PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Swayze - only 5 weeks to live

Ranger Mom
03-05-2008, 03:06 PM
"Dirty Dancing" star Patrick Swayze was diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer that has spread to other organs and he has five weeks left to live, according to the National Enquirer.

For the past month, Patrick, 55, has been traveling to Stanford University's prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors no longer are optimistic that the treatments will be successful, the Enquirer says.

FOXNews.com's calls to Swayze's reps were not immediately returned. But a "very good source" reportedly told blogger Perez Hilton that Swayze has seemed fine lately.

"Patrick has been at rehearsals for a new cheerleading movie at Century City studio frequently lately, and he definitely does not look like he has 5 more weeks of life left…i'm not sure of his medical condition(s), but if he is gravely ill, he is hiding it very well," the source wrote.

According to the Enquirer, Patrick and his wife, Lisa Niemi — who both have pilot's licenses — have been flying their private Beechcraft plane into Palo Alto's airport, minutes from the Stanford Cancer Center, where the actor reportedly has received outpatient treatment.

He received three doses of chemotherapy and the tumor shrank, but less than his doctors had hoped for — and Patrick was told he should prepare for the worst, the Enquirer reports.

"He was told he could have two more treatments, but his cancer was not responding. In short — they held out little hope for a cure," an insider reportedly said.

The "Ghost" actor has lost more than 20 pounds in the past few weeks and is restricted to a liquid diet because he has trouble keeping down solid food, the insider reportedly added.

link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335210,00.html)

Sad news! :(

Ranger Mom
03-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I just realized it said "according to the National Enquirer"....I wonder how much of the story is legit??:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
03-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just realized it said "according to the National Enquirer"....I wonder how much of the story is legit??:thinking:
"Patrick and his wife, Lisa Niemi — who both have pilot's licenses" Probably this much.... ;)

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2008, 03:10 PM

LOL! I stopped reading when I got to that part. I going to check out
CNN.:thinking: :D

Mace Griffin
03-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I hope its not true Patrick is a great actor and great man

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2008, 03:12 PM
I googled instead. Fox news reports the same.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335210,00.html

LH Panther Mom
03-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I googled instead. Fox news reports the same.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335210,00.html
:doh: :doh: That's the same link RM has. :D

Ranger Mom
03-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: That's the same link RM has. :D

ROFL!! Did they think I was getting my info directly from the National Enquirer!!:p

LH Panther Mom
03-05-2008, 03:16 PM
ROFL!! Did they think I was getting my info directly from the National Enquirer!!:p
Well, I think Bat Boy is getting married. :eek: :eek: :D ;)

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2008, 03:17 PM

Well.....see......uh......what happened was........okay yes I did.:D

STANG RED
03-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Think I'll wait till a credible news source reports it (and not using the National Enquirer as the source), before I believe it.

Ranger Mom
03-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Think I'll wait till a credible news source reports it (and not using the National Enquirer as the source), before I believe it.

Everything I have seen so far is using "National Enquirer" as their source...now I wish I would have waited to post this.

I just hope it's not true....I really like him!!:(

STANG RED
03-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Everything I have seen so far is using "National Enquirer" as their source...now I wish I would have waited to post this.

I just hope it's not true....I really like him!!:(

Yea he's always been one of my favorites also. I sure hope its not true!
Didnt he do some Disney movies in his early days, much like Kurt Russell?

Maroon87
03-05-2008, 03:31 PM
He'll beat it. After all...he's Dalton, the baddest dude in the Double Duece. ;)

Texasfootball2
03-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yea he's always been one of my favorites also. I sure hope its not true!
Didnt he do some Disney movies in his early days, much like Kurt Russell?

He! along with many more of todays stars was in "The Outsiders". Great movie. We could start a thread on naming all of todays stars who played a role in this movie before they were anybody of significants.

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
He! along with many more of todays stars was in "The Outsiders". Great movie. We could start a thread on naming all of todays stars who played a role in this movie before they were anybody of significants.

Emilio Estevez.:thinking:

Maroon87
03-05-2008, 03:41 PM

Tom Cruise.

Ranger Mom
03-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Matt Dillon

STANG RED
03-05-2008, 03:42 PM

The Greasers:
C. Thomas Howell
Rob Lowe
Patrick Swayze
Ralph Macchio
Matt Dillon
Emilio Estevez
Tom Cruise

Wow, pretty impressive cast!

Ranger Mom
03-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Leif Garrett

I didn't know he was in the movie until the last time I saw it a couple of months ago.

Lion_Addict
03-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
He'll beat it. After all...he's Dalton, the baddest dude in the Double Duece. ;)

Now there's a movie I've seen a number of times....."Roadhouse". He was a bad dude! Ripped out the throats. Jeff Heely (spelling?), who passed away the other day, was in that movie too.

Maroon87
03-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Matt Dillon

"Do it for Johnny, man! Do it for Johnny!"

Maroon87
03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Leif Garrett

I didn't know he was in the movie until the last time I saw it a couple of months ago.

Diane Lane was in it too...:inlove:

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2008, 04:07 PM

Here's a picture of her from the movie. I would've posted one
from Unfaithful but I didn't want to get rommed.:thinking: :D

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/dianelane.jpg

88bobcats
03-05-2008, 04:26 PM

Mmmmmmm.......Diane Lane......yummy!

Sweetwater Red
03-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats
Mmmmmmm.......Diane Lane......yummy!

Then AND now.:thinking:

88bobcats
03-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Then AND now.:thinking:

And of course she had to play the role of "Cherry" in The Outsiders.

Diane Lane as Sherri "Cherry" Valance.....double yummy!

Lion_Addict
03-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Making me HUNGRY.....She is kinda purty :devil: :D

slingshot
03-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Regardless of the source... If he really has pancreatic cancer--outlook is grim. That is about the worst of the worst. In 18 years of medical practice I have yet to see a patient live more than a year after diagnosis... Prayers go out to him and his family.

Txbroadcaster
03-05-2008, 06:33 PM
LOS ANGELES - Patrick Swayze is being treated for pancreatic cancer but is doing well enough to continue working, his representative said Wednesday

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080305/ap_en_mo/people_swayze_cancer_6

ILS1
03-05-2008, 08:44 PM
LOS ANGELES - Patrick Swayze’s doctor is “optimistic” about his prognosis for battling pancreatic cancer, and the “Dirty Dancing” actor’s upcoming cable pilot is still in contention to become a series.

With the writer’s strike over, the A&E pilot “The Beast,” starring Swayze as an unorthodox FBI agent, is being considered to be turned into a series by the cable network. If that happens, the “Dirty Dancing” and “Ghost” star hopes to continue to be part of the show, his representative Annett Wolf told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Swayze has been undergoing treatment for the disease, Wolf confirmed in a statement. The National Cancer Institute estimates there will be 37,680 new cases of pancreatic cancer in 2008 with 34,290 deaths in the U.S.; only five percent of patients live more than five years after being diagnosed.

“Patrick has a very limited amount of disease and he appears to be responding well to treatment thus far,” Swayze’s physician Dr. George Fisher said in a statement released by Wolf. “All of the reports stating the timeframe of his prognosis and his physical side effects are absolutely untrue. We are considerably more optimistic.”

Wolf said Swayze, 55, shot “The Beast” pilot last December and isn’t currently working on any new projects. A&E issued a statement Wednesday stating “The Beast” was still in contention to become one of the network’s new original drama series and wished Swayze a speedy recovery.

Story Link (www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23488585/)

NastySlot
03-05-2008, 11:55 PM
he was Jed Eckert in Red Dawn..............man that was a classic.....I believe he's from Houston.

Bull Butter
03-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
he was Jed Eckert in Red Dawn..............man that was a classic.....I believe he's from Houston.

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!

NastySlot
03-06-2008, 12:07 AM
another favorite role was Darry in the Outsiders..............but of the movies I saw him in was call City of Joy...that was good...........and then I did like Roadhouse.

Maroon87
03-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot

On Tuesday's episode of "Jericho" one of the characters mentioned "Red Dawn." I thought that was kinda fitting.