PDA

View Full Version : Remember!

kepdawg
03-06-2008, 01:49 PM
http://crashrecovery.org/freedman/Alamo-500.jpg
March 6, 1836

coach
03-06-2008, 02:07 PM
no disrespect to the lives lost on this day but why dont we recognize San Jacento more than we do The Alamo where we actually won and captured Santa Anna

kepdawg
03-06-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by coach
no disrespect to the lives lost on this day but why dont we recognize San Jacento more than we do The Alamo where we actually won and captured Santa Anna

Wow! You really don't get it!

DaHop72
03-06-2008, 02:23 PM
no disrespect to the lives lost on this day but why dont we recognize San Jacento more than we do The Alamo where we actually won and captured Santa Anna You did take history didn't you????

Sweetwater Red
03-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
You did take history didn't you????

Hell. I'm from Michigan and even I completely understand what
the Alamo represents.:doh:

Lion_Addict
03-06-2008, 02:27 PM

:flaming: :flaming: :dispntd: :dispntd:

DaHop72
03-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hell. I'm from Michigan and even I completely understand what
the Alamo represents.:doh: Not bad for a transplanted "yankee".:devil: :devil:

Old Tiger
03-06-2008, 02:30 PM
The Alamo was boring.

Statue of Liberty is better.
White House is better.
Golden Gate Bridge is better.
Grand Canyon is better.

DaHop72
03-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
The Alamo was boring.

White House is better.
Grand Canyon is better.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/game_ask_guru_joe.jpgHas spoken.

coach
03-06-2008, 02:43 PM
i understand everything about the alamo but why dont we talk more about san jacinto like we do the alamo??

DaHop72
03-06-2008, 02:46 PM
i understand everything about the alamo but why and we said that at san jacento....but dont we talk more about san jacento like we do the alamo? Because without the men at the Alamo tying up Santa Anna and his men and allowing the build up of Sam Houston's army there would have been no San Jacinto.

coach
03-06-2008, 02:48 PM
i completely understand that..i know the story...and like i said no disrespect to the alamo and the men who faught and died...but why do we nevr hear about the heroes at san jacinto??

NastySlot
03-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
The Alamo was boring.

White House is better.
Grand Canyon is better.

maybe so but the Alamo is truely ours...not really the rest of the country.

NastySlot
03-06-2008, 02:54 PM
i completely understand that..i know the story...and like i said no disrespect to the alamo and the men who faught and died...but why do we nevr hear about the heroes at san jacinto??

well maybe because not too many people realize that most of the men fighting at san jac....hadn't even been in texas long and some historians....view them a racist....where as the most of the men (except crockett and his vols.) had been in texas a while and were truely defending their homes.

DaHop72
03-06-2008, 02:54 PM
i completely understand that..i know the story...and like i said no disrespect to the alamo and the men who faught and died...but why do we nevr hear about the heroes at san jacinto?? I guess because it was an eighteen minute battle and there were only nine Texans killed unlike the massacre at the Alamo.

NastySlot
03-06-2008, 02:55 PM
april 21st is aggie muster.

lakers
03-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Did u know today is my B-day...lol

Hey it was a big enough event to have a several movies made about it...

NastySlot
03-06-2008, 02:59 PM
looking out the window here in the hill country seeing steady cold rain fall and temps. falling ......makes be imagine how miserable the weather was at that time.....a real bad norther had blown in and it snowed on santa ana's troops on the way up.

nobogey72
03-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Did u know today is my B-day...lol

Hey it was a big enough event to have a several movies made about it...

There have been movies about your birthday??? Wow!!!! Who are you? That is cool. Nobody has ever made a movie about my birthday. :confused: :confused:

DaHop72
03-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
There have been movies about your birthday??? Wow!!!! Who are you? That is cool. Nobody has ever made a movie about my birthday. :confused: :confused: Weren't you and TexasFootball2 in "Grumpy Old Men".:devil: :devil:

lakers
03-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Weren't you and TexasFootball2 in "Grump Old Men".:devil: :devil:

Haha, cute...

I was referring to the Alamo, u know the topic of the thread.

But if you guys want to talk about me that is fine...;)

eagles_victory
03-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Haha, cute...

I was referring to the Alamo, u know the topic of the thread.

But if you guys want to talk about me that is fine...;) cute??

j_dog
03-06-2008, 04:28 PM
i understand everything about the alamo but why dont we talk more about san jacinto like we do the alamo??
Simple. Would you rather visit a beautiful downtown tourist area, or a swamp?

The bottom line is, everyone remembers their defeats forever. Memories of victories often fade away. I had an uncle who boxed semi-pro. He said he did not remember many of his wins, but he remembered EVERY ONE of his defeats. Must be human nature.

lakers
03-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
cute??

As in "nice touch, funny, humerous" or was it a hint of sarcasm by me:thinking: :thinking:

coach
03-06-2008, 04:38 PM
only women say cute

eagles_victory
As in "nice touch, funny, humerous" or was it a hint of sarcasm by me:thinking: :thinking: A hint of something but you dont have to explain yourself to me.

Old Tiger
As in "nice touch, funny, humerous" or was it a hint of sarcasm by me:thinking: :thinking:

http://www.geckoandfly.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/gay_rainbow_flying_flag.jpg??

lakers
03-06-2008, 04:41 PM
A hint of something but you dont have to explain yourself to me.

OK...;)

LH Panther Mom
03-06-2008, 04:55 PM
A hint of something but you dont have to explain yourself to me.
At least he didn't say lovely! :eek: :eek: ;)

buff4life
03-06-2008, 04:56 PM

Alamo was a heroic story and at San Jac we surprised and ended it quickly there's really no story