PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Everman loss....

Matthew328
09-15-2003, 08:26 AM
First congrats to Lawton Ike..they are REALLY good and were the better team...DJ Wolfe is a STUD..there is a reason he is going to Oklahoma...the huge Ike line (who's smallest lineman was 225 did a good job..) turnovers and penalties at bad times killed Everman because they moved the ball..here is basically a quick recap...

the first half was pretty much a dead heat..Ike led 10-7 late in the half and Everman looked like they may be able to cash in before the half but the Bulldogs squandered the opprotunity and threw an INT late..so it was 10-7 Ike at the half..Everman got the ball first, and got a good return out to the 35...an option was called first and Busch broke free for about a 12 yd gain when he was nailed by a safety and fumbled...Ike took advantage of the short field and scored and made it 17-7..Everman got the ball back and drove right back down the field and Robert Moore scored on a 28 yd TD run to cut the Ike lead..but a penalty was called it looked like it was an "illegal" cut block..the play prolly would have been legal in Texas...Everman later was intercepted again and Ike drove down and put the nail in the coffin when on 4th and 20 from the Everman 30 DJ Wolfe was wide open on the throwback pass and strolled into the end zone to make it 24-7...Everman showed some heart and drove back down the field but Moore fumbled on the 1 while reaching for the end zone...
Overall I thought Ike was the better team though, Everman still has some work to do on both sides of the ball and the passing game needs to improve some...I thought the Everman O-Line was a little tenative, I think maybe they were so worried about not getting penalties that they weren't firing off the ball..BUT Everman will get better..and I have a feeling Crowley may have an angry Everman team Friday....

cunbed10
09-15-2003, 08:37 AM
Hey! Matthew that game sounds like a team still trying to find its identity, like Marlin, but these early stumbles give experience, and I believe Marlin and Everman should be in the hunt come late November, because I feel these two teams have a special chemistry, don't let the game get you down, it's still alot of football to be played, trust me.

Matthew328
09-15-2003, 08:44 AM
Sometimes a loss early can be a blessing in disguise...ie Everman last year...

FBmania
09-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Hey Matt, there are some new rules cocerning cut-blocking this year. BH had a couple called in the Anahuac game. I heard some of the coaches discussing it. I'm sure Everman will be fine come District. Good luck to the Bulldogs this year.

Bellville22
09-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Matthew328:
Sometimes a loss early can be a blessing in disguise...ie Everman last year...Amen, I think the best thing that happened to the Bulls last year was the early loss to Elgin.