PDA

View Full Version : Peace out WP

WpSr03
11-19-2002, 12:44 AM
I know it took me awhile to make this post, but I have been busy with work and the girlfriend lately. WP lost, and that really upset me. Thought we would go far, but I guess it was Forney's night. Not the best game I've ever watched, but man, that was definately the most exciting FIRST HALF ever for me! And I don't care what ANY body says, I know Forney had to be worried in the first quarter. Just as I knew they would, WP came out to stun at the beginning of that game. That fumble, and then WP put the first points on the board, man it was exhilarating. Then Forney scores and misses the extra point, 7-6. WP marches right back down the field, and although we settled for a 3 point increase, it was still awesome to be in the lead 10-6. WP was firing on all cylinders that first half, and even without the double passing threat (Cunnigan) we still dropped bombs. I thought it was WP's night, and that we wasn't going to be held. Cut to the second half, where Forney blows up and WP makes the biggest choke I have ever seen. I'm still wondering how Forney help the WP offense to 1 TD in an entire half! WP's D did a number on Forney in the first half, but man did that running game explode in the second. I could blame it on the Refs, sure. I could blame it on the coaches, yup. But that's not it. If the players had extended that first quarter effort throughout the game, WP could have pulled the upset, easy. But they didn't, WP did nothing but go downhill while Forney climbed. And it's sad, really, becuase this team was so fun this year, and I know these guys, I really wasn't ready to quit watching them play. WP could have went at least 3 rounds deep, if they would have won they could have made the title game. But Forney was just too much Friday night, and I will never see my tigers play again. It is not easy to know that losing that game will keep ppl saying WP's program can't cut it, and that this team was just overrated hoopla. These guys had heart, and they had as much talent as any team in the state. But they gave me some of the most exciting moments I've ever had watching football, and they gave it all they could in every game this year. This WAS WP's year... and it ended early. WP hasn't had that much coverage and hype surrounding them in a damn long time, and all in all, it must have been great. Too bad we are now a has-been, and just another team that couldn't cut it. Watch Forney Go to to the semis or even state, I fully expect it. But I have had fun this year, and I will never forget the great team that WP had this year, and how awesome it was to know you couldn't be stopped... Good luck Forney, you guys earned that win, you are a great team, and I really hope ya'll go far. I will be there if ya'll do...

WpSr03
11-19-2002, 11:40 PM
Oh yea, would also like to say that those Forney guys had awesome size, I mean they were the first team we I had seen (3a or 4a) that was as big as us and actually all around bigger!