PDA

View Full Version : Burnet-Newton??

stangedsweetheart0103
09-21-2002, 12:07 AM
Who would be the winner out of burnet and newton?

spaniard
09-21-2002, 12:09 AM
naturaly im gonna say burnet, but ive never seen newton play, and i know that old cardinal is going to say that newton would win just because he doesnt like us here in burnet, but i would hope that burnet would win. i know from postings on here that newton has a good defense, so that would be a good matchup for our offense.

bulldawg89
09-21-2002, 01:12 PM
HMMMMMMMMMM.........LETS SEE....UMMMMMMMMM YEA, BURNET WOULD WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

3A Roy
09-21-2002, 01:19 PM
You know you're not supposed to share your DREAMS. They have a better chance of coming true if you don't. Good luck Burnet.

bigdawg06
09-21-2002, 04:20 PM
I don't how good newton is but i still think burnet would come out on top....GO DAWGS

Super_Fan
09-21-2002, 07:21 PM
Newton definately with there exceptional D.

sinfan75
09-21-2002, 07:22 PM
Ah hell put a tortilla burger out in front of both teams and they'd call it a draw!!!

swampdude
09-21-2002, 10:46 PM
I saw Newton last night up close and personal. I have no idea what Burnet has other than the posts from people from Burnet. Whoever plays Newton better bring their lunch. They are quick, quick, quick, and well-coached. Unless someone has seen both teams or can compare common opponents, our opinions about who is better than who is premature at this juncture.

29x281
09-22-2002, 09:56 AM
Ok, let's see if you can follow along...

Newton beat Hemptsead, 40-0 (+40)
...who beat Brook-Royal, 14-7 (+47)
...who lost to Sealy, 25-0 (+22)
...who lost to La Grange, 14-9 (+17)
...who beat Gonzales, 36-13 (+40)
...who lost to Elgin, 21-19 (+38)
...who beat Bellville, 24-17 (+45)
...who beat Cam-Yoe, 28-20 (+53)
...who lost to Gatesville, 21-6 (+38)
...who lost to Burnet, 42-20 (+16)

The Law of Comparative Scores, then, makes Newton a 16 pt favorite against Burnet. Interestingly, it would make Newtaon a 45 pt favorite against Bellville and a 38 pt favorite against Gatesville, and it would also make Hempstead a 2 pt favorite over Gatesville, which seems pretty stupid.

All of which means nothing at this point.

8hernandez8
09-22-2002, 05:15 PM
i think Burnet would stomp em have you seen em play

QBKilla
09-22-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by 8hernandez8:
i think Burnet would stomp em have you seen em play

I can't see anyone stomping Newton. Not even Jasper and definitely not Burnet. Good luck to everyone next Friday.

I BLEED PURPLE
09-22-2002, 08:11 PM
I wish that we could play yall because I would be one of the 11 to shut yall's mouth.

newtongal
09-22-2002, 08:58 PM
I BLEED PURPLE, do you go to NHS?

29x281
09-22-2002, 09:03 PM
There's no way you'll ever get the chance to back that up since Newton is certain to be a Division II team and Burnet a Division I team.

By the way, is it true what they say about inbreeding in Newton?

BWK/LBP
09-22-2002, 09:11 PM
You people are so dumb. The burnet people sound like the bridge city people from the last two years. Yall have no clue what yall are talking about. Yall look so dumb when yall talk about how good yall are. Nobody else on the board says burnet is good except for burnet people. Newton has got like people from bridge city, jasper, sugar land and places like that saying that they are good. Man yall dont know nothin about newton football. Who is burnet anyway?

[This message has been edited by BWK/LBP (edited September 22, 2002).]

29x281
09-22-2002, 09:22 PM
Thanks for letting us know how dumb we are. Sentences like... "newton has got like people from bridge city, jasper, sugar land and places like that" ...make it plain to everyone that Newton is indeed Burnet's intellectual superior.

Seriously, though, thanks for answering the question I posed in the earlier post.

BWK/LBP
09-22-2002, 09:27 PM
grammar never won a football game.

29x281
09-22-2002, 09:31 PM
Niether did hype from Sugar Land and Bridge City.

BWK/LBP
09-22-2002, 09:38 PM
It's neither college boy.

Old Cardinal
09-22-2002, 09:38 PM
Mr. 29X281 If I were an Administrator, I would have put a ROM on you for your last statement about Newton people....Be courteous, or we will not hear for you again! Newton has a proven program 14 District Championships and many runs deep into the playoffs, their are some excellent folks in Newton! Right 3A Roy!........To Spainard from Burnet, I have no hard feelings, toward the players from Burnet, sounds like you a doing a good job. I think that the problem that has brought a certain amount of concern was the many many adults claiming( or bombarding) even before the first game- that Burnet could stomp Everman, Jasper, Sinton and half of the NFL. We all expect everyone to be pro-hometeam and see with rose-colored glasses. But, some Burnet adults came across with a pompous arrogant attitude, that seemed to cross the line of reasonableness. No, we that were offended, have nothing but the best for Burnet's players-----If you are the best, you have plenty of time to prove it on the field in the post season.

29x281
09-22-2002, 09:45 PM
I've said nothing negative about the Newton football team. I responded to a poster who claimed to be able to "shut up" Burnet. He's the one talking noise. I simply asked a question.

He deserved it.

Is calling people dumb and claiming to be able to shut people up is what you consider "courteous"?

[This message has been edited by 29x281 (edited September 22, 2002).]

BigRed01
09-22-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by BWK/LBP:
You people are so dumb. The burnet people sound like the bridge city people from the last two years. Yall have no clue what yall are talking about. Yall look so dumb when yall talk about how good yall are. Nobody else on the board says burnet is good except for burnet people. Newton has got like people from bridge city, jasper, sugar land and places like that saying that they are good. Man yall dont know nothin about newton football. Who is burnet anyway?

[This message has been edited by BWK/LBP (edited September 22, 2002).]

Burnet is good!....and Burnet people sound like Bridge City people? Bridge City went to the semi-finals last year. You obviously are extremely lost with 3A football. All the teams you named Jasper, BC, burnet....helloooo.....these are all really good teams. One of these teams may best another one, however, they all are good teams. Who knows who would win between Newon and Burnet...who cares....it is obvious that the game will never take place..it's like saying who would win between Ali and Tyson.

spaniard
09-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by BigRed01:
Burnet is good!....and Burnet people sound like Bridge City people? Bridge City went to the semi-finals last year. You obviously are extremely lost with 3A football. All the teams you named Jasper, BC, burnet....helloooo.....these are all really good teams. One of these teams may best another one, however, they all are good teams. Who knows who would win between Newon and Burnet...who cares....it is obvious that the game will never take place..it's like saying who would win between Ali and Tyson.

nuff said

newtongal
09-23-2002, 07:56 PM
what does it hurt to ask and get peoples opinion?

LG
09-23-2002, 08:30 PM
No one has given any credit to Newton. They are a really good football team with a damn good defense. I'm goin with Newton for this game handing Burnet their first loss of the year.

Chris Hart
09-23-2002, 09:28 PM
lol at LG!

spaniard
09-23-2002, 10:35 PM
i agree with you chris, its pretty funny when people just come on and dont read the whole thread, i did it once too, its great that someone really thinks it possible for newton to play burnet. hehe, its all good.

------------------
<><

mojjo_1
09-23-2002, 10:51 PM
Newton can play with any team in 3a and most of the teams in 4a. They'll have a little trouble with depth but have enough speed to play with anybody. I think Newton is the team to beat in div2. You can coach alot but you can't coach speed.