PDA

View Full Version : Newton/ Bridge City Controversy

Old Cardinal
09-01-2001, 08:38 PM
I keep hearing all this hype about Newton being so great. I attended the Bridge City/Newton game last year-Bridge City emptied their bench last year and still beat Newton by 4 touchdowns! Recently Diboll was overwhelmed 6-1 touchdowns by Bridge City in a scrimmage in BC. My point is, all polls should be divided between Div I teams and Div II teams. Teams like Bridge City, Sinton,Sweeny,Everman,Gatesville, Cleveland, etc; can stomp the touted Div II teams in the Polls. Lets get some reality in the polling process!

bearcat1
09-01-2001, 09:01 PM
I wanted to rank Lake Worth ahead of Aledo, because in my opinion Lake Worth will advance further in their Division, however, in head to head matchup I liked Aledo over them...if I had it set up by separate divisions it wouldn't have been an issue. It gave me some headaches but, overall its just too complicated to try and divide when some teams (though not either of those) could go either way.

Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
I keep hearing all this hype about Newton being so great. I attended the Bridge City/Newton game last year-Bridge City emptied their bench last year and still beat Newton by 4 touchdowns! Recently Diboll was overwhelmed 6-1 touchdowns by Bridge City in a scrimmage in BC. My point is, all polls should be divided between Div I teams and Div II teams. Teams like Bridge City, Sinton,Sweeny,Everman,Gatesville, Cleveland, etc; can stomp the touted Div II teams in the Polls. Lets get some reality in the polling process!

bearcat1
09-01-2001, 09:03 PM
Well the first part of this didn't post....I hear what you're saying about separate divisions when doing rankings. But it is complicated trying to do that without knowing for sure who's going to which division. That was the first part of that, don't know why it didn't post.
arrrgggg.

Originally posted by bearcat1:
I wanted to rank Lake Worth ahead of Aledo, because in my opinion Lake Worth will advance further in their Division, however, in head to head matchup I liked Aledo over them...if I had it set up by separate divisions it wouldn't have been an issue. It gave me some headaches but, overall its just too complicated to try and divide when some teams (though not either of those) could go either way.

3Aroy
09-02-2001, 03:08 PM
Good luck in '01 bridge city!

-Roy http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited September 02, 2001).]