PDA

View Full Version : Brownwoods DB Vacarro comitts to......

BEAST
03-02-2008, 12:08 PM
The University of Texas. He is the First of atleast 3 that will commit before the season starts.

BEAST

Lion_Addict
03-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Now that's what I was hoping to hear :clap:. UT got 'em a heck of an athlete.

cr180t
03-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Does he run track?

BEAST
03-02-2008, 04:12 PM
yes

BEAST

cr180t
03-02-2008, 04:43 PM
What does he run? WHo are the other 3 and do they run track?

Old Tiger
03-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
The University of Texas. He is the First of atleast 3 that will commit before the season starts.

BEAST Which means absolutely nothing.

See Burnet 2002 & 2003

See Gilmer 2007

BEAST
03-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by cr180t

Not sure what all he runs, with baseball and soccer, our track team has not totally been put together yet.

The other two are QB Casey Pachall. He has recieved an offer from Notre Dame and is getting much attention from a ton of others. He runs track, last year he ran the 200 and the relays. The third on Offensive Tackle Stavion Lowe. At 6'5" 300lbs he is not exactly a track guy. I am sure he throws.

BEAST

LionKing
03-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Which means absolutely nothing.

See Burnet 2002 & 2003

See Gilmer 2007 Uh, yea, it means 3 will be commited before the season starts.

eagles_victory
03-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Not sure what all he runs, with baseball and soccer, our track team has not totally been put together yet.

The other two are QB Casey Pachall. He has recieved an offer from Notre Dame and is getting much attention from a ton of others. He runs track, last year he ran the 200 and the relays. The third on Offensive Tackle Stavion Lowe. At 6'5" 300lbs he is not exactly a track guy. I am sure he throws.

BEAST Dont go to Notre Dame lol

BwdLions
03-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by cr180t

Kenny is a Long Jumper and Triple Jumper. I'm not sure what else he does in track but I know he won the long jump at the S'ville meet with a 20-7.75 and finished 2nd in the triple jump with a 41-1.75.

c-town_balla
03-03-2008, 09:36 AM
what casey is saying is that you...(brownwood people) will some how use the fact that you have 3 d1s to show you will easily go undefeated and win state. and as with Burnet and Gilmer D1s don't matter

Sweetwater Red
03-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
what casey is saying is that you...(brownwood people) will some how use the fact that you have 3 d1s to show you will easily go undefeated and win state. and as with Burnet and Gilmer D1s don't matter

Win state? They might not even make the playoffs.:thinking:

:devil: :D :devil:

jason
03-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Win state? They might not even make the playoffs.:thinking:

:devil: :D :devil: they had those same D1 players last year and missed the playoffs...

c-town_balla
03-03-2008, 09:51 AM
That was my thought...

Texasfootball2
03-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Maybe he should play soccer if he's a great athlete. They could have use some help avoiding the season sweep and butte kicking they got Friday night.:D

Just kidding. Congrats to the boy. I think it's great when area kids get this kind of recognition.:thumbsup:

Daddy D 11
03-03-2008, 10:02 AM
is he the catcher for the baseball team??

Lion_Addict
03-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Yada Yada Yada Yada....and so on. Hmmmm....someone implied that we were gonna go undefeated and win it all huh? Where is that post. I had to have missed that one. You know what? I think there's a few fellers here a lil worried that Brownwood just may do that. Yawl sure are talking alot about it. Do I think we have a shot? Heck yeah I do! What true high school football fan wouldn't have the faith that their team could (well, with the exception of a Sweetwater fan....HA HA! I had to take a jab "Red"!) Am I saying we are gonna dominate the entire 3A division? Nope....didn't say that. Am I hoping we do? Dang right I am! Keep on keeping on fellers. I'm enjoying it :D

Lion_Addict
03-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
is he the catcher for the baseball team??

Chase Holmes is the catcher on the baseball team

LionKing
03-03-2008, 10:29 AM
what casey is saying is that you...(brownwood people) will some how use the fact that you have 3 d1s to show you will easily go undefeated and win state. and as with Burnet and Gilmer D1s don't matter Hmm, looks like ''you'' other than Brownwood fans are using the 3 D1 commits as a reason to say Brownwood will go undefeated and win state.

And by the way, those same 3 players were starters as Sophs when Brownwood did go 4 rounds deep in the 4A playoffs in 06'.

Quit posting words that we ain't saying, or I'll have to call in my messageboard ''hit'' man, he's very expensive, but very efficient.

Sweetwater Red
03-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
Hmm, looks like ''you'' other than Brownwood fans are using the 3 D1 commits as a reason to say Brownwood will go undefeated and win state.

And by the way, those same 3 players were starters as Sophs when Brownwood did go 4 rounds deep in the 4A playoffs in 06'.

Quit posting words that we ain't saying, or I'll have to call in my messageboard ''hit'' man, he's very expensive, but very efficient.

1. Check here. I'm not sure but something has probably been said here about going undefeated and winning it all.:devil:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=135238

2. You mean that 3-7 Brownwood team that even lost to lowly
ol' Sweetwater?:thinking:

3. Okay, I got nothing for the hitman thing. A word of advice
though, don't post a Mapquest link of any poster's hometown.:D :devil:

LionKing
03-03-2008, 11:43 AM
1. Check here. I'm not sure but something has probably been said here about going undefeated and winning it all.:devil:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=135238

2. You mean that 3-7 Brownwood team that even lost to lowly
ol' Sweetwater?:thinking:

3. Okay, I got nothing for the hitman thing. A word of advice
though, don't post a Mapquest link of any poster's hometown.:D :devil:
1. There have been plenty said by other than Brownwood fans (this thread is an example).
2. Yes, they did lose to Sweetwater that season 24-21, and got blew out by other teams also, but were young and hit their stride midway thru the 16-4A district race.
3. I don't use mapquest any ways, but thanks.

Rocket
03-03-2008, 02:10 PM
You idealists (cuz you can't be realists) on here that say or choose to believe that Brownwood dropping to 3A is not a big deal and Brownwood won't make the playoffs are 1 grape short of a fruit salad. The good thing is that we are not playing a bunch of sorry teams (like Celina is) and have a strong shot at being the undisputed #1 team in 3A after our undefeated pre-district schedule beating teams such as Stephenville and Liberty Hill. Won't be much room for argument after we pull that off. But the funny thing is, unlike in 4A, if we do lose any of those games, we still have a shot to win it all, BECAUSE 3A is not even close to the 4A level. Huge fall off level wise between the Top 4A and the Top 3A. Big difference. Also, that head coach from Celina who had the audactity to try to schedule SLC should be whipped. That is disrespectful. That is like TCU trying to schedule the Dallas Cowboys.

Having 3 D1 Recruits that commit before the season starts is ALWAYS a positive factor. It says alot for your program. Doesn't guarantee anything, just says that we have 3 kids that experts agree can play on the next level. Pretty good for a 3A that might not make the playoffs... yeah right.

I am going to go ahead and say that Brownwood vs. Sweetwater should be called off if Sweetwater brings their 8th Grade B Team again on Friday Night. After what happened last season at Brownwood, oh man, it was like watching TCU vs. The Dallas Cowboys. How can you comeback from that in 1 year's time? And actually talk trash to the team that did it to you? wow... This year I bet it will be worse. Well maybe if you can execute a play, you might have a little better chance of scoring 1 TD. MAYBE...

Lion_Addict
03-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Heeeee's baaaaack.....:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:.
Good to see ya Rocket, :D

Phil C
03-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Good news indeed. Now I just hope UT will be able to get at least two defensive tackles, ends and linebackers and one good tight end.

nobogey72
03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
You idealists (cuz you can't be realists) on here that say or choose to believe that Brownwood dropping to 3A is not a big deal and Brownwood won't make the playoffs are 1 grape short of a fruit salad. The good thing is that we are not playing a bunch of sorry teams (like Celina is) and have a strong shot at being the undisputed #1 team in 3A after our undefeated pre-district schedule beating teams such as Stephenville and Liberty Hill. Won't be much room for argument after we pull that off. But the funny thing is, unlike in 4A, if we do lose any of those games, we still have a shot to win it all, BECAUSE 3A is not even close to the 4A level. Huge fall off level wise between the Top 4A and the Top 3A. Big difference. Also, that head coach from Celina who had the audactity to try to schedule SLC should be whipped. That is disrespectful. That is like TCU trying to schedule the Dallas Cowboys.

Having 3 D1 Recruits that commit before the season starts is ALWAYS a positive factor. It says alot for your program. Doesn't guarantee anything, just says that we have 3 kids that experts agree can play on the next level. Pretty good for a 3A that might not make the playoffs... yeah right.

I am going to go ahead and say that Brownwood vs. Sweetwater should be called off if Sweetwater brings their 8th Grade B Team again on Friday Night. After what happened last season at Brownwood, oh man, it was like watching TCU vs. The Dallas Cowboys. How can you comeback from that in 1 year's time? And actually talk trash to the team that did it to you? wow... This year I bet it will be worse. Well maybe if you can execute a play, you might have a little better chance of scoring 1 TD. MAYBE...

WOW!! It's one thing to talk trash, but it's a completely different thing to make predictions. Sure sets yourself up to have to take a lot of S---, or eat some crow if things don't work out. Hope you aren't one of those that runs and hides if their predictions don't come true, or even worse, get amnesia and don't recall ever having said that. Anyway, keep it up Rocket. This will be fun. Hey, do you like garlic on your crow, or do you just eat it raw kindof like crow sushi? :D :D :D

injuredinmelee
03-03-2008, 02:47 PM
You wont beat Stephenville. They own you.

Lion_Addict
03-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Records, who beat who the last time, who is ranked where, etc. don't mean SQUAT when Brownwood vs. Stephenville rolls around. But thank you so much for the look into the future. You any kin to Nostradamus dude? :thinking: :D

injuredinmelee
03-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Records, who beat who the last time, who is ranked where, etc. don't mean SQUAT when Brownwood vs. Stephenville rolls around. But thank you so much for the look into the future. You any kin to Nostradamus dude? :thinking: :D

Rickadamus (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55884&highlight=rickadamus)

as a matter of fact it is Rickadamus to you underling.

Lion_Addict
03-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Rickadamus (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55884&highlight=rickadamus)

as a matter of fact it is Rickadamus to you underling.

LMAO! Very good.....:clap:. Hey man, can you please remove the pic of my Horns from your signature. It would make it easier to dislike you that way, :p

bwdlionfan
03-03-2008, 03:28 PM

The last time these teams played, this next years seniors were freshmen, and the Brownwood freshmen A team beat the Sville freshmen A team 42-0. It'll be fun to whoop Sville being a classification smaller.

jason
03-03-2008, 03:32 PM
stephenville has been, and will be, overrated...

Lion_Addict
03-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by jason
stephenville has been, and will be, overrated...

Preach it brother!!! :clap:

Sweetwater Red
03-03-2008, 03:52 PM

I can only assume you are directing this at me. So you wonder
why I'm trash talking Brownwood DESPITE the fact that ya'll beat
us 55-7?:confused:

Do you think it might be BECAUSE ya'll beat us 55-7.:thinking:

I know one thing. You take me alot more serious than I take
myself. :nerd:

Rocket
03-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
WOW!! It's one thing to talk trash, but it's a completely different thing to make predictions. Sure sets yourself up to have to take a lot of S---, or eat some crow if things don't work out. Hope you aren't one of those that runs and hides if their predictions don't come true, or even worse, get amnesia and don't recall ever having said that. Anyway, keep it up Rocket. This will be fun. Hey, do you like garlic on your crow, or do you just eat it raw kindof like crow sushi? :D :D :D

I like my crow fried. But will eat it grilled with some Baja Chipotle Marinade, as well.

I'll be here if it comes true or not. All I meant to say is that we have a strong chance to go undefeated and beat those teams and be the undisputed #1, not we will. It came out wrong. Either way, if we don't win, I will make up excuses why and not say the better team won because it is a proven fact that the better team doesn't always win. HA HA just kidding...

To Red-
I can see through you... I know you are just messing around. There will be no doubt who the big boy in our district is next season. Not worried about it 1 bit.

Sweetwater Red
03-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Either way, if we don't win, I will make up excuses why and not say the better team won because it is a proven fact that the better team doesn't always win. HA HA just kidding...

You mean like your QB losing his mind and getting ejected on
the second(?) play of the game?:devil:

Texasfootball2
03-03-2008, 04:11 PM
I like my crow fried. But will eat it grilled with some Baja Chipotle Marinade, as well.

I'll be here if it comes true or not. All I meant to say is that we have a strong chance to go undefeated and beat those teams and be the undisputed #1, not we will. It came out wrong. Either way, if we don't win, I will make up excuses why and not say the better team won because it is a proven fact that the better team doesn't always win. HA HA just kidding...

To Red-
I can see through you... I know you are just messing around. There will be no doubt who the big boy in our district is next season. Not worried about it 1 bit.

Thanks Rocket!:thumbsup: We've been called lots of things, but this is the first time we've ever been called the "Big Boy in our district"!:D Most people just refer to us as the "Big Dog":clap:

Sweetwater Red
03-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Thanks Rocket!:thumbsup: We've been called lots of things, but this is the first time we've ever been called the "Big Boy in our district"!:D Most people just refer to us as the "Big Dog":clap:

Oh lord. All you had to do was beat Clyde, Breckenridge,
Comanche and "somebody else" to win the district championship the last two years. :rolleyes:

I tell you what...you Wylie posters and your big heads.:thinking: :D

Texasfootball2
03-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Comanche and "somebody else" to win the district championship the last two years. :rolleyes:

Somebody else:thinking: :doh: :thumbsup: I like you Red:crazy1:

nobogey72
03-03-2008, 04:46 PM

Well, you know what they say..... You have a big head and you usually have a.....

big helmet.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Lion_Addict
03-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

The almighty Wylie BullFrogs.....yawl's time is done, over, no more. The whippings will be for keeps now. Oh woe is "YOU ALL", :D

SUPERMANN5107
03-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
The last time these teams played, this next years seniors were freshmen, and the Brownwood freshmen A team beat the Sville freshmen A team 42-0. It'll be fun to whoop Sville being a classification smaller.

I'm not talkin crap so don't gripe. My freshman year, Abilene Wylie beat us 48-13. Our record was 1-9. Our senior year, we went 9-4 and did very well. And we beat that same Wylie team the next 2 years we played them. Once again I'm not trash talking, just proving the point that a game played 3 years ago as freshmen doesn't amount to anything.

Lion_Addict
03-03-2008, 04:58 PM

BEAST
03-03-2008, 05:31 PM

First off, I didnt say anything about running the table although I think we can. That being said, the games have to be played and I know LH, Celina, La Vega, A Wylie are all tough opponents. However, so is THE WOOD!

Second, we will have atleast 3 DI commits before the season, possibly more after the season. Just trying to clear that up, ATLEAST 3 PROBABLY MORE:p

BEAST

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 05:32 PM
First off, I didnt say anything about running the table although I think we can. That being said, the games have to be played and I know LH, Celina, La Vega, A Wylie are all tough opponents. However, so is THE WOOD!

Second, we will have atleast 3 DI commits before the season, possibly more after the season. Just trying to clear that up, ATLEAST 3 PROBABLY MORE:p

BEAST I don't think you will run the table. IMO Brownwood is just an overhyped 4a drop down. Not uncommon though. You drop down and think you're so great and then you get reality checked.

BEAST
03-03-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't think you will run the table. IMO Brownwood is just an overhyped 4a drop down. Not uncommon though. You drop down and think you're so great and then you get reality checked.

You are probably right. Lord knows we havent played anybody worth a crap the 4 years in 16-4A. I mean that district was only the hardest district in the state of Texas in 4A hands down. But I realize that teams like Waco High, Copperas Cove, Killeen, Waco Midway, and others would just be easy road kill for you 3A studs. Oh well, like I said, I never said we would run the table, dont have to, just have to win the last 6.

BEAST

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 05:43 PM
You are probably right. Lord knows we havent played anybody worth a crap the 4 years in 16-4A. I mean that district was only the hardest district in the state of Texas in 4A hands down. But I realize that teams like Waco High, Copperas Cove, Killeen, Waco Midway, and others would just be easy road kill for you 3A studs. Oh well, like I said, I never said we would run the table, dont have to, just have to win the last 6.

BEAST Didn't Giddings blow out Waco Midway? Cove and Waco High i'll give credit.

BEAST
03-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Well how about Ennis, Brenham, Odessa Permian, Stephenville, Temple, San Angelo Central, and on the list could go. We played the best teams we could sign 4A or 5A. Keep dreamin about THE WOOD being just another 4A team that dropped down. You keep brigging up the old Burnett teams, I believe the lost 2 games those two years, both against Everman and both in the finals. By the way, I geuss Everman was just another team that dropped from 4A to 3A?

One last note, we were supposed to play Lake Travis this year in the Dave Cambell Kick off classic in San Antonio. They backed out after we went 3A. Did not want to take a chance on a 3A team knocking off the defending 4A State Champs.

BEAST

Rocket
03-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I don't think you will run the table. IMO Brownwood is just an overhyped 4a drop down. Not uncommon though. You drop down and think you're so great and then you get reality checked.

What you think = crap.

What team do you support Go Blue? You are just a troublemaker.

Don't tell me Rockdale. Oh man, please...

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 09:06 PM
What you think = crap.

What team do you support Go Blue? You are just a troublemaker.

Don't tell me Rockdale. Oh man, please... I live in Rockdale and played for Rockdale.

So I guess I support Rockdale. Go ahead make my day diss on Rockdale all you want. I also support LH because LHPM is a class act and wonderful lady.

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Well how about Ennis, Brenham, Odessa Permian, Stephenville, Temple, San Angelo Central, and on the list could go. We played the best teams we could sign 4A or 5A. Keep dreamin about THE WOOD being just another 4A team that dropped down. You keep brigging up the old Burnett teams, I believe the lost 2 games those two years, both against Everman and both in the finals. By the way, I geuss Everman was just another team that dropped from 4A to 3A?

One last note, we were supposed to play Lake Travis this year in the Dave Cambell Kick off classic in San Antonio. They backed out after we went 3A. Did not want to take a chance on a 3A team knocking off the defending 4A State Champs.

BEAST Only problem with that is recently Everman has been successful in 4a and you have not. Poor example.

injuredinmelee
03-03-2008, 09:16 PM
Wylie did fairly well against Everman when they were down in #a.

Rocket
03-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Only problem with that is recently Everman has been successful in 4a and you have not. Poor example.

Recently? What is recently? 1 year or 2 years or whatever you need to dis Brownwood?

I guess you are the self-appointed Ego Police...
Maybe we will get to play Rockdale in the playoffs (Is Rockdale a playoff caliber team? I have no earthly idea)... stomp a mudhole so far in their butt.. then you will have to continue to cheer for other teams in hopes they can beat us.. to make sure our heads don't get too big...

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Recently? What is recently? 1 year or 2 years or whatever you need to dis Brownwood?

I guess you are the self-appointed Ego Police...
Maybe we will get to play Rockdale in the playoffs (Is Rockdale a playoff caliber team? I have no earthly idea)... stomp a mudhole so far in their butt.. then you will have to continue to cheer for other teams in hopes they can beat us.. to make sure our heads don't get too big... If you think beating Rockdale to make me be quiet is what you gotta do then be my guest.

Rocket
03-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Naah... I know you are on here to just tick us Brownwood fans off...and that is fine. Fun game?

We have a lot to prove..and it will be fun to do it.

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Naah... I know you are on here to just tick us Brownwood fans off...and that is fine. Fun game?

We have a lot to prove..and it will be fun to do it. It'll be even more fun to watch the lack of proof. ;)

BEAST
03-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Only problem with that is recently Everman has been successful in 4a and you have not. Poor example.

4A Div. II Quarterfinalist. A team from our district, Waco High, had to knock us out or we would have played for all the marbles that year.

A couple of years before that, 4A Div. I Semifinalist. That should have been the state game. Got beat by Texarkana Texas High by a touchdown I believe. The next week, Texas High won the championship game by like 50pts.

Does this not equal success.

BEAST

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 09:41 PM
4A Div. II Quarterfinalist. A team from our district, Waco High, had to knock us out or we would have played for all the marbles that year.

A couple of years before that, 4A Div. I Semifinalist. That should have been the state game. Got beat by Texarkana Texas High by a touchdown I believe. The next week, Texas High won the championship game by like 50pts.

Does this not equal success.

BEAST You play to win the game.

Championship or bust at schools like Brownwood, SLC, Celina, Permian.

BEAST
03-03-2008, 09:56 PM

Another correction, Everman was not exactly kickin butt before they dropped to 3A. They picked up 2 quick titles and now they are enjoying some success in 4A. Get yo crap straight.

BEAST

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 09:57 PM
Another correction, Everman was not exactly kickin butt before they dropped to 3A. They picked up 2 quick titles and now they are enjoying some success in 4A. Get yo crap straight.

BEAST More success than Brownwood ;)

c-town_balla
03-03-2008, 10:13 PM
dude casey....whats brownwoods deal?

Old Tiger
03-03-2008, 10:17 PM
dude casey....whats brownwoods deal? confused.

c-town_balla
03-03-2008, 10:21 PM
I confuse myself

thewyliefan
03-04-2008, 12:24 AM
do all the bwood posters really think they are just going to walk right on through 3A? thats what it is sounds like for the most part. and im tired of hearing about how well they did like 4 years or 7 years or however many years ago.....last time i checked those players are gone.

Old Tiger
03-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
do all the bwood posters really think they are just going to walk right on through 3A? thats what it is sounds like for the most part. and im tired of hearing about how well they did like 4 years or 7 years or however many years ago.....last time i checked those players are gone. Didn't you get the memo....they're going to have 3 players committed to d1 schools before the season starts! BE AFRAID!!!!!!

thewyliefan
03-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Didn't you get the memo....they're going to have 3 players committed to d1 schools before the season starts! BE AFRAID!!!!!!

of course how could i have missed it :doh:

Lion_Addict
03-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Didn't you get the memo....they're going to have 3 players committed to d1 schools before the season starts! BE AFRAID!!!!!!

That's the problem Blue......I think there are some people here that are "AFRAID". They keep on bringing up how Brownwood thinks we are gonna run rough shot. Some here just can't help themselves. It's like they are obsessed, oppressed, depressed.....ummmm, maybe a lil skeered :evillol:. The WOOD'S coming......"It's Clobbering Time"! :D :devil:

Looking4number8
03-04-2008, 08:42 AM
We do not think we will waltz thru 3A but we do think we will be very succssful. We know (and you know but do not want to admit) that we have a much better chance of winning a state title in 3A than we did in 4A.

Many 4A teams are very weak and no more competitive than 3A teams, however the top 10 or 20 in 4A are very strong. Look at teams like Lake Travis, Aledo, Stephenville, Cove, Waco High, Lamar Consoladated and Highland Park. These are very tough schools that most 3A schools can not compete with. These schools have a very deep level of talent. They also have budgets can overpay the best coaches. 3A schools (including Brownwood) dont have that.

08 football is going to be fun. We will see how deep Brownwood goes. Hope we do win it all! I know the kids are working hard for a sucessful year.

Rocket
03-04-2008, 09:51 AM
do all the bwood posters really think they are just going to walk right on through 3A? thats what it is sounds like for the most part. and im tired of hearing about how well they did like 4 years or 7 years or however many years ago.....last time i checked those players are gone.

We will walk right through Wylie. LOL

Last time I checked, we aren't in 4A anymore. Any given year Brownwood is 3 Rounds deep, and now you add the factor of us being in 3A... NOTHING GUARANTEED... just alot better chances in 3A.

pirate4state
03-04-2008, 09:56 AM
hee hee

and all the 3A faithful is trying to tell yall is that we've heard this song & dance before!

it is WAY to early to be handing out any hardware, but this sure has made for some entertaining reading. i can hardly wait until the season starts!

Daddy D 11
03-04-2008, 09:58 AM

BEAST

picked up 2 quick titles? haha thats the funniest thing ive read on this thread so far. Obviously Brownwood doesnt know how to "pick up" titles or their kids would have 2 big rings on their fingers like ours do:D

Black_Magic
03-04-2008, 10:03 AM
That's the problem Blue......I think there are some people here that are "AFRAID". They keep on bringing up how Brownwood thinks we are gonna run rough shot. Some here just can't help themselves. It's like they are obsessed, oppressed, depressed.....ummmm, maybe a lil skeered :evillol:. The WOOD'S coming......"It's Clobbering Time"! :D :devil: maybe we should go ahead and give the district championship to them right now and the rest play for second. I have a feeling that its gonna be funny at the end of the season with all this boasting right now. ;)

Daddy D 11
03-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
maybe we should go ahead and give the district championship to them right now and the rest play for second. I have a feeling that its gonna be funny at the end of the season with all this boasting right now. ;)

yeah kinda like snyder last year:p ;)

Lion_Addict
03-04-2008, 10:13 AM
maybe we should go ahead and give the district championship to them right now and the rest play for second.

Again......coming from a poster that isn't from Brownwood, HMMMMM :D

I have a feeling that its gonna be funny at the end of the season with all this boasting right now. ;)

Yep, sure it will be funny.........for some. I love to have a good laugh. :D ;)

Lion_Addict
03-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hee hee

and all the 3A faithful is trying to tell yall is that we've heard this song & dance before!

it is WAY to early to be handing out any hardware, but this sure has made for some entertaining reading. i can hardly wait until the season starts!

I'm right there with ya. Can't wait to get to it!!!!

LionKing
03-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Man, all this Brownwood attention over 3 players who will be commited to D1 colleges, imagine the meltdown if any of them make it to the NFL.

Black_Magic
03-04-2008, 10:51 AM
yeah kinda like snyder last year:p ;) Uhhhh Snyder Went 12-3, went to the state semifinals, and was eliminated by the state champion. I would Say that Snyder did very very well in 2007:rolleyes: . If not then 98% of the teams did worse. Snyder has been to the state Quarterfinals 3 out of 4 years and Semi-finals 2 out of 4 years. I think thats more than respectable in the very least. Snyder has nothing to prove in 3A

Black_Magic
03-04-2008, 10:55 AM
We will walk right through Wylie. LOL

Last time I checked, we aren't in 4A anymore. Any given year Brownwood is 3 Rounds deep, and now you add the factor of us being in 3A... NOTHING GUARANTEED... just alot better chances in 3A. The 4A in Region one are not as good as 3A in Region One. Thats a fact easily seen in 4A-3A head to head matchups in the last 2 years.

Rocket
03-04-2008, 11:08 AM
The 4A in Region one are not as good as 3A in Region One. Thats a fact easily seen in 4A-3A head to head matchups in the last 2 years.

Are you serious? You mean for those 4A Schools that actually played 3A Schools? Abilene Wylie was as good as Snyder and has won a state championship in the last 5 years and Brownwood had no problem beating them. If any team had a right as a 4A to play a 3A it would be Brownwood, going on enrollment alone. In that case, the classification was nothing but a number and a letter because Wylie's enrollment was larger than 4A Brownwood's. Not saying it had a bearing on the game, I am saying that enrollment wise it was a great matchup.

So for that argument, you take your Top 3 3A Region 1 teams and they play the Top 3 4A Region 1 teams and you would say that 3A is better than 4A? You are smoking crack... I am embarrased for you.

Go ahead and be excited that sorry Brownwood dropped to 3A and keep telling yourself it doesn't mean anything. October is coming and you better at least have an A game, and if you can, bring it.

Sweetwater Red
03-04-2008, 11:16 AM
So for that argument, you take your Top 3 3A Region 1 teams and they play the Top 3 4A Region 1 teams and you would say that 3A is better than 4A? You are smoking crack... I am embarrased for you.

Ease up there killer. He's my whipping boy. Go find your own.:mad:

:devil: :D :devil:

Rocket
03-04-2008, 11:23 AM
picked up 2 quick titles? haha thats the funniest thing ive read on this thread so far. Obviously Brownwood doesnt know how to "pick up" titles or their kids would have 2 big rings on their fingers like ours do:D

We figured we would let other people win titles or nobody would ever want to play us again. About time to start "picking them up" again.

Please quote one post from a Brownwood poster that says we will win state next season. Anybody, please. All we have said is given the experience of our kids in the last 4 years of playing in one of the toughest, largest districts in 4A, and now getting the chance to play in 3A, we are OPTIMISTIC about our chances because of the level playing field.

Wow, us Brownwood posters are really out there and arrogant. No wonder ya'll hate us so much. Honestly the talking will be better supported either way come September. So chill out for now on ragging on Brownwood... all you haters out there are hating because you are 1. ignorant or 2. scared. Not saying that you are scared to lose against us, saying you are scared because you don't know what to expect. And keep throwing WOS in the argument, that is fine, we have Everman to throw in the mix.

So lets wait and see... I am interested and excited for Brownwood to be in 3A. Also very very very optimistic, and that has to do with our situation the last 4 years.

Mustangpride09
03-04-2008, 11:26 AM

Recruiting for Brownwood hasn't been so successful since the Gordon Wood era...basically im wondering where these guys moved from?

Sweetwater Red
03-04-2008, 11:27 AM
We figured we would let other people win titles or nobody would ever want to play us again. About time to start "picking them up" again.

Please quote one post from a Brownwood poster that says we will win state next season. Anybody, please. All we have said is given the experience of our kids in the last 4 years of playing in one of the toughest, largest districts in 4A, and now getting the chance to play in 3A, we are OPTIMISTIC about our chances because of the level playing field.

Wow, us Brownwood posters are really out there and arrogant. No wonder ya'll hate us so much. Honestly the talking will be better supported either way come September. So chill out for now on ragging on Brownwood... all you haters out there are hating because you are 1. ignorant or 2. scared. Not saying that you are scared to lose against us, saying you are scared because you don't know what to expect. And keep throwing WOS in the argument, that is fine, we have Everman to throw in the mix.

So lets wait and see... I am interested and excited for Brownwood to be in 3A. Also very very very optimistic, and that has to do with our situation the last 4 years.

Did you know that Sweetwater is 5-3 against Brownwood since 1950?:thinking: :devil:

Lion_Addict
03-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Did you know that Sweetwater is 5-3 against Brownwood since 1950?:thinking: :devil:

LMAO! I believe you've mentioned that on more than one occasion Red. Everyone should know that by now. So at next reallignment yawl will have won half...:p

LH Panther Mom
03-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Recruiting for Brownwood hasn't been so successful since the Gordon Wood era...basically im wondering where these guys moved from? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Black_Magic
03-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Are you serious? You mean for those 4A Schools that actually played 3A Schools? Abilene Wylie was as good as Snyder and has won a state championship in the last 5 years and Brownwood had no problem beating them. If any team had a right as a 4A to play a 3A it would be Brownwood, going on enrollment alone. In that case, the classification was nothing but a number and a letter because Wylie's enrollment was larger than 4A Brownwood's. Not saying it had a bearing on the game, I am saying that enrollment wise it was a great matchup.

Go ahead and be excited that sorry Brownwood dropped to 3A and keep telling yourself it doesn't mean anything. October is coming and you better at least have an A game, and if you can, bring it. 1) Snyder went after brownwood to play this season before we were put into the same district so I dont think there is any fear.
2)Your success against Wylie is little indication of how you would do or would have done Vs ALL the region 1 3A teams. Frenship went several rounds last year and was beaten soundly byWylie, Both Herford and Lubbock Estacado went several rounds last year and were beaten by Snyder, Greenwood and Andrews i believe. Big Spring (Playoff team) as well was thumped by 3A teams last year. Amarilo Paloduro ( playoff 4A) was thumped by Snyder. Most of the embarrasment was by 4A schools last year:clap:
3) LOL!!!! A-GAME??? WELL... Thanks for the warning. We and the rest of us poor little 3A teams better put the B-Game away that we have been playing and start playing Real football.. :rolleyes: Thanks for the heads up!!.:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
03-04-2008, 11:41 AM

3) LOL!!!! A-GAME??? WELL... Thanks for the warning. We and the rest of us poor little 3A teams better put the B-Game away that we have been playing and start playing Real football.. :rolleyes: Thanks for the heads up!!.:clap: :clap: :clap:
:evillol: :evillol: That made me laugh. :D

BwdLions
03-04-2008, 11:49 AM
The post was simply to let folks know that Brownwood had three players that were being recruited by D-1 schools. You jack**ses that want to turn it into something else are not worth arguing with. No one said that these three players would asure the Lions of winning the state title.

LH Panther Mom
03-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
The post was simply to let folks know that Brownwood had three players that were being recruited by D-1 schools.
You're absolutely right and congrats to them and any other players in the 3A ranks being recruited! :clap: :clap:

I'm curious about something. I've noticed that all the rest of the Brownwood faithful that have signed up here the last few months are all members of www.brownwoodlions.com. All, but you, I should say. Seems odd to me... :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
03-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
The post was simply to let folks know that Brownwood had three players that were being recruited by D-1 schools. You jack**ses that want to turn it into something else are not worth arguing with. No one said that these three players would asure the Lions of winning the state title.

Lighten up Francis. Like it or not, every thread involving a team
from 2-3A is going to turn into this. It might be a different
catalyst almost every time. It's up to you to figure out who to
take seriously andd who to take with a grain of salt.

LH Panther Mom
03-04-2008, 12:25 PM
take seriously andd who to take with a grain of salt.
As if every thread turning into S/S wasn't enough. :eek: :eek: :devil:

Black_Magic
03-04-2008, 12:26 PM
take seriously andd who to take with a grain of salt. Yes Sr SGt Hulka! Your our Big Toe! :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
03-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Wow!! I have been away from the board for several days...this whole thread gave me a headache!!

It gave me an interesting poll topic idea though!:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
03-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wow!! I have been away from the board for several days...this whole thread gave me a headache!!

Even my posts?:bigcry: :(

Ranger Mom
03-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Even my posts?:bigcry: :(

Especially your posts!!!:eek: :eek: :mad: :mad:

:D

;)

:kiss:

LH Panther Mom
03-04-2008, 12:48 PM

And just think! It's still 5 months until 2-a-days start. :eek: :eek: :D

Lion_Addict
03-04-2008, 12:49 PM

I dig the poll topics! Whatcha got?

thewyliefan
03-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Are you serious? You mean for those 4A Schools that actually played 3A Schools? Abilene Wylie was as good as Snyder and has won a state championship in the last 5 years and Brownwood had no problem beating them. If any team had a right as a 4A to play a 3A it would be Brownwood, going on enrollment alone.

no problem beating them? last time i checked brownwood only bean wylie by a combined score of like 11 points? and both of those games werent decided until the end soooo if you and all the other bwood posters are going to base how well you are going to do based on an 11 point success in 2 games between wylie and bwood then i think all you are mistaken. and the next time they play it wont be the first game of the year so both teams should be nice and ready......thats what will make it the most fun i think

Ranger Mom
03-04-2008, 12:52 PM
I dig the poll topics! Whatcha got?

It's posted!!

Sweetwater Red
03-04-2008, 12:54 PM

Here's an idea for a poll.

Who's the going to be the best team in 2-3A the next two years?:thinking:

:D :devil: :D

Ranger Mom
03-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Here's an idea for a poll.

Who's the going to be the best team in 2-3A the next two years?:thinking:

Go for it!!:thumbsup:

Lion_Addict
03-04-2008, 01:26 PM
no problem beating them? last time i checked brownwood only bean wylie by a combined score of like 11 points? and both of those games werent decided until the end soooo if you and all the other bwood posters are going to base how well you are going to do based on an 11 point success in 2 games between wylie and bwood then i think all you are mistaken. and the next time they play it wont be the first game of the year so both teams should be nice and ready......thats what will make it the most fun i think

I think the most fun will be us putting you in the "L" column in a district game....:devil: :D

DaHop72
03-04-2008, 01:36 PM
yeah kinda like snyder last year:p ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Black_Magic
03-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :clap:

Rocket
03-04-2008, 03:19 PM

If the SCORE makes you feel better, last season we flat out whooped your butt all over the field. You had a couple of late scores, but I think our 3rd team was in by then. We whipped you stats and score. Give me a break.

The year before that we had a soph QB that had never taken a snap in a Varsity game and we still beat you at home.

2-0, and countless scrimmages where we made you a whipping boy.

That all you got?

DaHop72
03-04-2008, 03:36 PM
If the SCORE makes you feel better, last season we flat out whooped your butt all over the field. You had a couple of late scores, but I think our 3rd team was in by then. We whipped you stats and score. Give me a break.

The year before that we had a soph QB that had never taken a snap in a Varsity game and we still beat you at home.

2-0, and countless scrimmages where we made you a whipping boy.

That all you got? Gee, when did LewP become a Brownwood fan?:thinking: :thinking: :devil:

LH Panther Mom
03-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Gee, when did LewP become a Brownwood fan?:thinking: :thinking: :devil:
Heaven help us! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sweetwater Red
03-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Gee, when did LewP become a Brownwood fan?:thinking: :thinking: :devil:

If I may borrow a word from nobogey72....

Eeeeooouuuch!!!!:eek:

LH Panther Mom
03-04-2008, 04:00 PM

Eeeeooouuuch!!!!:eek:

Duly noted..... :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Lion_Addict
03-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Dangit, I hate it when I get lost :confused:

Sweetwater Red