PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Little Dribbler National Tournament

jimmyceatworld
02-27-2008, 07:38 PM
That year we lost in the championship to Mexia by 4. I was just curious if any of y'all knew how the teams we played did/are doing this year.

First game killed Shallowater
Second game lost to Mexia after being up at the half
Third game beat a not so good Van Vleck team in OT
Fourth game beat Gulf Coast led by THE Tremain Thomas (if his team had anyone else who could have made a lay-up they would have been scary)
Fifth game beat Midland Greenwood in a close one (just like the previous 3)
Sixth game beat New Baden, IL on a buzzer beater
Seventh and final game lost to Mexia again. This time 38-34 after being down at the end of the first 18-4. SIX! bogus techs were called on us for chasing the ball (we didn't have that many the whole season)

Anyway, my point is that I'm curious as to how teams that have success in Little Dribblers do once they get in HS. The graduating class above me never finished worst than 3rd in LD (several championships) but failed to get past the first round last year. Thoughts?

eagles_victory
02-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
That year we lost in the championship to Mexia by 4. I was just curious if any of y'all knew how the teams we played did/are doing this year.

Fourth game beat Gulf Coast led by THE Tremain Thomas (if his team had anyone else who could have made a lay-up they would have been scary)
Seventh and final game lost to Mexia again. This time 38-34 after being down at the end of the first 18-4. SIX! bogus techs were called on us for chasing the ball (we didn't have that many the whole season)

Anyway, my point is that I'm curious as to how teams that have success in Little Dribblers do once they get in HS. The graduating class above me never finished worst than 3rd in LB (several championships) but failed to get past the first round last year. Thoughts? Mexia lost to Connally in the second round pretty sure you knew that one.

New Baden I have no idea.

Gulf Coast is Winnie East Chambers and they are playing Arp in the 2a region 3 semis in Tyler Friday night (Sedrick Johnson vs Tremain Thomas going to be good)

Greenwood lost to Fabens 49-47 last night

Shallowater is playing Jim Ned Friday in the regional semis for 2a Region 1

coach
02-27-2008, 07:54 PM

Anyway, my point is that I'm curious as to how teams that have success in Little Dribblers do once they get in HS. The graduating class above me never finished worst than 3rd in LB (several championships) but failed to get past the first round last year. Thoughts?

are u this bored jimmy

jimmyceatworld
02-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Mexia lost to Connally in the second round pretty sure you knew that one.

New Baden I have no idea.

Gulf Coast is Winnie East Chambers and they are playing Arp in the 2a region 3 semis in Tyler Friday night (Sedrick Johnson vs Tremain Thomas going to be good)

Greenwood lost to Fabens 49-47 last night

Shallowater is playing Jim Ned Friday in the regional semis for 2a Region 1

I knew Gulf Coast was WEC but it said Gulf Coast on their jerseys so I felt like I had to call them that. After beating the state champs twice last year I'm expecting great things from the kid who holds the junior record for most points in a game (63)

Shallowater is always good, even in LD but they were 2 and done when I was in 6th grade.

And I didn't expect anyone to know anything about New Baden lol

eagles_victory
02-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
are u this bored jimmy after last night just knowing he is still in one piece is reassuring

jimmyceatworld
02-27-2008, 07:56 PM
are u this bored jimmy

just curious bazer

jimmyceatworld
02-27-2008, 07:57 PM
after last night just knowing he is still in one piece is reassuring

I thought I kept my composure ... until I started talking about chasing the refs down the hallway ... like 30 from Palestine lol

coach
02-27-2008, 08:09 PM
just curious bazer

its baizer and i cant believe u got caught with those shirts

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2008, 08:13 PM

I don't know how well they did this year, but last year, Shallowater lost at the state tourney.

eagles_victory
02-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I don't know how well they did this year, but last year, Shallowater lost at the state tourney. He knew that jimmy is an expert on state tourney basketball

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2008, 08:22 PM
He knew that jimmy is an expert on state tourney basketball
He really is bored, huh? :doh:

jimmyceatworld
02-27-2008, 08:30 PM
He knew that jimmy is an expert on state tourney basketball

Thanks Cod. That might be too generous though ... unless you start talking about the Snook Blue Jays. Now that's another story

jimmyceatworld
02-27-2008, 08:35 PM
its baizer and i cant believe u got caught with those shirts

didn't notice ... and it's not like it's obvious when you have a full bag of something