PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys and Dolphins to trade!!!

kepdawg
02-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Sources: Dallas Cowboys will deal Jason Ferguson to Miami 10:39 AM CT

Nose tackle to again be reunited with Bill Parcells

10:49 AM CST on Friday, February 29, 2008

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
tarcher@dallasnews.com

IRVING – The Cowboys will trade nose tackle Jason Ferguson to Miami, according to two sources, adding to the Dallas flavor in South Florida.

The Cowboys and Dolphins will swap sixth-round picks this year and the Cowboys will receive Miami's sixth-rounder in 2009. The order of the picks in the '08 draft will be revealed when the league sets the compensatory picks at the NFL owners' meetings. But the Cowboys will have the first pick in the sixth round based on Miami's 1-15 record last season.

Ferguson played in only the season opener against the New York Giants before tearing his biceps. With the play of Jay Ratliff – and subsequent extension that included an $8 million bonus – and the arrival of Tank Johnson, Ferguson became expendable.

Ferguson is healthy and will anchor the Dolphins' switch to the 3-4 defense. He will also reunite for the third time with executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells, who initially drafted him with the New York Jets. He will also see familiar faces on the coaching staff with Tony Sparano, Paul Pasqualoni, Kacy Rodgers and Todd Bowles and in the front office with general manager Jeff Ireland and pro personnel director Brian Gaine.

LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/030108dnspocowboyslede.b88ce40.html)

crzyjournalist03
02-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Does anybody know his cap figure? I see this as more manuevering by the Cowboys to open up some space than anything else.

kepdawg
02-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Does anybody know his cap figure? I see this as more manuevering by the Cowboys to open up some space than anything else.

They clear about 2.4.

Old Tiger
02-29-2008, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't mind the Cowboys drafting Frank Okam in the 3rd or 4th round. He has the making of a great 3-4 NT.

Frank Okam
6'5
347 lbs
32 reps
5.2 forty

Macarthur
02-29-2008, 01:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas goes after Okam or Bryant for NT. I think the master plan is to move Ratliff out to his natural position of DE. Spears is in his last year so I see the future being Canty & Ratliff at DE and Tank & 08 Draft pick at NT.

big daddy russ
02-29-2008, 07:42 PM
As a 'Fins fan, I love this trade.

zebrablue2
02-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I wouldn't mind the Cowboys drafting Frank Okam in the 3rd or 4th round. He has the making of a great 3-4 NT.

Frank Okam
6'5
347 lbs
32 reps
5.2 forty

one thing I will say, GOBLUE knows how to come up with some good picks for girl of the month. oh, and the trade is ok also...