PDA

View Full Version : Mavs vs Lakers 230 ABC

eagles_victory
03-02-2008, 02:03 PM
2nd game of a brutal 4 game stretch for the Mavs where they play the Spurs Lakers Jazz and Rockets. Lost the first one to San Antonio this should be a good game today. Lakers are coming off of having their 10 game winning streak snapped Friday night by the Blazers.

JR2004
03-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Today might be a good day for Dallas to get us since we're playing 3 guys, possibly 4 if Space Cadet doesn't play, short in the rotation. Should be fun watching Bill's son attempt to have to guard Howard...lol.

eagles_victory
03-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Today might be a good day for Dallas to get us since we're playing 3 guys, possibly 4 if Space Cadet doesn't play, short in the rotation. Should be fun watching Bill's son attempt to have to guard Howard...lol. Good game so far from what Ive seen I have been in and out. This Laker team is going to be scary when Bynum gets back if he plays at the level he was playing early on. I love Derek Fisher and Fish has been playing really good for this team this year. His shot has gotten so much better since he came into the league. He seems like one of those guys that was always a little out of place anywhere else besides LA.

Bull's-eye
03-02-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm a little disappointed in what I see in the Lakers. Dirk and Josh Howard are having terrible shooting performances and the Lakers are still trailing.

Bull's-eye
03-02-2008, 05:58 PM
The Lakers starting to make their move, but the "Machine" looks broken.

Phil C
03-02-2008, 06:19 PM
In OT tied at 93-93. Not a bad effort by the Mavs in LA.

Phil C
03-02-2008, 06:22 PM
LA 98 Dallas 93 in OT. Unforutnately the Lakers are taking over in the OT.

Phil C
03-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Still close but I think LA is going to pull it out. :(

Phil C
03-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Less than 2 min with LA ahead 102 to 96.

Phil C
03-02-2008, 06:30 PM
About a minute left and LA is ahead 104 to 100. Dallas has the ball.

Phil C
03-02-2008, 06:33 PM
15 seconds left and LA ahead by three but Dallas has the ball. I don't think they can pull it off. Home Court advantage is main advantage in a game like this.

Bull's-eye
03-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Kidd misses a big free throw!

eagles_victory
03-02-2008, 06:35 PM
come on jason gotta make that.

Phil C
03-02-2008, 06:36 PM
About ten seconds left. Jason Kidd had a chance to tie it up as Lakers led by one. Jason fouls the wrong man - Bryant. A great game by Dallas but they are choking.

Phil C
03-02-2008, 06:39 PM
LA ahead by 4 with less than 3 seconds. Dallas played great but didn't get it done in the clutch.

Phil C
03-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Game over. Lakers win 108 to 104.

eagles_victory
03-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
About ten seconds left. Jason Kidd had a chance to tie it up as Lakers led by one. Jason fouls the wrong man - Bryant. A great game by Dallas but they are choking. That wasnt a choke tough for a team to choke when they hit a 3 pointer with 2 seconds left to send it into OT. IMO they just got beat by a better team

Bull's-eye
03-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Great game with Kobe scoring 52 points. Nowitzki struggled early, but came on to score 30 points. Where was Josh Howard?

PHS Wildcats
03-02-2008, 06:47 PM
If the Rockets win tonight, the Mavs will be 7th in the west.

:clap:

FYI, I'm not a Rockets fan;)

Just a Shaq fan!!!

Emerson1
03-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Great game with Kobe scoring 52 points. Nowitzki struggled early, but came on to score 30 points. Where was Josh Howard?
He hasn't shot over %30 in a month, I was hoping he would break out of it during this game.

Bull's-eye
03-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Howard 4-15, Kidd 6-17, Stackhouse 2-12, Terry 5-13 & Dirk 10-26

Don't know if this is choking, but they didn't shoot very well.

eagles_victory
03-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Howard 4-15, Kidd 6-17, Stackhouse 2-12, Terry 5-13 & Dirk 10-26

Don't know if this is choking, but they didn't shoot very well. how can it be choking when dirk was horrible the whole game and came huge in the 4th and OT. Wouldnt it be the opposite great all game and nowhere to be found at the end of the game? Plus its a regular season early March game Im sure guys that have been in the game 7s in the playoffs and the western and eastern conference finals arent nervous to the point of choking for a early March game.

Bull's-eye
03-02-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm not sure of everybody's definition of choking, but I would expect my stud players to bring their A game from start to finish. As good as Dirk was down the stretch, he still ended up shooting 10-26. Where was Josh Howard? If he wants to be a #2 player, he has to be a factor. Props to Dampier who scored 16 points on 7-7 shooting and hauled down 17 boards. Can you choke early in the game or does choking only happen late in the game? Kidd missed a free throw in OT that could be considered choking. The good news, as bad as the Mavericks shot, they still could of won the game. Kobe had a great game with 52 points, but the Lakers could of easily loss this game despite his super efforts.

eagles_victory
03-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm not sure of everybody's definition of choking, but I would expect my stud players to bring their A game from start to finish. As good as Dirk was down the stretch, he still ended up shooting 10-26. Where was Josh Howard? If he wants to be a #2 player, he has to be a factor. Props to Dampier who scored 16 points on 7-7 shooting and hauled down 17 boards. Can you choke early in the game or does choking only happen late in the game? Kidd missed a free throw in OT that could be considered choking. The good news, as bad as the Mavericks shot, they still could of won the game. Kobe had a great game with 52 points, but the Lakers could of easily loss this game despite his super efforts. Avery needs to work on pick and roll defesne they did a horrible job of covering Kobe on pick and roll late in the game. The team defense they played today wasnt very good at all.

Bull's-eye
03-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Dallas has to shoot better than 37%, take away Dampier's 7-7 and the Mavericks were only 31-96 shooting for 32%.

Bull's-eye
03-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Dallas must now play a back-to-back game in Utah, where the Jazz own a 25-3 record.

Bull's-eye
03-03-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm looking for JR's views of this game. Kobe had a great game, but what about the other Lakers. What's your take on the Kidd trade?

JR2004
03-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Very disappointing game for the Lakers...

Laker fans DIDN'T GET TACOS. Let me repeat that. THEY DIDN'T GET FREE TACOS. That's really what home games have come down to. If the fans get free tacos the game was a success. If not it's a complete failure on the part of the team in not doing it's main job of getting everyone free food. That's pretty demoralizing for the fans to be denied free tacos. Thanks Dirk for screwing that up!

This video shows what it's like when the team rewards the fans with the tacos they covet so much. It's pure bliss!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=scvHEyGADl0

JR2004
03-03-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm looking for JR's views of this game. Kobe had a great game, but what about the other Lakers. What's your take on the Kidd trade?

My view is that Bryant was on fire as he usually is when he sees the word Mavericks on the opposing team's jersey. There is literally nothing Dallas can do to slow him down once he gets it going. He really hasn't done that a whole lot this season because he hasn't had to, but with all the injuries recently he had to have a big game offensively.

Lamar played great on Dirk for three and a half quarters. Every shot was contested, even the ones down the stretch (with the exception of the three to send it to OT). He had to earn every point.

Gasol is a PF playing out of position, but doing a bang up job most nights while Bynum continues to recover.

The other Lakers played good on the defensive end, but were off offensively. Fish has been off for about the last 5 or 6 games and The Machine and Farmar were due for a clunker after how well they've been shooting. Most of their shots were uncontested and they usually knock them down. Just one of those days. We also really don't play that well on the early starts and we really need Space Cadet (Radmanovic) and Ariza. Radmanovic, Vujacic, Farmar and Fisher give us 4 guys who shoot between 39 and 42 percent from distance. Sasha has been up around 50 percent for the last month and a half and Space Cadet hasn't been far behind.

Ariza is a GIANT key to what we do in the post-season. To get him from Orlando for Brian Cook and Maurice Evans was an absolute steal. Aside from Bryant he's the best perimeter defender we have and is one of the best baseline slashers in the league. Ask Grant Hill what he thinks of Ariza after this happened on Christmas...lol.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1v6OIFNme6w

Kidd really hasn't done much to change who Dallas is. Five years ago he could've transformed them into a title favorite. Dallas didn't get that Kidd. Vujacic did a great job harrassing him down the stretch (He usually plays well defensively and has pissed off several of the better players in the league this season with his defense. Ask Carmelo and others how much they like him.). I don't see them making it out of the first round.

Bull's-eye
03-03-2008, 12:33 PM
What do they have to do to get free tacos? When I was little, the Rockets would give free chicken if they scored over 130 points. Back in the 70's, the NBA teams had higher scoring games, so it did happen several times. In the recent past, the Rockets would give Big Macs for scoring a 100 points or holding the opposition to under 80, assuming the home team won the game. Last year, they gave the Big Macs whenever they won the game. My nephews would go find tickets that fans had left in the stadium. One time, we came up with about 20 free Big Macs. I would feed everybody at work, so they liked it when the Rockets won. This season they don't give us anything. :(

JR2004
03-03-2008, 12:46 PM
What do they have to do to get free tacos? When I was little, the Rockets would give free chicken if they scored over 130 points. Back in the 70's, the NBA teams had higher scoring games, so it did happen several times. In the recent past, the Rockets would give Big Macs for scoring a 100 points or holding the opposition to under 80, assuming the home team won the game. Last year, they gave the Big Macs whenever they won the game. My nephews would go find tickets that fans had left in the stadium. One time, we came up with about 20 free Big Macs. I would feed everybody at work, so they liked it when the Rockets won. This season they don't give us anything. :(

Gotta hold them under a 100 and it's tacos for everyone. There have been quite a few taco games this season. Dirk's three, however, killed the dream of more free tacos yesterday. My signature comes for when Mbenga blocked Linas Kleiza with just seconds left and it gave the fans more free tacos at Denver's expense. Apparently Mbenga has problems pronouncing tacos and it comes out more like Dacos like this short video from his Dallas days.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T1rZBxn3Zx8

Is it silly that fans who are paying for the most expensive ticket in the league to want some free tacos? Sure, but it's hilarious to watch the end of games seeing them chant for them like in the video posted in my other reply. The Nuggets actually got pissed off after that game because they felt it was disrespectful for them to be chanting "We Want Tacos".

Bull's-eye
03-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Is it silly that fans who are paying for the most expensive ticket in the league to want some free tacos? Sure, but it's hilarious to watch the end of games seeing them chant for them like in the video posted in my other reply.

Maybe, that's why the Lakers keep it dark in the stands. Are they Jack in the Box tacos? You can get two for .99 cents down here. :D