PDA

View Full Version : Midland Greenwood 35 Denver City 7

Gfan
11-10-2001, 01:59 AM
Are they still your darkhorse team of the year, better give greenwood some credit were credit is do...

Greenwood vs crane in monahans friday night at 7:30

rsjmann
11-10-2001, 03:17 AM
GFAN, are you sure ya'll play Crane. the radio reported that Crane lost tonight and did not make the playoffs. Just Wondering. Congratulations on the win. I knew DC was not as good as they played against Lamesa. Oh Well that's why we play'em. Lamesa beat Seminole 55-7. Could of been worse but the 3rd string played the whole 4th and even scored.

bearcat1
11-10-2001, 08:15 AM
As a matter of fact, yes they are. You see, a darkhorse team is a team one chooses in preseason. A team that you feel is going to do much better than many expect. I think they did that. If I were to go back and change a preseason darkhorse team, at the end of the season, that wouldn't make much sense now would it. Although it would be a much safer time to name one when you know the outcome. But then again, if you know the outcome, they would no longer be a darkhorse.
Congrats to denver city and greenwood on great seasons. It was fun for me to follow denver city.

Originally posted by Gfan:
Are they still your darkhorse team of the year, better give greenwood some credit were credit is do...

Greenwood vs crane in monahans friday night at 7:30