PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs Everman Sat 14th @5:00pm Alamodome San Antonio

HotDawg89
12-08-2002, 11:18 AM
Bring it!

Good luck to both teams and may you all play injury free, and to the best of your abilities!

Jason1725
12-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Dern I was hoping I could go but San Antonio is just too far away. To Burnet, if you guys play like you did yesterday you have a great chance. I wish you guys the best of luck.

sinfan75
12-08-2002, 11:59 AM
This Sinton fan will hopefully be there to add Burnets already large fan base.

20StephDawg05
12-08-2002, 12:29 PM
I am soooo proud of Burnet! we have got SO far this year and it is so amazing! We finally have something exciting goin on in this hickbilly town! hehe...

Good Luck Bulldogs!!! I'll be there again to cheer y'all on!!! :D

(I have NO predictions for this game.)

football
12-08-2002, 12:33 PM
they should've played in waco that wat everybody thats a 3a fan could've gone good luck to both teams going to be a great game

football
12-08-2002, 12:34 PM
they should've played in waco that way everybody thats a 3a fan could've gone good luck to both teams going to be a great game

Matthew328
12-08-2002, 02:20 PM
I too was hopin it would be in Waco...I figured that is somewhat of a neutral site...apparently someone didn't want the neutral site..don't know who...I guess Burnet won the toss...LOL if Everman would have won I bet it would have been at Texas Stadium again

greendog fan
12-08-2002, 05:03 PM
Matthew328:
I too was hopin it would be in Waco...I figured that is somewhat of a neutral site...apparently someone didn't want the neutral site..don't know who...I guess Burnet won the toss...LOL if Everman would have won I bet it would have been at Texas Stadium againMatthew, I heard that if Forney had won the game would of been played at U.T. in Austin. Dont know if that is true or not ,but it came from a pretty reliable scource. You need to come on down and watch the game of the year. Get there early enough and you could watch the 5a d1 state champiohship also

greendog fan
12-08-2002, 05:04 PM
Matthew328:
I too was hopin it would be in Waco...I figured that is somewhat of a neutral site...apparently someone didn't want the neutral site..don't know who...I guess Burnet won the toss...LOL if Everman would have won I bet it would have been at Texas Stadium againMatthew, I heard that if Forney had won the game would of been played at U.T. in Austin. Dont know if that is true or not ,but it came from a pretty reliable scource. You need to come on down and watch the game of the year. Get there early enough and you could watch the 5a d1 state champiohship also

Old Green
12-08-2002, 07:18 PM
I will be there early to watch the Judson-Midland game.
Win state Burnet!!!!!!

Ozzy
12-08-2002, 11:02 PM
The word from the Hill Country is that Everman didn't want to play on grass. Floyd Casey was available at Baylor, as was DKR Memorial in Austin, but due the Everman's request, Burnet chose to play in the Dome. wink

football
12-09-2002, 12:33 AM
waco isd is turf

sinton66
12-09-2002, 12:55 AM
Trust me when I say that grass instead of turf doesn't slow Everman down much. We played them on grass at A&M last year. If Harrell's brother is anywhere near as tall as his older sibling, he is probably a holy terror on defenses. His brother did more damage to our effort than anybody else on Everman's offense. Benton needed only throw a "jump" ball and our very fast but short DB's just couldn't get up high enough to stop them. Burnet has the same ability with Templeton. I don't know how many GOOD wing-t teams Burnet has seen. This could pose some problems for them. The wing-t is an awesome offense if you have the hosses to run it. Everman does. Still, I like Burnet's chances in this one.

Chris Hart
12-09-2002, 12:58 AM
Waco ISD, I don't think would be large enough. I don't know how many fans Everman brings with them, but Burnet took about 10,000 fans to the Jasper game, and over 8,000 to the Sinton game. I would expect Burnet's crowd to be over 10,000 for this game, and I'm sure Everman will bring a healthy fan base, with their past success.

<small>[ December 09, 2002, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

HotDawg89
12-09-2002, 01:04 AM
Sinton66- actually, Liberty Hill, who was undeafeted this season until Burnet played them, (we were both 9-0 at that point) ran an awesome wing-t. Our defense shut it down, and we would have had a shut out had we not put in our 2nd string during that game. Without an exceptionally balanced run/pass offense, it seems almost impossible for our coaches not to figure out a way around any other dominant offense. However, Liberty Hill didn't have the speed that Everman has. That should make it more interesting. That and the fact that when we played Liberty Hill, it was for the district championship, and this time, it is for the state championship.

Aggiemom
12-09-2002, 01:06 AM
Isn't there another stadium in Waco where Baylor U plays? Could that be the stadium people are talking about and not waco isd? But it really doesnt' matter anyway...we are heading south.

sinton66
12-09-2002, 01:26 AM
Our success against Everman last year was due in part to the fact that Sinton ran a wing-t for years before going with our current pro-style. Our coaches were VERY familiar with that offense. Everman has balance too. They haven't thrown a whole lot because they normally don't have to. But, they can throw well when they need to. One mistake we made last year was that after we fell behind, Sinton started gambling and trying to catch their RB's in the backfield by shooting LB's on a run blitz. We had been stopping them at the corners the whole game. When we gambled, our LB's ended up behind the play, and it opened the corners for some good gains. Their defense also made two super good strips after pass completions to our backs out of the backfield within a split second after the catch at full speed. Great closing speed, and they know what to do when they get there. Alas, you can't give Everman five turnovers and have a chance to beat them.

HotDawg89
12-09-2002, 09:27 AM
I've got to say that if Sinton had played Jasper, they would have beat them. After playing both teams, Sinton was a far better team. Jasper was really good, but Sinton held Burnet to fewer points than I had expected, and was more dominant all over the field. It was a far more exciting game thant he Jasper game was. I'll let you know next week about Everman!!! I guess we'll all know next week though huh?

HotDawg89
12-09-2002, 02:24 PM
Does anyone besides us Burnet people think that Burnet has a good shot at this?