PDA

View Full Version : Dave Campbells Football Magazine

renegade*dawg
08-15-2002, 01:01 PM
I was wondering what some of you think about the stats in this magazine. I always kind of thought what they put in there was kind of close to being accurate.
This will be my sons first year on varsity and the stats that are in there about our school are so far off it's not even funny. They have most of our J.V. listed as returning starters and many other way off things listed. The kids are proud to see there names but it makes you wonder where they get this stuff.

OrangeBlood
08-15-2002, 01:04 PM
I've never seen a head coach that wouldn't pad his stats just a little....esp. heights weights, and 40 times....

renegade*dawg
08-15-2002, 01:22 PM
hmmm.... I see your point considering our past. Makes sense. Just curious if it came from the coaches or not.

sinton66
08-15-2002, 01:23 PM
You're right Orangeblood, they get those stats from the local staffs, and they sometimes don't let them know everything.

Old Cardinal
08-15-2002, 02:36 PM
It's my understanding that low paid college students call and if the janitor answers they will take the info told to them as gospel, without further checking. Therefore, some accurate info- some possibly bogus info. I would put more faith in the Harris stuff and the Alan Outlook. Has the Harris Poll been published its about time?

eye of the tiger
08-15-2002, 02:57 PM
I dont know how long stats have been padded, but I do know I was listed as 2 inchs taller and 15 pounds heavier and I played about the same time Noah was building the big boat.

SAsports.com
08-15-2002, 04:38 PM
Well, sometimes it can be blamed on the jackarses in the media (I can say this, I am one..)

In high school, one of the local writers came up to my school, and as I was one of that particular paper's all-state cornerbacks (I played in Idaho, so all-state doesn't necessarily mean decent) they asked for my height and weight, and I told them the truth: 5'9, 155 (if I was going to lie, I'd make up something a bit less humilitating than that, ya think?) Anyhow, next day I open the paper and find myself listed at 6'0 and 195. So.. go figure.