basketball in 10+ years and doing it without Ya o and McGrady leading the way. I think this is the year McGrady breaks through and maybe it's only the second round but hey, it's something.

Bull's-eye
03-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
they're having a good regular season...

when's the last time they made it out of the first round??

Why does that matter? This is a different team with new players and a new coach. T-Mac gets put down for not ever making it out of the first round, but when you're on a Orlando 8th seed team playing #1 Detroit, it's usually not going to happen. Last season was probably the only season T-Mac and his team was a higher seed and that was being a 4 playing a 5. That series went down to the final minutes of the 7th game and against a Utah team that went 2 more rounds. Look at the stats, the Rockets didn't lose because of T-Mac choking under playoff pressure. In fact, T-Mac has averaged almost 29 points & over 6 assists in his playoff career.

Necks_Fan
03-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Great points Bulls Eye.

Everybody wants to put all the blame on McGrady but this is a TEAM sport and this is the best TEAM basketball I have ever seen.

Bull's-eye
03-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

Actually, the Rockets could even get better. Rick Adelman was in a bit of a dilemma with the post up game of Yao Ming and trying to incorporate that into his motion style of offense. Early in the season, it was almost like mixing oil & water. In the 5 games since Yao's injury, the Rockets have averaged 108.6 points on 50.2 % shooting. That's an improvent of 11 points per game and they have even continued to score inside, averaging 45.2 points in the paint. With most teams double-teaming T-Mac, Scola & Landry are finding the holes and cutting to the basket for easy shots.