PDA

View Full Version : Tons of Big Games This Week!

Matthew328
09-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Man the schedule this week is loaded with big games in 3A....I'll try to get as much talk going about these games as I can...but you guys will do a great job of talking these games up..in no order here are the ones that caught my eye...

Kennedale (3-0) at Everman (2-1)
Sweetwater (1-2) at Abilene Wylie (2-2)
Midland Greenwood (4-0) at Andrews (4-0)
Burkburnett (3-0) at Vernon (2-1)
Bridgeport (3-1) at Gainesville (4-0)
Springtown (2-1) at Decatur (3-1)
Crandall (2-2) at Forney (3-1)
Lindale (3-1) at Daingerfield (4-0)
White Oak (3-1) at Palestine (3-0)
Kilgore (3-0) at Carthage (3-1)
Waco Connally (3-0) at China Spring (2-1)
Splendora (2-1) at Liberty (3-0)
Marlin (1-2) at Burnet (4-0)
Rice Cons. (4-0) at Bellville (4-0)

It's gonna be a FUN week!

Green Ranger
09-22-2003, 09:15 AM
For an injury plagued Greenwood team, this is going to be a true character check if there ever was one. The Rangers will have to play mistake/penalty free football to come away with this one. The one thing the Rangers cannot afford are more players watching from the sidelines after this one is over. They are off next week before District, I think they will be ready to play due to their tough Pre-district schedule.

Matthew328
09-22-2003, 09:19 AM
I think Andrews may get the best of Greenwood this week....Andrews looks really strong...

vet93
09-22-2003, 09:29 AM
If the Rangers can get through this one without any major injuries they will have until the playoffs to get back to full speed. Even though the district seems to be stronger than last year, there still is not a huge threat within the district to dethrone the Rangers (even in the hampered state that they are in right now). The Rangers will likely lose this game and by as much as 2 to 3 touchdowns (however with wilbur and Audus you always have a chance), but that does not reflect on Greenwood as a team. It is very hard at the 3A level to play with as many injured players as the Rangers have had and still remain as strong. Once the Rangers get their injuries healed and have had a few games to get their timing down then they will be ready for the playoffs. What I am trying to say to all the 3a fans around the state is...if the Rangers lose to the Mustangs that it is no a reflection of how well they will play in the playoffs. Besides...I think that Andrews will win their district and go 3 to 4 rounds in the playoffs in 4A depending on who they draw, so a loss to them is not the end of the world.

Green Ranger:
For an injury plagued Greenwood team, this is going to be a true character check if there ever was one. The Rangers will have to play mistake/penalty free football to come away with this one. The one thing the Rangers cannot afford are more players watching from the sidelines after this one is over. They are off next week before District, I think they will be ready to play due to their tough Pre-district schedule.

Matthew328
09-22-2003, 09:34 AM
Good point...Greenwood is banged up....and like I said Andrews looks pretty darn good..may be the best 4A team in West Texas...

3afan
09-22-2003, 09:38 AM
its non-district so a greenwood loss would not really matter (forget the polls) --- they need to get healthy for district and beyond.

Green Ranger
09-22-2003, 09:42 AM
Like I said, the only way we can lose in this game is to have some more injuries. To play a team like Andrews, as good as they are right now, we will come out of it having learned something. If everybody stays healthy, even if we lose it will be a winning situation.

lbc05
09-23-2003, 10:11 PM
its the start of district for liberty and splendora.. this one is gonna be good but i will have to go with liberty at home... the crowd at war memorial stadium seems to get the team going and they dont look back.. the injury bug has caught the panthers the past couple weeks but the team is back at full strength and should play very well for this opening game in district 22 3a ....

Knightmoon
09-23-2003, 11:12 PM
Sweetwater @ Abilene Wylie. This should be a good game. I think both teams have got something to prove this week. Both teams have back to back losses ,trying to prevent a third. Wylie has had some injuries, but should be healthier this week. Sweetwater is just out to make a statment. These two teams have similar programs and this game should be a good one if Wylie has some key players back in the line up.Wylie's sophomore QB lit it up in the second half against Graham with some really great passes. I think if Wylie is going to pull this one off, they are going to have to go to the air. I think this one will be decided on the team with the fewest mistakes. Good luck to both.