PDA

View Full Version : Software question

Ranger Mom
03-05-2008, 04:48 PM
My boss wants me to get some kind of software where I can scan a form in and when it shows up on my screen I can type on the form.

Does anybody have ANY idea of where I should begin to look??

I am way out of my element here!!

Thanks in advance!!

jason
03-05-2008, 04:58 PM
what you need is optical character recognition software

http://finereader.abbyy.com/

Ranger Mom
03-05-2008, 05:10 PM
OCR! We have had it before and never could get it to work. It's been several years ago, maybe it's more user friendly now??

Rabbit'93
03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
try adobe

BILLYFRED0000
03-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
try adobe

Yeah Adobe professional is good at pdf files and such. I would have someone demo the stuff for you and see if it was what you wanted.

jason
03-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yeah Adobe professional is good at pdf files and such. I would have someone demo the stuff for you and see if it was what you wanted. it is good with pdf's but when you scan a piece of paper, all you really have is an image - she wants something to turn that image into an editable form - adobe can only open/edit/create pdf's - it cannot translate a document from an image to a file that can be edited

Ranger Mom
03-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by jason
it is good with pdf's but when you scan a piece of paper, all you really have is an image - she wants something to turn that image into an editable form - adobe can only open/edit/create pdf's - it cannot translate a document from an image to a file that can be edited

The link you provided gives you a 15 day free demo download to play with. I am going to try that when I can stay off this dang board long enough to get some other stuff caught up!:doh:

CHS_CG
03-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The link you provided gives you a 15 day free demo download to play with. I am going to try that when I can stay off this dang board long enough to get some other stuff caught up!:doh:

you know that wont happen... just setting yourself up for a let down lol.