PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever...

kepdawg
02-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Mods feel free to delete this if need be. :(

Have you ever voted for someone based on a recorded phone call from that person or someone on their behalf?

Old Tiger
02-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Mods feel free to delete this if need be. :(

Have you ever voted for someone based on a recorded phone call from that person or someone on their behalf? I have never voted. But Michael Griffin called me and told me to vote for Obama so I guess I have to or he'll beat me up. :(

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Chuck Norris told me to vote for Mike Huckabee...

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
I've avoided answering the phone for over a year, unless it's someone I know, hugely for that reason. If the recording leaves a message, as soon as I hear "this is blah blah blah and I/we encourage you to vote for blah blah blah", I hit delete. :D

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2008, 06:26 PM
finishing the thread topic:

"been to a Turkish prison?"

:D :D :D

Ranger Mom
02-27-2008, 07:15 PM
I haven't had a phone plugged into my phone jack for quite some time now.

I signed my cellphone number up on the "DO NOT CALL" list and have never got a recorded call!

solocam
02-27-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm with Panther Mom on this one,i look at caller I.D.,if i don't recognize the number,i don't answer it or i'll pick up the phone and hang up

piratebg
02-28-2008, 08:59 AM
I got one from Mrs. Obama and someone asking me to vote for Hillary. I can't remember who though. Anyways, yeah I was dumb enough to answer the phone.

eppy 12
02-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I've avoided answering the phone for over a year, unless it's someone I know, hugely for that reason. If the recording leaves a message, as soon as I hear "this is blah blah blah and I/we encourage you to vote for blah blah blah", I hit delete. :D let me ask you, what time of evening do they try to contact you and does it show as unknown or unavailable?

piratebg
02-28-2008, 09:16 AM
When the called me they came up as like 800 numbers or something like that. I answer because I don't know any better. :p