Region 3
Crockett vs Silsbee
Waco Connally vs Hardin Jefferson

Region 4
South San Antonio West vs West Oso
La Vernia vs Gonzales

pirate4state
02-27-2008, 02:30 PM
I don't know much about basketball, but here are my picks (guesses)

Region I: Burk
Region II: Velt
Region III: HJ
Region IV: Oso

Good Luck to all

and wow for some of these schools having their girls & boys programs this deep into the playoffs :clap:

NastySlot
02-27-2008, 02:33 PM
i'll take a shot.....and probably miss wide....

RI. Argyle
RII. Roosevelt
RIII. H. J
RIV Gonzales

eagles_victory
02-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Region 1
Brownfield vs Argyle
Fabens vs Burkburnett

Region 2
Kennedale vs Pittsburg
Roosevelt and Liberty Eylau

Region 3
Crockett vs Silsbee

Region 4
La Vernia vs Gonzales

Region 1:
Argyle over Brownfield
Burkburnett over Fabens
Argyle over Burkburnett

Region 2:
Pittsburg over Kennedale
Roosevelt over L-E
Pittsburg over Roosevelt

Region 3:
Crockett over Silsbee
HJ over Connally
Crockett over HJ

Region 4:
Doesnt matter wont win at state anyway

JR2004
02-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Argyle
Velt
H-J
Random bracket filler from region IV. Let's go with the Howling Bear this time around.

The match-ups in Austin would look like this if this is the four teams.

Argyle vs. Velt.
H-J vs. West Oso

Thankfully this would result in the championship game actually being played in the Finals and not the semi-finals this time around.

pirate4state
02-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Region 4:

Originally posted by JR2004
Random bracket filler from region IV. Let's go with the Howling Bear this time around.

Sweet. What were you telling me awhile back JR? Sinton can take comfort in the fact that they were the last Region IV team to win it all? :cool: :D

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Region 1
Brownfield vs Argyle
Fabens vs Burkburnett

Region 2
Kennedale vs Pittsburg
Roosevelt and Liberty Eylau

Region 3
Crockett vs Silsbee

Region 4
La Vernia vs Gonzales

I go with:
1- Burk
2- Roosevelt
3- Silsbee
4- West Oso

Haven't kept up with anyone much at all this year, except for Burk.......

JR2004
02-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Sweet. What were you telling me awhile back JR? Sinton can take comfort in the fact that they were the last Region IV team to win it all? :cool: :D

haha...Yeah I sure did Rita! Glad you remembered! This year will mark the 12th anniversary of the last Region IV team to win it all down in Austin. They knocked off Graham 73-66 in the final. That was my first year to go down to Austin so I remember the game well. I'm telling you, one day those guys are going to get together and act like the 72 Dolphins and have a toast everytime Region IV loses in Austin! Sam Houston dropping to 3A is the only team that could ruin things for Sinton. :)

Speaking of Graham don't you have a good friend from there who is banned from this board? :devil:

pirate4state
02-27-2008, 05:22 PM
haha...Yeah I sure did Rita. This year will mark the 12th anniversary of the last Region IV team to win it all down in Austin. They knocked off Graham 73-66 in the final. That was my first year to go down to Austin so I remember the game well. I'm telling you, one day those guys are going to get together and act like the 72 Dolphins and have a toast everytime Region IV loses in Austin! Sam Houston dropping to 3A is the only team that could ruin things for Sinton. :)

Speaking of Graham don't you have a good friend from there who is banned from this board? :devil:

HAHAHA nah, I think those guys have better things to do with their time, then to act like the 72 Dolphins. HAHAHA

JR2004
02-27-2008, 05:26 PM
HAHAHA nah, I think those guys have better things to do with their time, then to act like the 72 Dolphins. HAHAHA

lol...I'm sure they do. It'd be hilarious though if the local news down that way showed them on TV every year toasting the streak being kept intact. :)

Now about your friend from Graham. How's he doing these days? :)

pirate4state
02-27-2008, 05:37 PM
lol...I'm sure they do. It'd be hilarious though if the local news down that way showed them on TV every year toasting the streak being kept intact. :)

Now about your friend from Graham. How's he doing these days? :)

The only time Sinton makes the news is when we do something bad.

I have no idea.

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 05:50 PM
He would love to know that he was the topic of conversation on here right now, though, wouldn't he???

JR2004
02-27-2008, 06:47 PM
The only time Sinton makes the news is when we do something bad.

Well go do something good and they won't have to keep showing you on the news for just the bad things!

I kid Rita, I kid. :)

jimmyceatworld
02-27-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

Region 4:

LOL LOL LOL

pirate4state
02-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Well go do something good and they won't have to keep showing you on the news for just the bad things!

I kid Rita, I kid. :)

I'm sure I don't know what you are talking about! :p

big daddy russ
02-28-2008, 12:35 AM
I'll go with tradition and take Oso out of R4. Since '94, only three non-Coastal Bend teams have made State out of R4:

Liberty Hill 1995
Stafford 1998
Stafford 2006

And the only time the current 30-3A has failed to put a team in the Regional Finals was '95, when Liberty Hill beat Rockdale.

I bring it up about this time every year.

JR2004
02-28-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'll go with tradition and take Oso out of R4. Since '94, only three non-Coastal Bend teams have made State out of R4:

Liberty Hill 1995
Stafford 1998
Stafford 2006

And the only time the current 30-3A has failed to put a team in the Regional Finals was '95, when Liberty Hill beat Rockdale.

I bring it up about this time every year.

I'm going out on a limb and guess that this year will be the last one for a good while, let's say the next 6-7 years, that someone who doesn't have a Hurricane as a mascot makes it to Austin from Region IV.

Old Tiger
02-28-2008, 01:10 AM
Agryle

Roosevelt

Hardin Jefferson

West Oso