PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Texas Sports Stories You've Never Heard.

lakers
02-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Anybody going to go pick up a copy of this new book???

Link (http://bigcountryhomepage.com/media_player.php?media_id=9261)

nobogey72
02-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by lakers
Anybody going to go pick up a copy of this new book???

Link (http://bigcountryhomepage.com/media_player.php?media_id=9261)

I actually read it. There is a story in there about a former Wylie golfer, Jaxon Brigman, and Al Pickett (author) gave Jaxon's dad an advance copy and he let me read it. It is good, but I will say it will probably be a little more interesting to people in West Texas than in other parts of the state, because most of the stories are about athletes from this part of the state.

STANG RED
02-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I actually read it. There is a story in there about a former Wylie golfer, Jaxon Brigman, and Al Pickett (author) gave Jaxon's dad an advance copy and he let me read it. It is good, but I will say it will probably be a little more interesting to people in West Texas than in other parts of the state, because most of the stories are about athletes from this part of the state.

Where is Jaxon Brigmon now? I remember when was tearing up every golf course in this area, and winning lots of tourneys. I thought for sure we would be watching him battle Tiger and the boys some day, but I dont guess I've heard anything about him since he graduated high school.

nobogey72
02-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Where is Jaxon Brigmon now? I remember when was tearing up every golf course in this area, and winning lots of tourneys. I thought for sure we would be watching him battle Tiger and the boys some day, but I dont guess I've heard anything about him since he graduated high school.

He went and played at Oklahoma State and had a great carreer. He has never made it through Q School but has made a very good living on the Nationwide and Tight Lies and several smaller tours. But he is still trying. About 8 or 9 years ago, he actually birdied the last hole at Q-School to get his card. He shot 64. The guy that was keeping Jaxon's card had the total showing 64, but the #s actually added up to 65. Under the rules, Jaxon had to take the 65 that he signed for and missed it by one. That was the story that is in this book. He is doing great, married, got one kid, and still playing golf for a living. He comes in to see his parents and comes out and plays with us, and the joke is that we don't mind him taking our $, but we DEFINITELY don't let him keep the scorecard.:D :D