PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law to be released...fit for the Cowboys?

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2008, 05:01 PM
ESPN is reporting that the Chiefs have told CB Ty Law that he will be released. Do you guys want to see him with the Cowboys?

He's 34, and clearly moving toward the latter stages of his career, but I'd bring him in just like I wanted Zach Thomas. Law still has great skill and would be a great, semi-inexpensive partner to pair with Terrence Newman. I know that there's been a lot of talk about drafting a CB, but this would allow a drafted CB to develop in the nickel for a year or two before just being thrown to the wolves on a team that's expected to contend for the Super Bowl next year.

Other thoughts/opinions?

Adidas410s
02-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Bring in Ty Law...and between Newman, Henry, and Law a rookie probably wouldn't see the field.

Sweetwater Red
02-27-2008, 05:04 PM
There was a reason Detroit got rid of him and sent him to Denver.:thinking:

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
There was a reason Detroit got rid of him and sent him to Denver.:thinking:

huh?

Ty Law has never played for Detroit or Denver.

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Bring in Ty Law...and between Newman, Henry, and Law a rookie probably wouldn't see the field.

Henry could move to a nickel back, and the rookie could play the dime defense. Heck, maybe you wait a year or two to go after a rookie if you make this move. All I'm saying is that if Ty Law comes to the Cowboys, they're a better team next year than with a Rodgers-Cromartie or whoever else they pick up in the draft.

eagles_victory
02-27-2008, 05:09 PM
There was a reason Detroit got rid of him and sent him to Denver.:thinking: are you thinking of Dre Bly?

Old Tiger
02-27-2008, 05:10 PM
too old.

Sweetwater Red
02-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
huh?

Ty Law has never played for Detroit or Denver.

This hurts especially bad. I mixed up a former Wolverine with Dre' Bly.:doh:

I believe I going to go look for a hole now.:(

Txbroadcaster
02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
This hurts especially bad. I mixed up a former Wolverine with Dre' Bly.:doh:

I believe I going to go look for a hole now.:(

Just to clarify..Blye was not a fit for the style of D Dteroit was going to, not because he was playing bad or anything like that, but he just was not a good fit in the system

Macarthur
02-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Henry could move to a nickel back, and the rookie could play the dime defense. Heck, maybe you wait a year or two to go after a rookie if you make this move. All I'm saying is that if Ty Law comes to the Cowboys, they're a better team next year than with a Rodgers-Cromartie or whoever else they pick up in the draft.

I think this is sound. Bring him in on a one year deal to play nickle, draft a CB and then roll with the new kid in 09.

Sweetwater Red
02-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Just to clarify..Blye was not a fit for the style of D Dteroit was going to, not because he was playing bad or anything like that, but he just was not a good fit in the system

I liked Dre' Bly when he was at UNC. I was happy to hear he
was coming to Detroit. He was their best corner. Ofcourse their
second best was Fernando bryant who they released yesterday.

I just remember Rod Marinelli saying "We're going to get players
in here that want to be here and get rid of those that don't".
Dre' was the first or second shown the door.:(