PDA

View Full Version : Sloan dunk already up.

HippoBaseball05
03-06-2008, 12:34 AM
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m78/tds02/sloandunkbaylor.gif

Old Tiger
03-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Classless and unimpressive.

HippoBaseball05
03-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah right...

If Kevin _urant would have done it you'd be peeing all over yourself.

Old Tiger
03-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
Yeah right...

If Kevin _urant would have done it you'd be peeing all over yourself. No I'm not a fan of Kevin Durant. He was great at Texas and I rooted for him when it came to POTY and in games but I never was amazed by his skill.

eagles_victory
03-06-2008, 12:40 AM
I dont know about classless but not that great its been done many times and he didnt even put it down with much force.

NastySlot
03-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
No I'm not a fan of Kevin Durant. He was great at Texas and I rooted for him when it came to POTY and in games but I never was amazed by his skill.

you must be a heck of player....cause this aggie was very impressed with his skill.........now his bench press max...that's another story.

HippoBaseball05
03-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Yeah, but you have to take into account he's a 'point guard' (very loosely). He has some ups.

Old Tiger
03-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
you must be a heck of player....cause this aggie was very impressed with his skill.........now his bench press max...that's another story. Well his unimpressive skill got him a unanimous player of the year honor.

HippoBaseball05
03-06-2008, 12:45 AM
you must be a heck of player....cause this aggie was very impressed with his skill.........now his bench press max...that's another story.

He was a very impressive player. I felt bad for the rest of his team last year that had to endure his "one year walkthrough" way he played.

NastySlot
03-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Well his unimpressive skill got him a unanimous player of the year honor.

exactly...weren't you the one that wasn't impressed by his skill cause i said i was.

NastySlot
03-06-2008, 12:50 AM
excuse me blue you said never amazed at his skill

HippoBaseball05
03-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Yes. He was Player of the Year. We know this.

But his sole purpose was to bide his time, hog the rock and try to accumulate as many gaudy numbers as he could to negotiate with.

Case in point: This year the Sips have a faaaaaaaaaaaar better team than they did last year.

Why?

Team.

Panther One
03-06-2008, 12:53 AM
I was impressed with Durant's skill. I could care less about his bench max. The guy could flat out score. He also just turned 19 this past september (he's essentially the same age as Brock Fitzhenry, but that's another story). I think he'll be one of the top scorers in the NBA before too long.

Sloan...PG...Ha. I know he dribbles the ball up the court, but he's no PG.

Old Tiger
03-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Yes. He was Player of the Year. We know this.

But his sole purpose was to bide his time, hog the rock and try to accumulate as many gaudy numbers as he could to negotiate with.

Case in point: This year the Sips have a faaaaaaaaaaaar better team than they did last year.

Why?

Team. You can say the same for a lot of diaper dandies.

HippoBaseball05
03-06-2008, 12:55 AM
I wish we could recruit a PG with half the skill Acie had.

JR2004
03-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Not impressed with this one. I saw Byron Eaton (Lincoln and now the starting PG at Okie State) do this against Madison his senior year to put an exclamation mark on a game against us. Even though it was embarrassing to see him do that to us, I was impressed because Eaton is just 5"11 and was built like a linebacker and not the point guard that he is.

mwynn05
03-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I dont know about classless but not that great its been done many times and he didnt even put it down with much force. remember when that kid from crockett did that to us i think it was my jr year...same night those girls got in that fight in the stands and got her shirt ripped off and i think the mascot also got its head ripped off and thrown by the ref that same night

Panther One
03-06-2008, 01:05 AM
I wish we could recruit a PG with half the skill Acie had.
Next year, brother...we got a pretty good one coming in next year. One of the top PG's in the country. He won't be Acie, though. Probably closer to Augustine last year for the Horns.

coach
03-06-2008, 03:38 AM
marlin did it to us in like the sec qrt over like two ppl

BwdLions
03-06-2008, 12:23 PM
It's great how the aggies try to turn this into a Kevin Durant/Texas post. Give me a break. Can't you people defend yourselves without bringing Texas into it? It's called infatuation.

Maroon87
03-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I thought the dunk was a tad unnecessary, especially since the game was on the verge of turning into a full scale riot. But what are you gonna do? Tell a kid not to enjoy himself? Short of tackling him there's not much that could've been done. His mind was made up.

NastySlot
03-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
It's great how the aggies try to turn this into a Kevin Durant/Texas post. Give me a break. Can't you people defend yourselves without bringing Texas into it? It's called infatuation.

what the heck are you talking about....no one has bashed durant...i even said good things about him.......the only infatuation is yours for texas t-shirts.

Emerson1
03-06-2008, 02:19 PM
what the heck are you talking about....no one has bashed durant

Yeah right...

If Kevin _urant would have done it you'd be peeing all over yourself.

NastySlot
03-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

so if he would have phrased it if a longhorn had done it (the dunk) you would think it was ok.

Emerson1
03-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Well that wouldn't of been bashing Durant now would it?

NastySlot
03-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Well that wouldn't of been bashing Durant now would it?

no so the arguement would have shifted to why does texas have to be brought in the conversation.......

buff4life
03-06-2008, 04:59 PM
no so the arguement would have shifted to why does texas have to be brought in the conversation.......

the argument IS why did Texas get brought into it....for no reason, it was an ag verse bear game

LH Panther Mom
03-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
the argument IS why did Texas get brought into it....for no reason, it was an ag verse bear game
Thank you!!!!!

Panther One
03-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I believe Texas was brought into this topic because the first person who replied to the original post is a Texas fan. He posted his opinion, and HippoBaseball05 was essentially telling GoBlue that if a Longhorn had done the same thing that Sloan did, his opinion would be different. The topic then switched to a conversation of Durant when GoBlue posted his opinion on Durant. If GoBlue were a Sooners fan, Hippo's post probably would have included a reference to Blake, rather than Durant, and a discussion of Blake would have followed.

Some of you people really need to get over yourselves.

Old Tiger
03-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I believe Texas was brought into this topic because the first person who replied to the original post is a Texas fan. He posted his opinion, and HippoBaseball05 was essentially telling GoBlue that if a Longhorn had done the same thing that Sloan did, his opinion would be different. The topic then switched to a conversation of Durant when GoBlue posted his opinion on Durant. If GoBlue were a Sooners fan, Hippo's post probably would have included a reference to Blake, rather than Durant, and a discussion of Blake would have followed.

Some of you people really need to get over yourselves. Horse crap excuse to bring Texas into it. I just said it was classless and unimpressive.

buff4life
03-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Panther One

Some of you people really need to get over yourselves.

exactly the longhorn fan said nothing about "a Texas player would never do this" he was just stating an opinion...therefore not implying Texas...and your pure speculation about probably to make it ok...i'm not starting an argument i'm just gettin it back into the right focus...

Emerson1
03-06-2008, 05:37 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2RKoXNToOnk

that one was better

Panther One
03-06-2008, 06:18 PM
exactly the longhorn fan said nothing about "a Texas player would never do this" he was just stating an opinion...therefore not implying Texas...and your pure speculation about probably to make it ok...i'm not starting an argument i'm just gettin it back into the right focus...
When I brought up the techs and ejections of the Texas players from the A&M game last night in the Baylor game thread, no one called me out on it. Why? Because it was a post directed at you, whom I know to be a Longhorn fan. The entire purpose of that post was to point out how your opinions of your opponents differ from your opinions of your own team. That was the intent of HippoBaseball's post to GoBlue. Set aside your hatred of A&M for one second and you might be able to see that.

Adidas410s
03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2RKoXNToOnk

that one was better
love how he threw the ball into the stands. What a tool...

Maroon87
03-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

No kidding. "Look how great I am!" :rolleyes:

Emerson1
03-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Is he even doing good this year or was he just another youtube superstar?

cshscougar08
03-06-2008, 07:03 PM
No OJ Mayo is doing QUITE well this season. Stats for the year.

PPG RPG APG FG%
20.7 4.4 3.0 44.8

Not superstar numbers like Durant last year and Beasley this year, but very good numbers nonetheless. He really is a great player. I see him being something like Tracy McGrady in the NBA, although obviously smaller.

Bull19
03-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

stereo-typical classless selfish basketball player, who thinks he is god's gift to all of america. players like him is what makes modern basketball such a joke.

why cant we have players that carry themselves on and off the court with class? too bad larry bird doesn't play anymore.

Emerson1
03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
stereo-typical classless selfish basketball player, who thinks he is god's gift to all of america. players like him is what makes modern basketball such a joke.

why cant we have players that carry themselves on and off the court with class? too bad larry bird doesn't play anymore.
Because all HS seniors have perfect class and etiquette.

Bull19
03-06-2008, 07:43 PM
u clearly didnt understand my post. i basically ment that modern basketball is nothing but street ballers and selfish players playing the game. look at the nba for example. traveling is never called, defense is not being played. the players show boat the whole time. their should be no reason why a team scores over 100 points a game.

just my opinion. take it, or leave it.

lostaussie
03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Horse crap excuse to bring Texas into it. I just said it was classless and unimpressive. as are you. you continually want to bash EVERYBODY. but anything that is fired back is taken as an attack. you are probably the most negative poster on this whole board................unbelievable:doh:

coach
03-06-2008, 08:37 PM
u clearly didnt understand my post. i basically ment that modern basketball is nothing but street ballers and selfish players playing the game. look at the nba for example. traveling is never called, defense is not being played. the players show boat the whole time. their should be no reason why a team scores over 100 points a game.

but u could easily say that for football...after a simple tackle a player will do some stupid dance..its not just basketball

HippoBaseball05
03-06-2008, 08:49 PM

The game of basketball as a whole will never be as well played or more enjoyable to watch as it was in the entire decade of the 80's.

(Celtics, Lakers, Rockets, Sixers, etc...)

Bull19
03-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by coach
but u could easily say that for football...after a simple tackle a player will do some stupid dance..its not just basketball

i would say the same, but this is a basketball thread

I_DONT_CARE
03-06-2008, 09:28 PM
AGGIES, LONGHORNS - BLAH BLAH BLAH

Matthew328
03-06-2008, 09:47 PM

Which NBA are you guys watching?? I see GREAT defense being played at the NBA level.....many times the athletes are simply that good...basketball isn't like other sports when great defense stops great offense...sometimes a guy is good no matter how well you defend him there is no stopping him...the vast majority of the time great defense is being played at the NBA level and even at the Div 1 level