PDA

View Full Version : Rutgers trying out a new "steriods/HGH-like" mouthpiece

Adidas410s
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Athletes at Rutgers will be trying out a new mouthguard that safely reproduces some of the effects of steroids and the human growth hormone.

The Pure Power Mouthguard, manufactured by Pure Power Athletics Group, uses bilateral electrical stimulation to relax face muscles, allowing the rest of the body to work more effectively.

Ninety percent of people don't align their jaws properly, according to the manufacturer's site, which causes facial muscles to be "unhappy." The company said there was a physical connection between these muscles and body posture, which in turn has an impact on athletic performance.

Seattle Seahawk kicker Josh Brown tested the device this past season and while it's unclear if he was paid for his endorsement, it certainly sounds like he's on the company payroll.

"I'm a field goal kicker so at first I thought: Why would I need a mouth guard? But it really did help me this past season. I had five or six tackles which is incredible for a kicker. The mouthguard also helped me run faster because my body was in its optimum position."

The mouthguards are not cheap, running between $800-$1,600 each. And you'll have to visit a Pure Power Mouthguard dentist beforehand.

jason
02-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I had five or six tackles which is incredible for a kicker. wouldnt that just mean the rest of that particular special team is terrible....or he kicked too low and had field goals blocked...