PDA

View Full Version : Lamesa

catscratch
02-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Can anyone tell me about Lamesa? Would Coach Torbet be a good guy to work for? I've heard great things about him but I know they struggled last year...any help appreciated.

Sweetwater Red
02-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by catscratch
Can anyone tell me about Lamesa? Would Coach Torbet be a good guy to work for? I've heard great things about him but I know they struggled last year...any help appreciated.

If 0-10 is what you strive for...:thinking: :(

cr180t
02-28-2008, 12:24 PM
He is an outstanding person and a good football coach. Things will get better in Lamesa. I know he would be a good one to work for.

Ranger Mom
02-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If 0-10 is what you strive for...:thinking: :(

Now...now!! No need to be sarcastic!!

It could be a feather in someones cap to turn a team like that around!!

Sweetwater Red
02-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

It could be a feather in someones cap to turn a team like that around!!

Sorry for the Go Blue moment Ranger Mom .:(

Sweetwater Red
02-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
He is an outstanding person and a good football coach. Things will get better in Lamesa. I know he would be a good one to work for.

Catscratch, this guy should know. :)

catscratch
02-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks, yes I agree cr180 should know. Anybody else have any information?

Black_Magic
02-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

It could be a feather in someones cap to turn a team like that around!! You could not expect him to say anything but something like that.
The lamesa coach is a good guy who is working hard to make good of a strugling program.

Sweetwater Red
02-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
You could not expect him to say anything but something like that.

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Sweetwater Red
02-29-2008, 02:22 PM
You may try to PM or email this guy. He may know him well. He is
the only Lamesa poster I think I've seen on here.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=6268

catscratch
02-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks....worth a try!

Old Tiger
02-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Sorry for the Go Blue moment Ranger Mom .:( I don't pick on bad teams. Just cocky fans ;).

Sweetwater Red
02-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I don't pick on bad teams. Just cocky fans ;).

Yeah. I shouldn't have done it. It's not like he was asking about
Snyder or something.:devil:

catscratch
03-18-2008, 09:31 AM
I am joining the coaching staff at Lamesa. Went and visited with Coach Torbert and watched off season. They have some real good looking young kids. Work habits are as good as I have ever seen and they get their butts worked! Torbert has great support from the Supt. and he could sell ice to the Eskimoes, seems like an outstanding coach and I really think we can get it turned around.

Sweetwater Red
03-18-2008, 09:39 AM
I am joining the coaching staff at Lamesa. Went and visited with Coach Torbert and watched off season. They have some real good looking young kids. Work habits are as good as I have ever seen and they get their butts worked! Torbert has great support from the Supt. and he could sell ice to the Eskimoes, seems like an outstanding coach and I really think we can get it turned around.

Congratulations.:clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
03-18-2008, 09:44 AM

Congrats and good luck!