PDA

View Full Version : Rockets win 13th in a row!

Bull's-eye
02-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Rockets defeat Washington 94-69 to tie the longest win streak in the current NBA season. Dikembe Mutombo replaced Yao with 2 early block shots in the first minutes of the game, setting the tone for a great defensive effort by the Rockets. Mutombo added 2 more block shots & 6 rebounds in just 23 minutes of play. Louis Scola was 7-7 scoring 14 points in limited play.

JasperDog94
02-27-2008, 10:14 AM
The rockets are in trouble when they face a team that has a big man. That said the game atmosphere last night was great.:D

Bull's-eye
02-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The rockets are in trouble when they face a team that has a big man. That said the game atmosphere last night was great.:D

I agree, but I did notice some positive things. Rockets were actually better defensively, had more room to cut in the lanes and had less turnovers. Mutombo can still block shots and is probably a better rebounder than Yao. The Rockets will definately miss the inside scoring of Yao and his ability to draw fouls. Scola did a good job scoring inside, but he will have trouble against the bigger centers.

JasperDog94
02-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Another thing they've got going for them is that they are spreading the ball around. A couple of games ago they had 7 guys in double figures. Plus last night Bobby Jackson had 7 assists. You think he knows Adleman's system?;)

Bull's-eye
02-27-2008, 12:51 PM
They can actually run Rick Adelman's offense better without Yao Ming. On Sunday, I noticed Bobby Jackson on the court with Alston at the same time, you might see this more in the future. One glaring weakness from last season was the inconsistancy play of Alston and no backup at the point guard position. Rafer has been doing an above average job and Jackson looks to be a very capable backup.