PDA

View Full Version : Roosevelt 58 Princeton 54

JR2004
02-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Good game, but Velt had way too much depth and it wore Princeton down. They rotated in 10 guys and Princeton's Big 3 were exhausted by the start of the 4th. Velt played like they're the best team in the state. Very impressive down the stretch at the line.

kepdawg
02-27-2008, 12:03 AM
I think I got my money's worth!

BobcatBenny
02-27-2008, 12:08 AM
I am little bit surprised that the Princeton team did not rush the court and start throwing punches.

kepdawg
02-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I am little bit surprised that the Princeton team did not rush the court and start throwing punches.

Me too! They threw elbows all night long! They seemed a bit whiney to me!

BobcatBenny
02-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Me too! They threw elbows all night long! They seemed a bit whiney to me!
Whiney is a result of living in ruralburbia. :D

kepdawg
02-27-2008, 06:29 PM
McNeil had a quiet 20 in the game.

I kept hoping he would inbound the ball and Solomon would go deep!

JR2004
02-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
McNeil had a quiet 20 in the game.

I kept hoping he would inbound the ball and Solomon would go deep!

You had me laughing pretty good last night with what you said Velt should use as their inbounds play...lol.

It was a very quiet 20. It didn't seem like he scored more than 12 or 13 at the most because he didn't have the ball in his hands that much at all last night until the end.

kepdawg
02-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
You had me laughing pretty good last night with what you said Velt should use as their inbounds play...lol.

It was a very quiet 20. It didn't seem like he scored more than 12 or 13 at the most because he didn't have the ball in his hands that much at all last night until the end.

There's no way if Velt would have run a spread with McNeil inbounding that Princeton could have stopped it!

I guess Princeton would have had to run a prevent!

I just don't see them covering Solomon one on one!

lostaussie
02-27-2008, 09:06 PM

Whiney is a result of living in ruralburbia. :D just sitting here quietly, wondering what might happen should the Velt actually lose:thinking:

PHS Wildcats
02-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
just sitting here quietly, wondering what might happen should the Velt actually lose:thinking:

probably nothing:rolleyes:

JR2004
02-27-2008, 10:19 PM
just sitting here quietly, wondering what might happen should the Velt actually lose:thinking:

:doh:

It's Velt, not "the Velt" and nothing would've happened.

From Coach Stanford Hill (a native East Texan from Athens) on down to the players, they didn't complain one time last night to the officials about a thing. Princeton, however, complained about the officiating from start to finish and had idiot fans hanging over the railing start to finish talking trash to Velt players on the bench. They weren't even acknowledged once the entire game. Erger acted like a maniac (like usual) and Ivy lost his cool with the officials several times last night.

Velt vs. Pitt should be fun in the finals. Pitt can't use the Gilmer fans might show up excuse this time around to duck them if they play them.

eagles_victory
02-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
:doh:

It's Velt, not "the Velt" and nothing would've happened.

From Coach Stanford Hill (a native East Texan from Athens) on down to the players, they didn't complain one time last night to the officials about a thing. Princeton, however, complained about the officiating from start to finish and had idiot fans hanging over the railing start to finish talking trash to Velt players on the bench. They weren't even acknowledged once the entire game. Erger acted like a maniac (like usual) and Ivy lost his cool with the officials several times last night.

Velt vs. Pitt should be fun in the finals. Pitt can't use the Gilmer fans might show up excuse this time around to duck them if they play them. Kendall Wright vs Mcneil might be a fun matchup to watch.

Aesculus gilmus
02-28-2008, 08:29 AM

I think they have had some losses in basketball this season and must have comported themselves with dignity or certainly Channel 7 would have been all over it wondering why the UIL doesn't kick them out of the league.