PDA

View Full Version : Rockets "February-0"

Bull's-eye
02-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Rockets just swept the month of February, going 13-0 and extending their current winning streak to a NBA best 14 straight games. Houston defeated Memphis 116-95 to end the month in perfect fashion. T-Mac scored 25 points, had 6 assists and 6 rebounds. Luis Scola scored 15, with 5 steals & 5 boards. Mutombo blocked 4 shots and pulled down 14 boards in just 17 minutes of play. Most of the starters only played 3 Qtrs in the victory.

Adidas410s
02-29-2008, 11:54 PM
and they're still 4th in their division and 7th in the conference! ;)

JR2004
03-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

LOL

Bull's-eye
03-01-2008, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

With Portland defeating the Lakers, that #7 seed is only 2-1/2 games out of the top spot. They are tied in the loss column with #6 Dallas and only trail the Mavericks by a 1/2 game due to them playing an extra game. They are also 1-1/2 games ahead of #4 Utah. The West just got a little tighter! On another note, Kobe had at least 6 turnovers to lead the Trailblazers to victory.

JR2004
03-01-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
With Portland defeating the Lakers, that #7 seed is only 2-1/2 games out of the top spot. They are tied in the loss column with #6 Dallas and only trail the Mavericks by a 1/2 game due to them playing an extra game. They are also 1-1/2 games ahead of #4 Utah. The West just got a little tighter! On another note, Kobe had at least 6 turnovers to lead the Trailblazers to victory.

LOL...Poor misguided fan of a brokedown franchise going nowhere!

Bull's-eye
03-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Kobe is a couple of technicals from having to sit out a game. He may need some anger management classes.

JR2004
03-01-2008, 01:19 AM
Kobe is a couple of technicals from having to sit out a game. He may need some anger management classes.

LOL...Keep the ridiculous comments coming! It's fun listening to fans of lesser franchises attempt to bag on the star player from the Flagship Franchise of the NBA!

Bull's-eye
03-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Kobe Bryant picked up three technical fouls in a two-game stretch this week, pushing him to a season total of 11, five away from being automatically suspended by the league for one game. "He's close to the limit . . . so he's going to have to be careful," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said. LA Times

He got another one tonight against Portland!

JR2004
03-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Kobe Bryant picked up three technical fouls in a two-game stretch this week, pushing him to a season total of 11, five away from being automatically suspended by the league for one game. "He's close to the limit . . . so he's going to have to be careful," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said. LA Times

He got another one tonight against Portland!

lol...You have failed again. Poor fella... :doh:

Please keep this coming though. It's pretty entertaining watching you focus upon the Purple and Gold!

Bull's-eye
03-01-2008, 01:37 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

Go about half way down the page and you will see the article on Kobe.

injuredinmelee
03-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Alexander still own the Rockets?
Not sure why I am wondering that.

injuredinmelee
03-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

maybe because it is 1240 in the am and i cant sleep....

Bull's-eye
03-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

He still the owner.

Bull Butter
03-01-2008, 01:46 AM
You gotta excuse JR. His team hasn't won a title in 6 years. (Some team from South Texas has won 3 since then) He's getting a little testy and obviously can't handle it!

Anyways, Congrats to the Rockets on running the table during the month of February, especially the last two games since the big guy got hurt and everyone has written them off.

JR2004
03-01-2008, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
You gotta excuse JR. His team hasn't won a title in 6 years. (Some team from South Texas has won 3 since then) He's getting a little testy and obviously can't handle it!

Anyways, Congrats to the Rockets on running the table during the month of February, especially the last two games since the big guy got hurt and everyone has written them off.

LOL...Yep I sure am getting testy. Even though he's misguided, at least he's putting up what I've been hoping to see. It's about time some fans from the 3 Texas franchises start attempting to talk trash. The more trash talk from Mosquitoville, Scorchedearth and Allas the better!

Bull's-eye
03-01-2008, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Please keep this coming though. It's pretty entertaining watching you focus upon the Purple and Gold!

Hey, I'm pulling for the Lakers this Sunday. Actually, I'm curious to see how they do against some better teams. Playing Atlanta twice (losing one of those), Washington, Miami twice, Charlotte, Minnesota, Clippers, Seattle and Sacramento. They did beat Phoenix, but the Shaq trade has made the Suns weaker. They had a difficult time at home against #10 Portland who was missing their top player, so I wasn't surprised the Lakers lost on the road tonight against the Trailblazers.

Bull's-eye
03-01-2008, 01:54 AM

Thanks for the congratulations. I just checked NBA.com and they list the Spurs as the current #1 seed just a few percentage points ahead of the Lakers.

Bull Butter
03-01-2008, 01:56 AM
Big guy or not, the Rockets are playing some good ball these days!

Bull's-eye
03-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Technical Fouls: LA Lakers - K. Bryant 1. Portland - J. Przybilla 1

JR, he's getting closer to that suspension! Foe Moe to be exact.

JR2004
03-01-2008, 02:23 AM
Technical Fouls: LA Lakers - K. Bryant 1. Portland - J. Przybilla 1

JR, he's getting closer to that suspension! Foe Moe to be exact.

Let him get a one game suspension! It'll give us the opportunity to feature The Machine for a night and I'm all for that. I want to see if he's capable of getting 40 by shooting nothing but 3's.

zebrablue2
03-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Big guy or not, the Rockets are playing some good ball these days!

Amen.

Necks_Fan
03-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Let him get a one game suspension! It'll give us the opportunity to feature The Machine for a night and I'm all for that. I want to see if he's capable of getting 40 by shooting nothing but 3's. What's with the man crush on Kobe and co.? Get off their jock just a little.

Why get on a Texas forum and try to trash Texas? Makes no sense to me.

JasperDog94
03-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
What's with the man crush on Kobe and co.? Get off their jock just a little.

Why get on a Texas forum and try to trash Texas? Makes no sense to me. Here's your answer.

zebrablue2
03-01-2008, 10:03 AM
LOL...Poor misguided fan of a brokedown franchise going nowhere!

seem to remember your BOY--- cry baby kobe and his needing to be traded just before the season. if not for the gift of a trade, he would be crying again. we are not misguided, we pull for our state. we do have 2 rings to show for it, and boy were they fun. where the heck do you think the lakers are going? the road goes through SA, and your BOYS do not have an answer for the MAN, Tim D. in the playoffs.

JR2004
03-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
seem to remember your BOY--- cry baby kobe

LAKER fan, not a Kobe fan. There's a difference.

JR2004
03-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Why get on a Texas forum and try to trash Texas? Makes no sense to me.

For laughable responses like this one!

Maroon87
03-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Rockets just swept the month of February, going 13-0 and extending their current winning streak to a NBA best 14 straight games. Houston defeated Memphis 116-95 to end the month in perfect fashion. T-Mac scored 25 points, had 6 assists and 6 rebounds. Luis Scola scored 15, with 5 steals & 5 boards. Mutombo blocked 4 shots and pulled down 14 boards in just 17 minutes of play. Most of the starters only played 3 Qtrs in the victory.

I was able to watch the game last night from the company suite at Toyota Center. I'm a Spurs fan but it was pretty cool nontheless. It's not often you see one team jump out to a 23-2 lead in the NBA.:eek:

Maroon87
03-01-2008, 12:44 PM

At least he's not raping anybody. Allegedly.

LH Panther Mom
03-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
At least he's not raping anybody. Allegedly.
:eek: :eek:

Necks_Fan
03-01-2008, 04:22 PM
For laughable responses like this one! What I think is funny is that you have way too much love for Kobe.

Kind of sends the wrong message to people reading what you say, but hey, that's just my opinion.

You go on loving Kobe while I go on supporting the "Flagship Franchise."

zebrablue2
03-01-2008, 08:55 PM
What I think is funny is that you have way too much love for Kobe.

Kind of sends the wrong message to people reading what you say, but hey, that's just my opinion.

You go on loving Kobe while I go on supporting the "Flagship Franchise."

read earlier quote--- he does not care for kobe--- yet where would LA be without him but in last place--- as he would put it-- LOL..

JR2004
03-01-2008, 08:57 PM
What I think is funny is that you have way too much love for Kobe.

I'm looking for these Kobe references, but I'm not finding them! Perhaps you can find them for me. Another uninformed fella with poor reading skills!

JR2004
03-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
read earlier quote--- he does not care for kobe--- yet where would LA be without him but in last place--- as he would put it-- LOL..

I didn't say that. I said I'm a LAKER fan, not a Kobe fan. There's a difference. Kobe fans would root for whatever franchise the guy plays for. Kobe fans are not necessarily Laker fans. They just pull for the Lakers because he happens to be with them. The second someone moves on to another franchise I stop rooting for them. I root for the franchise, not one player. The only exceptions I've ever made was with Byron Scott and Kurt Rambis.

As far as taking shots at other teams...It's not unique to this board. This board just happens to be filled with fans of the Texas teams. If it were filled with Leprechaun fans, then it'd be them instead that I'd joke about.

Necks_Fan
03-01-2008, 09:31 PM
I didn't say that. I said I'm a LAKER fan, not a Kobe fan. There's a difference. Kobe fans would root for whatever franchise the guy plays for. Kobe fans are not necessarily Laker fans. They just pull for the Lakers because he happens to be with them. The second someone moves on to another franchise I stop rooting for them. I root for the franchise, not one player. The only exceptions I've ever made was with Byron Scott and Kurt Rambis.

As far as taking shots at other teams...It's not unique to this board. This board just happens to be filled with fans of the Texas teams. If it were filled with Leprechaun fans, then it'd be them instead that I'd joke about. This is a Texas based forum. It isn't just "filled with Texas Fans" by coincidence.

Still, you may not be in love with Kobe but get of the LAKER'S jock a little and quit downgrading the NBA's hottest team as of late. Makes you sound like a moron.

Telling us how terrible Houston is even though they have a current 13 game winning streak makes you sound incredibly smart. You have no purpose in this thread except to tell us how "misguided" we are and how Houston is going nowhere. Great Job!

Old Tiger
03-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Lakers won't win the championship nor will they even make it ot the championship.

JR2004
03-01-2008, 10:03 PM
This is a Texas based forum. It isn't just "filled with Texas Fans" by coincidence.

Still, you may not be in love with Kobe but get of the LAKER'S jock a little and quit downgrading the NBA's hottest team as of late. Makes you sound like a moron.

Telling us how terrible Houston is even though they have a current 13 game winning streak makes you sound incredibly smart. You have no purpose in this thread except to tell us how "misguided" we are and how Houston is going nowhere. Great Job!

Or I can keep saying exactly what I feel like saying and you'll do one of two things. You'll keep reading it and putting up more ridiculous stuff or you'll put me on ignore. :)

Responses like yours are comedy gold! Keep it up little fella!

Necks_Fan
03-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Or I can keep saying exactly what I feel like saying and you'll do one of two things. You'll keep reading it and putting up more ridiculous stuff or you'll put me on ignore. :)

Responses like yours are comedy gold! Keep it up little fella! Just giving you my opinion as to how you make yourself sound, but okay.

I think I'll use that very intelligent quote for my signature.

JR2004
03-01-2008, 11:08 PM

I think I'll use that very intelligent quote for my signature.

lol...Feel free! This is too funny.

Bull's-eye
03-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Phoenix just lost to Philly 119-114 and drops to the #6 spot. Dallas moves up to #5.

JR2004
03-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Whale of a game by Snaq to play Sam Dalembert to a standstill.

Necks_Fan
03-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Rockets have now won 14 straight.

3 without Yao right? Still playing alright.

Dallas and JR's beloved Lakers play tonight. A good oppurtunity for the "Flagship Franchise" to move up some more.

Also, another chance for the Kobe to pick up another Tech.