PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks vs Spurs on TNT at 7:00pm

Bull's-eye
02-28-2008, 01:18 PM
A Dallas win would create a 3 way tie for first with SA, NO & Dallas. A Spurs win would give them first place in the Southwest division.

waterboy
02-28-2008, 04:25 PM
This will be a good test for the new-look Mavericks. So far, with Jason Kidd, they haven't been as dominant as they were before, but they certainly pass and spread the ball around much better. I think it's only a matter of time before they start to dominate once again.

JR2004
02-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Go Mavs Go!

Maroon87
02-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Go Spurs!

Emerson1
02-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Lets hope Josh Howard can finally get over his friends being gone and do what he gets paid to

Phil C
02-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey it's on at the same time as American Idol!

:mad:

Adidas410s
02-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Lets hope Josh Howard can finally get over his friends being gone and do what he gets paid to
I'm trying to start the "tradejoshhoward.com" but that might put a quick end to my engagment and subsequent marriage...she being a Wake grad and all! :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
02-28-2008, 06:57 PM
I'll go with the Spurs at home, Mavericks are only 14-16 on the road.

piratebg
02-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Go Spurs :cool:

kepdawg
02-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Parker will abuse Kidd like Kidd abuses wives!

JR2004
02-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Parker will abuse Kidd like Kidd abuses wives!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

eagles_victory
02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Parker will abuse Kidd like Kidd abuses wives! Somebody obviously doesnt know the history of Kidd in his wife. Not condoning what Jason did whatsoever I think everyone including himself knows he made some mistakes. But someone can only be pushed so far before they begin to push back.

coach
02-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Somebody obviously doesnt know the history of Kidd in his wife. Not condoning what Jason did whatsoever I think everyone including himself knows he made some mistakes. But someone can only be pushed so far before they begin to push back.

seriously he is only a kidd

JR2004
02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Somebody obviously doesnt know the history of Kidd in his wife. Not condoning what Jason did whatsoever I think everyone including himself knows he made some mistakes. But someone can only be pushed so far before they begin to push back.

You don't hit a woman...PERIOD.

eagles_victory
02-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
You don't hit a woman...PERIOD. Thanks for stating the obvious but their is no need to bring up something that happened about 10 years ago. What Kidd did was very wrong as I already posted your selective viewing must of missed it. It was a horrible thing to do no matter how crazy she was (she was very crazy) but the comment from kep was a little too much.

JR2004
02-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks for stating the obvious but their is no need to bring up something that happened about 10 years ago. What Kidd did was very wrong as I already posted your selective viewing must of missed it. It was a horrible thing to do no matter how crazy she was (she was very crazy) but the comment from kep was a little too much.

You have a lot to learn kid.

eagles_victory
02-28-2008, 08:29 PM
You have a lot to learn kid. which is? Its ok to make comments to bring people down no matter how long ago they were? Please dont try to act like you know me and know how I am from a message board.

JR2004
02-28-2008, 08:31 PM
which is? Its ok to make comments to bring people down no matter how long ago they were? Please dont try to act like you know me and know how I am from a message board.

You're from a hokey little town, like I once was, and have a very limited view of the world around you. You'll grow up one day kid just like everyone else.

eagles_victory
02-28-2008, 08:34 PM
You're from a hokey little town, like I once was, and have a very limited view of the world around you. You'll grow up one day kid just like everyone else. LOL ok thanks you know me so well. I appologize for forgiving someone for something that happened numerous years ago. Hell I forgave Kobe for the whole Colorado thing. If that makes me wrong and from a hokey town for forgiving someone then so be it. Seems like I read in a book one time you were suppose to forgive people.

JR2004
02-28-2008, 08:40 PM
LOL ok thanks you know me so well. I appologize for forgiving someone for something that happened numerous years ago. Hell I forgave Kobe for the whole Colorado thing. If that makes me wrong and from a hokey town for forgiving someone then so be it. Seems like I read in a book one time you were suppose to forgive people.

I'm sure these NBA players care that you or anyone else "forgave them"...lol. I know you well enough to know you're a kid who doesn't know a whole lot about the world around you and has some preconceived views on things that don't fly outside of the small corner of the world you currently live in. Change will come though at some point.

JR2004
02-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Let's go Mavs! 25-22 after one!

eagles_victory
02-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm sure these NBA players care that you or anyone else "forgave them"...lol. I know you well enough to know you're a kid who doesn't know a whole lot about the world around you and has some preconceived views on things that don't fly outside of the small corner of the world you currently live in. Change will come though at some point. Ok if you say so im not going to clog up this board with this argument but feel free to pm me.

JR2004
02-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Ok if you say so im not going to clog up this board with this argument but feel free to pm me.

Yet that's exactly what you're doing here...lol. Comical...

JR2004
02-28-2008, 08:50 PM
The Purple and Gold is cheering you on Mavs fans! Win one for the evil franchise out West!

JR2004
02-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Did Devean George really just hit a three fading away? WOW.

JR2004
02-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh man Terry tried to go after the cheap shot artist. Too bad he got held back.

IHStangFan
02-28-2008, 10:02 PM
this is a dang good game!! GO SPURS GO!!!

Bull's-eye
02-28-2008, 10:03 PM
What a flop!

LH Panther Mom
02-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
What a flop!
Haha! I just said the exact same thing!

IHStangFan
02-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Am I the only one that finds Charles Barkley amusing? I laugh out loud everytime I see or hear him. LOL.

"That's Turrrbill!"

LH Panther Mom
02-28-2008, 10:12 PM
You don't hit a woman...PERIOD.

I definitely agree with that. I think it's kind of ironic that you're jumping on ev about his comments, when I seem to recall Ron Artest having a similar situation. :thinking:

Ron Ron is a pretty funny guy. He may be crazy, but he seems like a good guy for the most part.

DU_stud04
02-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Am I the only one that finds Charles Barkley amusing? I laugh out loud everytime I see or hear him. LOL.

"That's Turrrbill!" he's hilarious

CenTexSports
02-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Barkley's speaking ability is about 50% below his golfing ability. The only one worse is S A Smith. Both are turribbbbbbble!

JR2004
02-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I definitely agree with that. I think it's kind of ironic that you're jumping on ev about his comments, when I seem to recall Ron Artest having a similar situation. :thinking:

I've also never said I CONDONE that. If you can find where I've said that then there's some irony. Until then no irony to be found. I've also never said Kidd is a bad guy either.

I have my own opinion on both of them (as well as Allen Iverson among others who have done similar things to women) when it comes to physically hurting a woman, but that's another story.

Bull's-eye
02-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Great block by Bowan! Spurs win!!

DU_stud04
02-28-2008, 10:47 PM
:) go spurs :)

JR2004
02-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Dallas blew this one. Had a golden opportunity to beat Stealajobovich and Co. in their own backyard and couldn't seal the deal. Probably should've been a foul on Cheap Shot before the block, but oh well that's NBA officiating for you when you're on the road. Gotta live with it.

El CuCUy
02-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Dallas blew this one. Had a golden opportunity to beat Stealajobovich and Co. in their own backyard and couldn't seal the deal. Probably should've been a foul on Cheap Shot before the block, but oh well that's NBA officiating for you when you're on the road. Gotta live with it. Sounds like the Mavericks should see a doctor about the choking problem.

pirate4state
02-28-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm sure these NBA players care that you or anyone else "forgave them"...lol. kinda like stealwhateveryoucall him gives a poop about your lack of respect --- hahahahaha

JR2004
02-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
kinda like stealwhateveryoucall him gives a poop about your lack of respect --- hahahahaha

I don't have the belief that they'd care. If Stealajobovich ever cared what a fan thought of him then he'd be dumber than I've given him credit for.

pirate4state
02-28-2008, 11:04 PM
I don't have the belief that they'd care. If Stealajobovich ever cared what a fan thought of him then he'd be dumber than I've given him credit for. well i'm sure the same can be said about eagles_victory :speech:

you are so hard headed!

JR2004
02-28-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
you are so hard headed!

Yes, yes Iam. Multiply your hard-headedness by a 100 and you've got me. :)

Emerson1
02-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by El CuCUy
Sounds like the Mavericks should see a doctor about the choking problem.
How is losing to a team with a better record on their home court choking?

Old Tiger
02-28-2008, 11:13 PM
You don't hit a woman...PERIOD. There is a difference between a woman and a well......not so lady like girl.

El CuCUy
02-28-2008, 11:36 PM
How is losing to a team with a better record on their home court choking?

Dallas blew this one. Had a golden opportunity to beat Stealajobovich and Co. in their own backyard and couldn't seal the deal. Choking is choking is choking. "Blew" "Golden Opritunity" "seal the deal" all show a choke job to me.

Gobbla2001
02-28-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm the most die-hard Spurs fan you'll ever meet and I'll even say this wasn't a choke job, sillies...

when you're Dallas, this is what you do... plain and simple... it's what separates the good from the great...

Dallas = Good

SA - Great

Old Tiger
02-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'm the most die-hard Spurs fan you'll ever meet and I'll even say this wasn't a choke job, sillies...

when you're Dallas, this is what you do... plain and simple... it's what separates the good from the great...

Dallas = Good

SA - Great I agree 110% Gobbla!

Txbroadcaster
02-29-2008, 12:23 AM
as a fan of both teams this was not a choke job, or SA showing it is great while Dalls is good

This was Avery not putting his best 5 on the court with one possesion deciding the game

eagles_victory
02-29-2008, 01:19 AM
To me if you look at the setup of the Mavericks team from last couple of years their roster was designed to beat the Spurs because at the time the Spurs were the team to beat. Now that the rest of the west has risen their are several teams to beat. The Mavs made the deal to get to imo have better matchups with the Suns, Lakers, Warriors, and Hornets type teams (still got thumped by New Orleans in Kidds first game.) To me the old team with Harris Diop was a better fit vs a team like San Antonio where the new team is a better fit vs the teams I listed above. You can write this off as complete non sense because it possibly could be that but in my head it made sense.

3afan
02-29-2008, 07:17 AM
Choking is choking is choking. "Blew" "Golden Opritunity" "seal the deal" all show a choke job to me.

rookie ...........

Maroon87
02-29-2008, 11:20 AM
If Stealajobovich ever cared what a fan thought of him then he'd be dumber than I've given him credit for.

If, in your esteemed opinion, Pop is "dumb" I'd love to hear your take on Isiah Thomas.

Bull's-eye
02-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree with eagles_victory, with Kidd Dallas matches up better with some of the other teams. With Harris & Diop, IMO they were a better fit against the Spurs. Both teams played very well and the game went back and forth. I thought Kidd should of been in on that final play, but maybe Avery decided Kidd is still learning the offense and the Mavs would be better off with the players that have been playing the whole season. The game could of easily went the other way, as I noticed Stackhouse was open behind the arc. IMO, Kidd would of gotten him the ball.

BreckTxLonghorn
02-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Can we all agree, whether the Mavs choked or the Spurs did what they always do, that this was a GREAT game to watch?!

I'm a huge Mavs fan, though not usually big on pro basketball period until playoffs come. Or until they plays the Spurs. I honestly cannot stand the Spurs. Lots of respect towards them, and I can appreciate everything they do. I just don't like them. But I always love watching them and the Mavs play. Its always a playoff like atmosphere, and you can tell each team takes it hard after a loss, even one in the regular season.

Can't wait til the playoffs.

DDBooger
02-29-2008, 12:18 PM
How is losing to a team with a better record on their home court choking? when you let them off the hook! :dispntd:
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/FCarrejo/255.jpg
lol

DU_stud04
02-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Choking is choking is choking. "Blew" "Golden Opritunity" "seal the deal" all show a choke job to me. it was a good game..... did you even watch it? im the biggest mavs hater, but i wouldn't say the mavs choked.

Bull's-eye
02-29-2008, 12:26 PM
In related new, Devin Harris scored 21 points and had 5 assists for the NJ Nets, playing less than 21 minutes.