PDA

View Full Version : 2007-08 State Farm Lone Star Showdown Updates.

Phil C
03-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Right now there are no events until April. After three stright losing years I think this is going to be the Aggies' year in a close one. It will most likely be a 10 - 9 score and 10 is the minimum you need to win. They are ahead 6.5 to 4.5 right now. Right now what is left is two softball games which are 1/2 point each and 1 point each for Men and Women's tennis, 1 point each for Men and Women's Golf and 1 point each for Men and Women's Outdoor Track and Field and 1 point for baseball. My predictions have been right on so far.

I think that the two school's will split the Outdoor Track and Field points with UT takin the Men's and A&M the Womens. In Golf I look for A&M to get both points. In Tennis I look for UT to get both points even though the Women's match is in College Station and the Aggies are extra tough to beat there and could pull an upset. Remember these Women's tennis matches have been extremely close lately with home team winning the past two years.

A&M should sweep the two softball games but perhaps UT can fight in Austin and get a split there.

For UT to get a tie and let baseball decide it (and it is too close for me to call right now), UT must get a split in the golf sports and in softball and must sweep the tennis sports. I don't think it will happen though. It is close but it should be the Aggies year in this fourth year of this competition.

Panther One
03-03-2008, 02:06 AM
And there were a lot of people, Aggies included, that laughed when this was started saying that Byrne was setting us up for embarassment. That man is the best thing to ever happen to Aggie Athletics. It'll be a sad day when he leaves.

buff4life
03-03-2008, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
And there were a lot of people, Aggies included, that laughed when this was started saying that Byrne was setting us up for embarassment. That man is the best thing to ever happen to Aggie Athletics. It'll be a sad day when he leaves.

yall have lost three straight years in a row....nothing in the bag yet

Panther One
03-03-2008, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
yall have lost three straight years in a row....nothing in the bag yet
Did I say it was...NO. I was just pointing out that many people questioned why Bill Byrne would enter into something like this, thinking it would just be an embarassment for the Aggies, and it was the first two years. The last two years are a much different story, however.

Here's the past results including where the tally was each year through this point in the schedule. As you so kindly pointed out, nothing is in the bag, but as you can see, things are looking a little different this year than in years past.

04-05: Horns win 14.5 - 4.5 (Horns led 8 - 3)
05-06: Horns win 14 - 5 (Horns led 8.5 - 2.5
06-07: Horns win 10.5 - 8.5 (Horns led 6 - 5)
07-08: Ags leads 6.5 - 4.5

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
your still aggy ;)