PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Pro

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Who has seen it so far?

I thought it sucked and wasn't funny.

Adidas410s
03-03-2008, 11:56 AM
We saw it on Friday and thought it was pretty good. It's definitely a different style of humor and one of the strongest language films that WF has done...but it was pretty good. The outfits and the operations that a lot of ABA teams went through were well depicted and that provided a lot of laughs.

marler1972
03-03-2008, 02:51 PM
I thought it was funny but I am ready for will's next movie to come out Stepbrother.

BobcatBenny
03-03-2008, 03:51 PM
You are all "Jive Turkeys!"

TexanAlum_06
03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I found it funny, But I think it will only be humorous to people that find that style of humor funny. People that try and take it seriously and want it to have a strong story line with great acting are going to be dissapointed. You have to take WF movies for what they are.

buff4life
03-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Who has seen it so far?

I thought it sucked and wasn't funny.

You think every movie sucks...if you were a critic there would be no award shows whatsoever

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
You think every movie sucks...if you were a critic there would be no award shows whatsoever This movie was not up to Will Farrell standards

Old School - great
Elf - great
Blades of Glory - great
Daytona Nights - great
Anchorman - great
Semi-Pro - crap

K-MAC Chuck
03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

Daytona Nights - great

Actually it was Talladega Nights...but hey, that's just a NASCAR fan being picky...:devil:

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Actually it was Talladega Nights...but hey, that's just a NASCAR fan being picky...:devil: Mistake noted. Regardless of if it's talladega or daytona it was great.

eagles_victory
03-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Talladega Nights sucked and this movie sucked too. I wish WF could come up at least with a little variation in his acting. Tired of seeing him play the same character every movie.

Elf- good
Blades of Glory- good
Anchorman- average
Talladega Nights- sucks
Semi- Pro - sucks

SWMustang
03-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Talladega Nights sucked and this movie sucked too. I wish WF could come up at least with a little variation in his acting. Tired of seeing him play the same character every movie.

Elf- good
Blades of Glory- good
Anchorman- average
Talladega Nights- sucks
Semi- Pro - sucks

elf > anchorman? No way.

eagles_victory
03-03-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
elf > anchorman? No way. Not the same kind of movie it had other people in it the balance Ferrell out when its just him its non stop annoying random crap thrown together the whole time.

jimmyceatworld
03-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Anchorman is the best movie of forever

SWMustang
03-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Not the same kind of movie it had other people in it the balance Ferrell out when its just him its non stop annoying random crap thrown together the whole time.

that might be where we differ in our opinions. I like the sophomoric style of Will Ferrel. That "feel good" elf movie with people singing christmas carols to get santa's sleigh off the ground - horrible.

Maroon87
03-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Will Ferrell's cameo in "Wedding Crashers" was awesome...

piratebg
03-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Will Ferrell was awesome on SNL, but I have a hard time getting into his movies.

GreenGobbla
03-03-2008, 07:50 PM
anchorman is the best one he's done, followed by elf, and then old school

Matthew328
03-03-2008, 09:31 PM
MAAAAA MEATLOAF!!!! NOW!!!

I don't know what she does in there, what is she doing???

LOL

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
MAAAAA MEATLOAF!!!! NOW!!!

I don't know what she does in there, what is she doing???

LOL haha.

Diocletian
03-03-2008, 10:26 PM
One of the best movies WF ever did was Winter Passing. He is far better of an actor being funny in a serious movie. I agree his latest movies haven't been very funny.

Most of those cast members from SNL take characters they did well on the show and make a movie about that, instead of playing rediculous roles. But when you think about it, WF best work on SNL was the celebrity jeopardy skits. Which was the only reocurring role he had that was very very funny.

buff4life
03-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Will Ferrell's cameo in "Wedding Crashers" was awesome...

so true...watched that on tbs the other night...

Panther One
03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
I don't really like Will Ferrell movies, but I did like Elf. Anchorman was alright. It does provide some memorable quotes. Old School was good because of Luke Wilson and Vince Vaughn. Ferrell's character was a good addition to those two. I didn't like him in Wedding Crashers. That almost ruined the movie for me. It's just something about his acting style that turns me off. You really have to like him to like his movies. Adam Sandler fits that mold. Most of his movies are the same acting style, but I like Sandler, so I like his movies. Ben Stiller kind of fits that mold, too.