PDA

View Full Version : Sean Salisbury is gone from ESPN

Adidas410s
02-27-2008, 04:44 PM
POSTED 3:00 p.m. EST, February 27, 2008

SALISBURY WANTED A SEVEN-FIGURE DEAL

How stoopid is Sean Salisbury? He's sufficiently stoopid not to know a good thing when he had it. And he's sufficiently stoopid not to realize that he'll never, ever be as exposed or as wealthy as he was while getting paid by ESPN.

But Salisbury convinced himself that he was underpaid and unappreciated by Bristol, and he says that he asked for a seven-figure salary in order to trigger a "mutual parting."

"I'm a free agent," Salisbury told the Los Angeles Times from his cell phone (snicker) on Tuesday. "I've been liberated. I knew this was coming, but I couldn't be happier."

The problem apparently was that Salisbury didn't get paid as much as more famous former football players.

"I'd grown tired of being punished for not being an NFL superstar," Salisbury said. "Analysts who don't work as hard as me, don't prepare as hard as me, and don't have my resume were making more than me just because of their ability to throw or catch a football." (Or, as the case may be, run with a football and then win Dancing with the Stars.)

"I'd done nothing wrong, and if you hear otherwise, it's not true. I did everything that was asked of me," Salisbury said, possibly in an effort to defuse any rumors that he was fired for calling John Clayton the "Cryptkeeper" on the air last month.

Salisbury claims that he has an offer from FSN, and that he might land in a "non-sports role with CBS." Maybe he'll be hired to fire Katie Couric because she doesn't move her arms when she does the news.

DaHop72
02-27-2008, 04:47 PM
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4730/tribeej3.gif

Bull19
02-27-2008, 04:47 PM
i partly agree with s.s. he is waaayyyy better than emmit. emmit is horrible. he stutters every 2 seconds, and talks in ebonics. dont even get me started on keyshawn. sean should be getting paid more or close to the same as the former players who automatically think they can be antylist because they played pro sports. 95% of all former players who are on t.v. now SUCK AT BEING ANTYLIST.

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

"I'd done nothing wrong, and if you hear otherwise, it's not true.

What if we know for a fact and have evidence readily available that proves otherwise???

:devil: :evillol: :wave:

JasperDog94
02-27-2008, 04:50 PM
And he's sufficiently stoopid not to realize that he'll never, ever be as exposed or as wealthy as he was while getting paid by ESPN.
I thought he got in trouble for exposing himself.;) :p :p

pirate4state
02-27-2008, 04:51 PM
HAHAHA

There were days when he made me laugh & days when he made me want to throw the remote at the tv. :thumbsup:

He & Clayton were FUN to watch. Too bad.

Maybe he should have joined Dancing with the Stars. LOL

Adidas410s
02-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I thought he got in trouble for exposing himself.;) :p :p
That was a while back I think...

JasperDog94
02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
95% of all former players who are on t.v. now SUCK AT BEING ANTYLIST. Not to be the grammar police but...what's an "ANTYLIST"?:p

Bull19
02-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Not to be the grammar police but...what's an "ANTYLIST"?:p

u no what i meen

JR2004
02-27-2008, 04:56 PM
ESPN's football coverage just became much more watchable.

I was sick of Salisbury going after John Clayton anytime he didn't agree with him. Mocking the guy for how he looks just because he couldn't come up with anything else in a losing argument was lame. While I don't care for 99 percent of the media, Clayton does his job well and is in the media wing of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I can't stand when Salisbury says "We" when referring to the NFL. The guy was a career clipboard holder who saw the field just about as often as the fans in the stands did.

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM
That was a while back I think...

yes, but he was still under the same contract. His current one just expired, and as far as I'm aware, ESPN had no interest in bringing him back as there are still pictures circulating that prove what he did. This is his way of calling it mutual instead of having ESPN come out and say that they were not re-signing him.

Adidas410s
02-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
yes, but he was still under the same contract. His current one just expired, and as far as I'm aware, ESPN had no interest in bringing him back as there are still pictures circulating that prove what he did. This is his way of calling it mutual instead of having ESPN come out and say that they were not re-signing him.
Didn't it involve some ladies at 103.3?

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2008, 05:09 PM

yep...one of the girls still has it on her phone last time I talked to her.

Emerson1
02-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Is there something you aren't telling us crzy?

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Is there something you aren't telling us crzy?

:confused:

Maroon87
02-27-2008, 05:14 PM
I never really cared much for Salisbury's style. A bit too pompous IMO.

Macarthur
02-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

I was sick of Salisbury going after John Clayton anytime he didn't agree with him. Mocking the guy for how he looks just because he couldn't come up with anything else in a losing argument was lame. While I don't care for 99 percent of the media, Clayton does his job well and is in the media wing of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I can't stand when Salisbury says "We" when referring to the NFL. The guy was a career clipboard holder who saw the field just about as often as the fans in the stands did.

Agree 100%. SS was/is a jackass. I hated how he talked about himself on the same level as Emmit, Irvin, Tommy or anyother dude they ran out there. The guy was/is a huge SPARE!

Old Tiger
02-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

I was sick of Salisbury going after John Clayton anytime he didn't agree with him. Mocking the guy for how he looks just because he couldn't come up with anything else in a losing argument was lame. While I don't care for 99 percent of the media, Clayton does his job well and is in the media wing of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I can't stand when Salisbury says "We" when referring to the NFL. The guy was a career clipboard holder who saw the field just about as often as the fans in the stands did. I can list about 5 people who should be gone from ESPN before Sean. Sean is a great guy and very informative to watch.

Stephen A.
Emmitt
Keyshawn
Berman
Skip

Bull19
02-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I can list about 5 people who should be gone from ESPN before Sean. Sean is a great guy and very informative to watch.

Stephen A.
Emmitt
Keyshawn
Berman
Skip

top 3 you listed are no brainers....should've never been hired

Emerson1
02-27-2008, 05:31 PM
top 3 you listed are no brainers....should've never been hired
Skip Bayless is 10x worse then screamin A

Old Tiger
02-27-2008, 05:32 PM
top 3 you listed are no brainers....should've never been hired Forgot to mention Merrill Hoge too.

Maroon87
02-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Forgot to mention Merrill Hoge too.

The proverbial can of worms is now open...:doh:

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2008, 05:39 PM
I can list about 5 people who should be gone from ESPN before Sean. Sean is a great guy and very informative to watch.

Stephen A.
Emmitt
Keyshawn
Berman
Skip

But none of those guys have done the "off-the-air" things that Salisbury did.

Adidas410s
02-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
But none of those guys have done the "off-the-air" things that Salisbury did.
How does the saying go?? Oh that's right...sex sells baby! ;)

crzyjournalist03
02-27-2008, 05:45 PM
How does the saying go?? Oh that's right...sex sells baby! ;)

Lol...the girl I mentioned earlier seriously considered a sexual harrassment lawsuit, but instead, just makes him buy her court level seats to Mavs games a few times a year.

ILS1
02-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Thank goodness he's gone!!! He was a second rate QB and analyst!!! Now, how about Stephen A. Smith,Merrill Hoge and Skip Bayless or clueless like I like calling him!!!!

westcoast54
02-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Bet he ends up on NFL Network.

Specklebelly
02-28-2008, 10:28 PM
ESPN is notorious in the television industry for grossly underpaying their talent. Its why guy their most talented guys like Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen, Kevin Frazier, David Aldridge & now Salisbury, leave. It shouldnt be a suprise at all that someone left ESPN over a contract dispute.

CenTexSports
02-28-2008, 10:40 PM
I promise you that there are at least a hundred ex-jocks out there practicing to take over his job. That is the definition of supply and demand. The higher the supply the lower the demand and consequently the lower the pay. When only a few can replace you the higher salary you can demand.

JasperDog94
02-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Specklebelly
ESPN is notorious in the television industry for grossly underpaying their talent. Its why guy their most talented guys like Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick, Rich Eisen, Kevin Frazier, David Aldridge & now Salisbury, leave. It shouldnt be a suprise at all that someone left ESPN over a contract dispute. I can't believe that you put Salisbury in the same sentence with those other guys.:dispntd:

GoStafford
02-29-2008, 01:04 AM
emmitt is not cocky at least

Bull19
02-29-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by GoStafford

he sure is horrible on television though

crzyjournalist03
02-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by GoStafford