PDA

View Full Version : Religion & Politics Forum?

Old Tiger
03-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Why don't we have a religion and politics forum? It could have its own set of moderators so that the moderators for the main forums can watch and maintain that. It would make their jobs easier and would provide some quality debates.

sinton66
03-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Because it would be a direct violation of rule #4.

Old Tiger
03-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Because it would be a direct violation of rule #4. Not if you omit rule 4 and create it then it would be a great forum for people to ask for prayer and talk politics without fear of deletion/ROM'ing. Plus the forum would have its own moderators and wouldn't take anything away from the main forum.

LH Panther Mom
03-05-2008, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Not if you omit rule 4 and create it then it would be a great forum for people to ask for prayer and talk politics without fear of deletion/ROM'ing. Plus the forum would have its own moderators and wouldn't take anything away from the main forum.
I'm sure there are other places you can find for that.

Ranger Mom
03-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Not if you omit rule 4 and create it then it would be a great forum for people to ask for prayer and talk politics without fear of deletion/ROM'ing. Plus the forum would have its own moderators and wouldn't take anything away from the main forum.

I never knew we ROM'd anyone for asking for prayer!:eek:

LH Panther Mom
03-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I never knew we ROM'd anyone for asking for prayer!:eek:
I'm thinking he doesn't quite understand the meaning of rule # 4. ;) Or maybe we should start? :confused: :eek:

LionKing
03-10-2008, 03:00 PM
No. I've seen other sites that had religious forums and they start out great and informative, then turn ugly and mean, even worse than political forums, sports sites should just stay that way, just sports.

sinton66
03-10-2008, 08:06 PM

Look upon the rules page as the "terms of use" of our website. You can agree or disagree. As such, no existing rules are likely to be removed (and since it is still evolving, more may actually be added later). Religion and Politics are well beyond our mission. Asking for prayers is a general request and does not invoke a PARTICULAR religion nor promote one over another, and is therefore not a violation of rule #4. As LHPM said, I'm sure you can find that sort of thing on other websites.